Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Will you go to a restaurant if you can't see the menu before-hand?
When I was in Florida, some years ago, we asked the Owner of a jewellery store for a recommendation for a good restaurant. He said we were at a disadvantage, as, being British, we had a palate! I would stress that he was American.
-
Thailand - 4th best country for expats
Just shows how hopeless these surveys are!
-
Text to speech
I thought he used gay sites to ask the questions? Sometimes the same question several times!
- a short visit
-
a short visit
You can always invite visitors to your room, to examine your stamp collection, or discuss local authority budgets etc!
-
PFC
Looks as if the PFC is back. https://pattayamail.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0bce3e0515d0797a73c960211&id=3847c727cb&e=f4eaf70b70
-
Heading for Rio - September 27>October 6. 2025
Sound move. I carry less cash, but in one pocket an out of date credit card. A valid one elsewhere. If robbed, usually the small amount of money should be enough, and they never look at the date on the credit card, so I'm told. The reason for this is that I was told that a robber would expect a foreigner to have a credit card. Happily I've never had to try this scenario for real.
-
BOYS TOWN IN PATTAYA, DEAD?
Same happened to me years ago at the Golden Cock!
-
Think You Are Safe Using Sunscreens - BEWARE!
Don't go near garlic.....
-
Americans and Their Guns
Just to be pedantic, he said 'power tends to corrupt........'
-
Suggestions for massages in BKK
'Please', or 'thanks'?
-
Suggestions for massages in BKK
If you look at the 15M website, and scroll to the masseurs, you are told if they are gay, straight or vers, and details of tips for each is set out. Pages 1 to 4 are almost all straight, pages 5 and 6 gay or vers.
-
Americans and Their Guns
Yes, i realised that. My point was that isn't it appalling that they still voted to keep him? He pleaded guilty to a whole list of felonies, etc.
-
Think You Are Safe Using Sunscreens - BEWARE!
Unfortunately not. It was a public beach! I was there on business, and I had the weekend off. Great lobster, but I also ended up in the hospital! I still have the sunburn scars that my dermatologist checks every year! I have had 3 bccs, on my face, so I get checked every year. I now use a moisturiser with sunscreen every morning!
-
Think You Are Safe Using Sunscreens - BEWARE!
Especially on a white sandy beach, where the sun reflects off the sand, as I found out to my cost in Cuba!
-
Americans and Their Guns
Interesting that 114 lawmakers voted to keep him in office!
-
Patpong comings and goings
A fair point, though!
-
Americans and Their Guns
As I understand it, an amendment to the Constitution has to be proposed by a two thirds vote of Congress, and then ratified by three quarters of the States. There is no chance of this happening, unfortunately. Another madness, to add to those set out by @PeterRS, is that the whole of the House of Representatives is elected every two years. So as soon as they finish an election, they are canvassing for the next one. Let alone the happy business of gerrymandering Congressional districts. Yet further, I don't think the founding fathers anticipated the huge population differences now found in the States, when they agreed 2 Senators per State. California has a population of nearly 40 million, Wyoming, 590,000. Both have 2 Senators!
-
6 months in Siem Reap - gay scene has exhausted me
As I mentioned previously, I did not find drugs a Problem in SR when I was last there in January, two guys both good! I am back in November, I hope, and will report.
-
Passive-aggressive behavior with texting
Unfortunately so, but only part time!
-
Twitter/X naughty content & new gay app?
Without!
-
Twitter/X naughty content & new gay app?
Me too. I tried a few things, nothing worked. Suddenly, a few days ago, whenever I go to an X account, the hard core stuff just comes up!
-
Thai court removes PM over leaked phone call with Cambodian leader
I think that Anutin will emerge on top, he seems already to have got into a good position. He certainly can't be trusted!
-
Passive-aggressive behavior with texting
I entirely agree with your points. I dislike working via zoom, etc, for similar reasons
-
I think I'm doing something wrong. Are apps not a good use of time here?
I've always found Grindr useful, from my hotel in Surawong. Found a number of good companions, even a 3some!