Everything posted by vinapu
-
Pattaya International Film Festival (PTYIFF) starts today - 23 Aug - 30 August 2026
you beat me to it, I did the same and came to the same resolve
-
THE Place to be ...
Pattaya girls and boys must be getting ready
-
The opening of Guidos
place is huge. I'm sure there's plenty of room for walk-ins
-
Quarter Silom
thank you , this part I got . My "?" mark was indicator of surprise that somebody considers Raya's pastels as offending one's eyesight. But what do I know ?
-
Weekends in Bangkok 2026
you don't need AI , you can see him daily in the news
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
I'm neither US nor Euro zone person and still prefer to carry my own country money and exchange that cash at , usually XOne, or other place offering similar rate. Saving obtained that way are neither negligible nor substantial, noticeable enough though so I stick to that way of financing my trip . Actually for fun I did calculation for my last trip few weeks ago. Savings obtained by carrying cash as opposite to withdrawing the same amount from ATM amounted to 4200 baht which is about 260 per trip day or using different logic , enough to pay tip for very satisfying LT off. It is for each of us to assess best course of action as it may depend on many factors - exchange rate, fees we pay to Thai bank to use ATM, fees we pay to our bank at home and even daily withdrawal limit on the ATM or set on your bank account at home. What is interesting I can buy baht at home and rate is consistently almost the same like I'd be exchanging money in the airport in one of those booths BEFORE going down to train station i.e. not the best bust still digestible if need arises. For Cambodia I purchase USD at home as opposite of withdrawing USD from ATM there. Savings are minor but I do it for piece of mind . I know somebody whose card was eaten by machine and once I got 100 $ bill which I had trouble exchanging because of some minor writing on it's face
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
pick up few thousands more from ATM. I'm not talking riels
-
Weekends in Bangkok 2026
...by her cock ?
-
Off to the Philippines
always nice to meet one's compatriot in foreign land I guess
- Quarter Silom
-
Scam ?
tell that to those thousands who are lining up to see Mona Lisa , Rosetta Stone or Emerald Buddha. Nothing strange with request to see other country currency, strange part only is that they are asking that strangers on the street
-
Scam ?
now when you said this I recall seeing and hearing it when I was there at end of July
- Scam ?
-
The opening of Guidos
for me neither version is soaked in oil so I venture to say you should be able to eat it . I like it cooked with dried chili but when eating I put it aside . Sarika on Suriwong should be re-opened already after renovations - perhaps their version is the best in the area . At Schatzi in Jomtien Complex they also do a great job preparing it , and so does Sophie's kitchen around the corner
-
Off to the Philippines
I agree, from my experience in Cambodia they strictly don't care if I'm bringing up somebody
-
Scam ?
them we would have even more exciting story here I suspect
-
Scam ?
sure, but you missed that boat already anyway by walking away
-
Bangkok Short Trip Report - August
great to know there are honest people, dying breed though
-
Scam ?
counting money is great exercise for the fingers
-
Scam ?
be careful , those scammers are more skilled than we imagine . Scam is always obvious but usually after the fact
-
Scam ?
I know what do you mean but my answer is , I'd treat it as even more suspicious. Bkkmfj , do you remember that farang who out of blue was pestering us in Foodland to share contacts with him ?
-
Scam ?
he would know where you keep your money, his friend nearby possibly would than take task over from him. I have questions asking to see my country money quite a few times but it's different if somebody in your room asks to see it or it complete stranger on the street
-
Scam ?
you were careful and rightly so. while question about sushi place and money changer were understandable , asking for cigarette and see Philippine money would trigger similar reaction from me, just keep walking
-
Quarter Silom
+1, mine always was as long as price was competitive
-
The opening of Guidos
you have a good heart ! menu may be the same but if cook is different the same dish may taste the same, better or worse than original. At my beloved Foodland Patpong my even more beloved chicken with cashew nuts tasted bit differently during day and in the late evening. Observation confirmed by somebody else but it's where agreement stopped since each of us liked better opposite version.