Guest ryoyo

jomtien beach or central pattaya boyz town?

Guest ryoyo

I am dithering about whether to choose to stay near jomtien beach or in the neighbourhood of boyz town during my visit in pattaya.

Planning to visit for 2 days (then back to BKK), I want to go to both boyz town an the dongtan beach. My main activities will be in the vicinity of the boyz town from night until late, just go to the beach during daytime. I rather stay near the central pattaya because I want to hang out around the area until late and it's convenient for me not to take taxi back to the hotel. But on the other hand, I will have to take my stuffs to the beach.

Is there anyone having experience staying in the center and moving to the beach also? Would it be better to reserve a room nearby the beach?

It will be my first solo visit to pattaya, so any comments would be appreciated :D

it's  easy to get from Boyztown to Jomtien and back during day , just hop on songtaew -you will see them lining up on 2nd Road just south of intersection with South Pattaya Rd, easy 150 meters walk from Boyztown.

If you tired with the trip, whole 10 minutes,  you can always stop and relax at Bamboo bar before heading to the beach. The same before your return trip if you feel anxiety, boys there are quite relaxable.  

Rest assured Boyztown will keep you occupied those two days, forget the beach, Copa massage boys are available from late morning and you can get your tan just by walking around the block.

I often stay at the Samsuck Guesthouse, which is half way from Boystown and Jomtien. Its not too far to walk back from either - perhaps 20 minutes. Alternatively you can stop a baht bus or take a motor bike taxi.

For me staying in BT or Sunee, the downside is the noise from the bars which lasts long after the official closing time. No good if you are a light sleeper.

Last three trips I was staying in LeCafe Royale in standard rooms on either 2 or 3rd floor and never had any problems with soi noise at night but complains are surfacing on forums from time to time so it seems it depends on the hotel / room. 

I very much agree with you Vinapu - some rooms and hotels are better than others as regards noise. I recall staying at LeCafe Royal about 5 years ago and I cant remember being troubled. Also late night noise does not effect so much, night owls who do not return to their rooms till almost dawn. I tend to go out fairly early maybe 9 ish and return to my room maybe 12 ish especially if I have an off with me. I find it hard to enjoy my bed companion if Im listening to a rendition of "I did it my way" from some drunken farang in a nearby bar. Also Im a light sleeper - I live in a very quiet location at home. Thais only know one setting for the volume knob - maximum.

It is very easy to get to the beach during the day on a baht bus, so stay in South Pattaya within walking distance of Boyztown & Sunee.
 This works well for me.   Also, if you only plan to stay 2 days in Pattaya & pick a proven hotel, neither solution will be a disaster, so no need to dither.

Since you say you're going to be in Pattaya for 2 days, assuming your primary purpose in coming to Pattaya is the boys, I too would recommend staying in the Boyztown or Sunee Plaza area.  You'll be right where the boys are and on a 2 day trip, most likely you'll be looking for boys in the go-go bars.  And when you find them, you'll be a few steps from your hotel room.

Where boys are concerned, you might as well forget about the beach.  For whatever reasons, the boys don't go to the beach anymore.  When you spend your time at the beach, if you see more than 1 or 2 available boys - other than boys who were dragged to the beach by a farang - let me know.  A few days ago when I was entering Jomtien Complex, I ran into Rit, of Rit's Beach.  Naturally he asked why he hasn't seen me at the beach for ages.  I gave him an honest answer.  I said, "If the boys come back, I'll come back."

You mentioned you would have to take your stuff to the beach.  How much stuff is that?  Other than maybe a towel and perhaps a tablet or a book, what else do you need to take to the beach?

On the other hand, if you change your mind and intend to spend your 2 evenings in Jomtien Complex rather than the Boyztown or Sunee Plaza go-go bars, then you would be better off staying in the beach area.  There are plenty of places to stay in Jomtien Complex - with The Venue, Ganymede, and East Suites being the most popular.

I live in a very quiet location at home. Thais only know one setting for the volume knob - maximum.

You have a point , I have 16 lane highway 200 meters from my windows so my noise tolerance must be much higher due to training.LOL.

Not only Thais , it seems all South Asians have the same affliction and I recall with horror some overnight trips by Indian buses and Chinese trains.

But my point to OP was: don't be afraid to take Boyztown hotel as it may be much more quieter than you expect in such location, proven 3 times.

Guest abang1961

For me a REAL born and bred in the city, a beach locale is best for vacation.

Better still, if I can be almost naked for the whole day.

Jomtien does have its merits.. there are shops, restaurants and bars to cater to your needs..

If you are looking for a rowdy night, hop on the baht bus and you will be in the Boyztown/Sunee very soon.

Assuming you want to take the one or other boy to your room, stay in South Pattaya in a hotel in walking distance to Sunee or Boyztown. Ride to Jomtien is about 10 minutes without traffic, but it can take over 30 minutes when there is traffic jam.

In 2013, I was staying in Jomtien repeatedly, until I was caught in a traffic jam around 8 pm (a time where I would want to be in a bar), and then had to wait in rain to get songtheo back to Jomtien at 2 am (a time where I would want to be in bed).

And the traffic situation is getting worse - so many big busses with Chinese tourists and so narrow streets... And they put new building so close to the roads, although they will need this space for widening the roads... And it's only a low season...

But I stay at Jomtien and plan to spend 40-45 minutes at a bahtbus in the evening. Or you can take a motosai, if you need to be in the center quickly, something about 100 baht.

Guest alkoe

hello - on my first visit to Pattaya i stayed in a nice hotel opposite to the central center  (big c)- just 2 stars but with all what i needed, very clean and with nice pool in a quiet location - but that was far away from boyztown - of course with Baht bus no problem to go there and back - but maybe somebody got an advice for a nice hotel more in the near - but with pool and in walking distance to the beach? I know that the beach in Jomtien is better and cleaner than in Pattaya - and i also had the impression, that the beach in North Pattaya is cleaner than in Central Pattaya - but the distance to boyztown and the horrible costs for wifi in the hotel i stayed let me think to change to another hotel. I was also thinking to rent an apartment - but the most are in Jomtien - and i like the safety aspect like to let the id of the boy at the reception and of course the room cleaning every day in a Hotel :-)

Regarding the merits of Sunee/Boystown and Jomtien a lot of the discussion has centered around the difficulties of moving between them on baht busses and the time taken due to the severe traffic congestion applying in Central Pattaya. I have always largely overcome this by renting a motor scooter, which are available for a very low price - usually 1000 baht per week

An example of my daily movements using a scooter:-

Staying at the Samsuck Guesthouse I said goodbye to my off at about 10 am and rode to the Tony Gym on Third Road for my daily excercise of a gym work out and swim

I then rode to Jomtien and had lunch and relaxed on Dongtan Beach from about 3 pm to 5.30. I then returned back to the Samsuck where I had a nap in my room till about 7 when I had a look at the sauna activity and chatted to an acquaintance till 9 when I showered and changed and rode to Sunee where I ended up in Sunny Boys where I offed a boy at about 11.

To early to return to base I took him to Jontien Complex and took in a couple of bars with him in tow.

Riding back to Samsuck before 1.00

I would add that I drank hardly any alkohol the whole time. Tempting fate I state that in about 25 trips to Pattaya I have yet to have a significant accident. Renting the scooters has added a lot to my enjoyment.

Samsuck  Samsuck Samsuck 

WTF? Sansuk. Sauna and guesthouse in the middle of nowhere. It's located outside of Pattaya and still not in Jomtien.

While activity in sauna by the evenings can be attractive, you will use bathbus on the way to Jomtien and on the way to Pattaya.