Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Gang fight in Lopburi
That's really good!
-
New rules require fight refunds
That's certainly the impression airport personnel give!
-
New rules require fight refunds
I just came back to The UK, through the 'new' terminal 8 at JFK. This amalgamated BA and American, and other airlines. Perhaps doubling the number of pax. As expected no provision had been made for this increase. And the security line was horrendous. The Fast track, to which I was entitled, had one security person, and a couple of hundred pax. To improve things, TSA approved went through, at the side, and joined the queue in front of us! In 15 mins, I moved 10 feet. Eventually, some of us were directed to to the cattle class line, which had 3 security people. We then all crammed into the lanes for the x-ray machines, only half of which were working! They had the old style, where you had to reach for a box to put your gear in. Absolute chaos, with the usual disinterested staff. Excellent way to spend an hour at the new flagship terminal! Contrast this with the new American terminal at LaGuardia, which is spacious and very nice. To be fair, at Heathrow, we landed early, BA, and then the airbridge did not work! Eventually steps were brought. However, despite the crowds, it was 6.45am, straight through passport control, using the machines!
-
New rules require fight refunds
In the EU, and UK, there are pretty good rules for refunds. I got £500 refund for a delayed American flight. Paid quite promptly.
-
Massage shops on Sutthisan Winitchai Rd.
On grass can be fun! If itchy....
-
Gang fight in Lopburi
Ho, ho!
-
New rules require fight refunds
By contrast, Champaign Urbana, 5 flights a day, absolutely charming! Perhaps size matters (pun intended)!
-
New rules require fight refunds
On this trip, La Guardia, American terminal. Though the (new) terminal itself is very nice.
-
New rules require fight refunds
It's immigration that bugs me as a UK guy. The US is quite behind in using electronic monitoring, such as we have in the UK. I recently discovered the MPC App, which did speed up my 2 recent entries, but it could be a lot better. I considered Global Entry, but the procedure, including an interview in the USA, is inconvenient. I have also found that officials still like to throw their weight around, on minor matters, 'stand in line', etc. As you say it all detracts from the experience of travel.
-
Rio de Janeiro, April 2024
Well I don't speak any Portuguese! My problem.
-
Finally gonna travel... tips?
We also have what we call minicabs, which have to be booked. I use one myself, as I know the driver, who is reliable, and you can book weeks in advance. They are more expensive than Uber. An Uber driver still, sometimes, cancels the booking, having accepted it, and if you are going to the airport, this is no fun.
-
Villa Gianni in London, UK
Quite! And see my comments about New York!
-
Villa Gianni in London, UK
I see one boy each time I am here. This time he confirmed that the 'going rate' was 400, though I got a discount, to 350, as a regular! I saw another guy tonight, whom I hadn't seen for 3 years. He is really attractive, African American and Native American. Sex was great, and he only wanted 300. He is not on escort sites any more, so he may be a bit out of touch. I gave him a big tip, though, as I almost drowned in his cum!
-
Rio de Janeiro, April 2024
Rookie?
-
Line Booking is more challenging and more comical than I expected...
Will he get the reference?
-
Line Booking is more challenging and more comical than I expected...
Keep taking the tablets!
-
Finally gonna travel... tips?
Mind you Lyft were cheaper than Uber, maybe 20%. In London Uber remain cheaper, but that is probably because London Black cabs are rather expensive.
-
Finally gonna travel... tips?
Yes, thanks, I have the Curb app!
-
Finally gonna travel... tips?
Not really on topic, but I am in New York, and yellow cabs are significantly cheaper than Uber. Odd, I thought.
-
PM stresses importance of protecting Phuket
There are always misguided people in this world.
-
Villa Gianni in London, UK
Well, I'm in New York at present, and most guys are asking $400. Got one down to 350! One asked for 500. I politely declined!
-
The rollercoaster career of Thailand’s most famous policeman
It's all politics, as usual.
-
Rush Club
I fear that I am both....
-
Rush Club
Thanks. I am happy to be out of date!
-
Unplanned Bangkok Trip (March 2024)
A lot of members on here also have a 'stage name'. Pretty common, I think.