Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, a-447 said:

I'd also be worried about the toilet!

I'm still in therapy after visiting the country home of a friend as a kid in Japan.

Despite being very well-off, their toilet was a hole in the ground inside the house! The stink throughout the house was nauseating.

How things have changed!

I have 3 Japanese toilets with all the bells and whistles- including music!

Plus a Thai-style bum hose.

I imagine Jimmie will insist on a western-style toilet in the new house.

The Le Meridien here has Japanese toilets, with heated seat, but no music. Although squiribg warm water up your ass can be pleasant, i dont find it works that well!

Years ago I stayed in the country house of a client/lawyer, after golf. Although Japanese in one way, no bed, tatami mat, toilet was fine!

  • Replies 282
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • jimmie50
    jimmie50

    lol. I guess I must be the adventuresome type of person.  Either that, or some might say I live in a state of sheer stupidity.  You are 100% correct.  I have never been to Cambodia.  In fact, until I

  • vinapu
    vinapu

    1. for transfer from airport to the city  you may also take novel and almost never mentioned approach - just arrive there  fully knowing that you will me met with several offers  of taxi as soon as yo

  • jimmie50
    jimmie50

    Thank you for asking.  I haven't posted much about it recently as I didn't think many forum members were all that interested.  The Gay Cambodia section is not nearly as lively as the Gay Thailand sect

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mauRICE said:

Three toilets? 😯 Wouldn't be easier to just put on the Depends? 🤔

Another piece of the puzzle...

Gold taps?. Actually I have 5 toilets, no gold to be seen, but it is a family house

2 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

The Le Meridien here has Japanese toilets, with heated seat, but no music. Although squiribg warm water up your ass can be pleasant, i dont find it works that well!

Years ago I stayed in the country house of a client/lawyer, after golf. Although Japanese in one way, no bed, tatami mat, toilet was fine!

Sorry...squirting warm water.....

24 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

Gold taps?. Actually I have 5 toilets, ..

Unfortunately, no gold anything in my house!

All modern houses in Australia have at least 2 toilets - 1 for the main bedroom and another 1 outside the bedroom - usually in the laundry.

I have 3 because there's a separate self-contained area in the house for guests.

The bum hose is used when a 'friend' comes to visit.

Japanese toilets are everywhere nowadays in developed countries. The ones sold in Australia for private homes are rather basic bolt-on devices , mainly made in China or Korea. But at least you don't need a degree in computer science to use them!

You need an original Japanese one for proper cleaning. Toto is the brand to look out for.

The latest ones medically analyse your poo.

I haven't checked but I imagine the Japanese ones would be available to buy in Thailand - at least in Bangkok.

14 minutes ago, a-447 said:

The bum hose is used when a 'friend' comes to visit.

Whaaat? You're still getting monthly visits from your "friend"? 😯

When the "friend" comes to visit beyond a certain age, a medical check up is in order. Please look up colposcopy, not kidding. 🙏🏻

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

The Le Meridien here has Japanese toilets, with heated seat, but no music. Although squiribg warm water up your ass can be pleasant, i dont find it works that well!

Doesn’t work as well as….? Toilets that play music? You’ve lost me. I suppose the poo can be melodically persuaded to self-clean

2 hours ago, hank75 said:

Doesn’t work as well as….? Toilets that play music? You’ve lost me. I suppose the poo can be melodically persuaded to self-clean

Doesn't work as well as paper, INHO! Self cleaning would be an advance, perhaps AI could be involved!

I have two Japanese style toilet seatbidets in my house, and I love them. Neither one plays music. They really do get you clean and you can usually adjust water temperature, pressure, direction and pulsation (or not). Mine also have a drying function that works well. I use a small amount of toilet paper in the end to make sure everything is clean and dry. I use way less toilet paper than I did before with far better results. I highly recommend them.

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

Doesn't work as well as paper, INHO! Self cleaning would be an advance, perhaps AI could be involved!

What’s stopping you from using both? Saving the environment?? 😆

Actually that really IS my preference, a good Japanese style ass wash rounded off with paper. In fact as @Travelingguy just said, the 100% ideal would be wash, blow dry and paper down. Just need a shave and polish to be as good as a car wash. And yes I appreciate Le Meridien’s facilities….its surprising how many far more expensive 5-star hotels in Bangkok do not have a bidet function.

1 minute ago, hank75 said:

What’s stopping you from using both? Saving the environment?? 😆

Actually that really IS my preference, a good Japanese style ass wash rounded off with paper. In fact as @Travelingguy just said, the 100% ideal would be wash, blow dry and paper down. Just need a shave and polish to be as good as a car wash. And yes I appreciate Le Meridien’s facilities….its surprising how many far more expensive 5-star hotels in Bangkok do not have a bidet function.

Takes waxing to a new level....

7 hours ago, a-447 said:

The latest ones medically analyse your poo.

5 hours ago, hank75 said:

I suppose the poo can be melodically persuaded to self-clean

how come in matter of one day we moved from worrying about jimmie50 well being to fecal subject ?

1 minute ago, vinapu said:

how come in matter of one day we moved from worrying about jimmie50 well being to fecal subject ?

Its what happens!

2 minutes ago, vinapu said:

how come in matter of one day we moved from worrying about jimmie50 well being to fecal subject ?

You can use sound waves to fracture solid material, after all.

17 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I know what do you mean by ' what", he, he

People have complained endlessly about going off topic, but the consensus seems to be, it happens!

1 minute ago, Keithambrose said:

People have complained endlessly about going off topic, but the consensus seems to be, it happens!

It's like a conversation in real life.

You tend to go off on various tangents.

My post about the toilet was in relation to jimmie's new house. I was wondering how he would cope with a village toilet while his house was being built, and hoped for the sake of all who stay there that he has a western toilet.

4 hours ago, a-447 said:

My post about the toilet was in relation to jimmie's new house. I was wondering how he would cope with a village toilet while his house was being built, and hoped for the sake of all who stay there that he has a western toilet.

that was good move since as we can see it created a lot of discussion

6 hours ago, a-447 said:

My post about the toilet was in relation to jimmie's new house. I was wondering how he would cope with a village toilet while his house was being built

Haha, hold on a sec. The family isn't building a new house for @jimmie50 they're building one for themselves. If they are used to squat toilets, they will build squat toilets.

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

Haha, hold on a sec. The family isn't building a new house for @jimmie50 they're building one for themselves. If they are used to squat toilets, they will build squat toilets.

Correct!

18 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Although squiribg warm water up your ass can be pleasant, i dont find it works that well!

Does the concierge bidet service now provide medieval personal attendants?

56 minutes ago, NormandyCoast said:

Does the concierge bidet service now provide medieval personal attendants?

Unfortunately not.

3 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Haha, hold on a sec. The family isn't building a new house for @jimmie50 they're building one for themselves. If they are used to squat toilets, they will build squat toilets.

Ok.

I thought Jimmie would be staying in the new house , or visiting, with his guy from time to time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.