Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip

Featured Replies

  • Author
On 9/21/2026 at 11:28 AM, mauRICE said:

And let's not forget he taught in the American public school system; if he survived that, he can survive anything! 😅

PS If there's no "cell service" where he is, how come he's able to receive and reply to Line messages? And how was Cam able to chat with him somewhat effortlessly these past few months?

So true about public school system. lol.

No cell service at the farm. He has cell service at his house. We were back at the house when I received Jason's Line message. Even though Cam and I had regular...daily communication...when he was at the farm we did not. That only happened a couple of times and only overnight. And there were times when the connection at his home was terrible and we could barely chat. It was definitely a source of frustration for us both at times.

  • Replies 282
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • jimmie50
    jimmie50

    lol. I guess I must be the adventuresome type of person.  Either that, or some might say I live in a state of sheer stupidity.  You are 100% correct.  I have never been to Cambodia.  In fact, until I

  • vinapu
    vinapu

    1. for transfer from airport to the city  you may also take novel and almost never mentioned approach - just arrive there  fully knowing that you will me met with several offers  of taxi as soon as yo

  • jimmie50
    jimmie50

    Thank you for asking.  I haven't posted much about it recently as I didn't think many forum members were all that interested.  The Gay Cambodia section is not nearly as lively as the Gay Thailand sect

Posted Images

  • Author
On 9/21/2026 at 11:54 AM, a-447 said:

I'd also be worried about the toilet!

I'm still in therapy after visiting the country home of a friend as a kid in Japan.

Despite being very well-off, their toilet was a hole in the ground inside the house! The stink throughout the house was nauseating.

So, the toilet at the farm is basically a hole in the ground...period. The 'shack' on the farm doesn't provide much shelter and is basically for sleeping. Shower does not exist. It is a tank of mostly rain water with a plastic scoop you use to get wet, then soap up lightly, then rinse with the plastic scoop. As I said in my new travel post...not the usual comforts of home. lol

  • Author
On 9/22/2026 at 6:20 AM, macaroni21 said:

The family isn't building a new house for @jimmie50 they're building one for themselves. If they are used to squat toilets, they will build squat toilets.

Correct. The new house is not for me. It is for his parents. The current toilet situation is a squat toilet outdoors. There has been quite some discussion within the family as to the new house. Father is old school and continues to want a squat toilet and says it just be outside. The rest of the family wants an indoor bathroom with a 'normal' style toilet. So, the plan is to have and indoor bathroom and an outdoor bathroom. Father can go outside...everyone else will go inside. lol.

32 minutes ago, jimmie50 said:

Father is old school and continues to want a squat toilet and says it just be outside. The rest of the family wants an indoor bathroom with a 'normal' style toilet. So, the plan is to have and indoor bathroom and an outdoor bathroom. Father can go outside...everyone else will go inside. lol.

When I was growing up, squat toilets were the norm, although we lived in a Western-style apartment so we had a western toilet.

You can still often find a squat in new public toilets, catering for old people like the father.

  • Author
20 minutes ago, a-447 said:

squat toilets were the norm

My ex was from Taiwan. That was my first experience with a squat toilet. Very common there when we would go to visit his family. Got used to them. Wouldn't necessarily be my choice if building a new house, but for Cam's father...there will be one in an outside bathroom. lol.

Hiii @jimmie50 ! I'm so happy and relieved to hear from you. Many of us here have been quite concerned about you. I was just thinking this morning that if I didn't hear from you by tomorrow - which would be a week from the time the Line message was sent - I'd get them to ping you again.

How are you keeping generally? How's Khmer food? Have you gained/lost weight? How's the weather; has it been raining like in other parts of SE Asia? Have you learned any Khmer swear words yet? 😏 How's Cam doing? Has the family built a little love hut for you and him on the grounds?

I get it now; the house and the farm are in separate locations and there's cell service in the former but not the latter.

Nothing much going on here other than what you've read on the forum. Bad weather in Bangkok and Pattaya. @Keithambrose was just in your neck of the woods and @bkkmfj2648 is moving to the Philippines in search of love. I'll be going to Bangkok and Pattaya at the end of the year.

Please stay in touch as much as you're able to. Meanwhile, keep safe and best wishes to you both. 🫶🙏🏻

6 hours ago, a-447 said:

When I was growing up, squat toilets were the norm, although we lived in a Western-style apartment so we had a western toilet.

You can still often find a squat in new public toilets, catering for old people like the father.

Even in new Siem Reap airport two of the toilets are squat. Picture on door!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.