Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The Thais as a group always strike me as much more religious and devout than farangs. Granted, there's seems to be a lot of smoke,mirrors, incense and ghosts involved, rather than moral instructions in a strict sense, but most Thais I have met seem, at least superficially, to frequent their temples with much more frequency than farangs do their churches. There was an interesting article in "Thai Day", the Thai section of the International Herald Tribune yesterday, relating a university poll of 500 young Thai teenagers who were queried about their religious attitudes toward worship at wats. Twelve percent of teenagers surveyed said they had never been inside a …
-
Kao Pansa, the three month period of Buddhist Lent, began today, July 11. As is almost always the case during a religious holiday, the gay bars were all closed this evening. My boyfriend and I were in the Sunee Plaza area, in our car, and we were able to drive right through Sunee Plaza at about 8:45 PM. All the bars were dark and the street was nearly empty, except for a few wandering boys trolling for "farang" that might not have been aware that the bars would all be closed today. Now, in keeping with "What's wrong with this picture?", we were just passing through the area because we dropped off one of his friends at his apartment, very close to Sunee Plaza.…
-
BANGKOK, (TNA) Computer users in Thailand and other Asian countries have been warned of 26 computer virus strains spreading across the region via electronic mails (e-mails), according to a leading computer software manufacturer. As internet and viruses know no national boundaries, the warning applies to any country in the world. The 26 computer virus strains are worms in the RONTKBR.GEN family, which were first identified last year but have been spreading in wider areas across the region, according to manufacturer Trend Micro Incorporated, a leading world provider of comprehensive antivirus, Internet content security, and outbreak management software and s…
-
- 0 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Hi all, I am new here. I am Asian, but primarily grew up and studied in the West. I am really keen on visiting Thailand (esp. Phuket) for the first time this summer, and was wondering whether you guys could offer some guidance. Basically, I am just interested in getting many nice massages and perhaps meeting some other interesting gay Westerners around my age for chats, fun, whatever (opportunities are limited back at home because I am not out). My questions: 1. If I go for a massage at one of these gay outlets which advertise the fee at 200-400BHT: - am I meant to be naked; - how do I indicate if I want a hj; and - how much extra should I pay (and…
-
WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 9, 2006 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Quiz Night at La Cage Bar, Sunee, Thursday night, July 6, draws full house, raises 15,000 baht for charity Monty takes over The Enchanted Hut, Jomtien, partnered with Ronald of Rayong; Tim as "silent partner" Non Cafe, Soi VC / 17, Sunee Area, takes in Thaimanken as partner "Very Busy Month" of July underway for Telephone Pub, Silom Soi 4, Bangkok Former waiter at The Balcony, Bangkok, now operating bar in Pattaya -- Took's Ma Room Ruk Bar now open on Third Road near intersection wi…
-
Traveling with Pets is a ROYAL pain in the ass. I have 3 dogs that are puppies. They are adorable and the sweetest things on earth. I didn't realize how difficult they were going to be to travel with. First, there is an air cargo embargo July 1, through Sept 15 that prohibits all animals from being below in cargo on NWA/KLM flights. The only option is to have them in the cabin with you. As my dogs are small enough, they were able to ride with me. However, as I had 3 of them, you are only allowed to take 2 with you. There is usually a but. But, you can take 3 if you buy an extra seat for the other one. That is what I did. I arranged everything with NWA…
-
For the past several weeks, the baht seemed to be weakening slightly and inching its way toward about 38.5 to the US dollar. Since Friday the baht has reversed the trend and is now getting stronger. This morning the exchange rate opened at 37.92 to the dollar and closed at 37.90. For many years the baht held steady at about 45 to the dollar, meaning you would receive 45000 baht if you exchanged US $1000. Now, if you exchange US $1000 you'll receive 37900 baht, a difference of 7100 baht. That is approximately a US $175 difference per US $1000 exchanged. I am not an economist, so I don't have any idea as to the cause of the current baht strengthening, but some…
-
- 3 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
After lying low for a few days I have decided that I have no reason to leave this board. There is a lot of information and a lot of good people who post here. I have received mainly positive feedback so if I have a question to ask, I am going to do it...if it is half baked to one or two people...fine...I am not going to let one or two people to get "under my skin". And if I have a reply and nobody but myself is in agreement, than so be it.
-
All good things must come to an end. Hedda asked in another post when my spending spree was going to stop. Well, it has stopped. I have finished. Elvis has left the building so to speak and as his ring said TCB. That is what I did. I took care of business. I had several boys living with me for a long time. My main rules are, no other farang, no lies and no yabba. If they follow those rules, other things are no problem. Living in the lap of a luxurious home, I had a great life. A swimming pool. Tons of boys. Many farang friends. It was a good life. A few nights ago, that life came to a halt. I found out that all but one of my boys had been doing Ya…
-
I don't know what it is about Center Condo, but an awful lot of "farang" take a dive from there. I have a feeling if you sit outside on the balcony often enough, sooner or later someone will come flying by. Here's the latest "Flying Farang," as appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _________ Belgium National Jumps to his Death from Center Condo. This case comes from the Center Condo Complex located just off the South Pattaya Road next to the Chaimongkon Temple. Police Major Pongsak from Pattaya Police Station was sent to the location at 10.30pm on Tuesday Night after security staff at the complex reported the apparent suicide of a Belgium National. …
-
- 0 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I'd be interested to know what recent experience other expats living in Thailand have had with the reliability of the Thai mail. I never had any problems relying on the Thai mail system for years, but in the last six months, at least four separate items of regular air mail sent from the USA and UK have not arrived here at my place in Thailand. While I was in the US a few weeks ago, I mailed myself an envelope which still hasn't arirved over three weeks later. Anyone had any similar problems ?
-
When I move to Thailand next year, I will not be on a typical "big" farang budget, so I will not be eating out everyday. Thanks to my experience over the past 15 years, I know pretty much what other things cost , but for basic housekeeping, I do not have a clue. For those who live there, could you please tell me approximate prices of the following (at Big C, Freedom, Lotus, etc.): dozen eggs cooking oil bottle water kilo rice loaf bread Soy Sauce hot sauce bar soap laundry detergent kilo pork anything else you can think of... Thanks!
-
- 16 replies
- 5k views
-
-
WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 2, 2006 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Symphony Brasserie's Dinner for Pattaya Gay Festival Thursday night, June 29, great success Throb's party with Pee Saderd Another Great Success, Despite World Cup; Saderd "Brings Crowd to Feet'" again The Enchanted Hut, Jomtien Complex, to "Officially Open its Doors" with Fourth of July Party Tuesday Throb to celebrate American Independence Day with special event on July 4 Poseidon Hotel is not for sale, owner advises; major improvements being made now Bondi Guesth…
-
The following article makes it sound much worse than it has actually been, at least in Pattaya and the beach area. We have been getting rain, but it has been nothing at all like the torrential rains the article is talking about. The rains in Pattaya and the beach area have been more of an inconvenience than anything else, and I have not seen any flooding at all. I feel terribly sorry for people who have had their homes destroyed in other districts, but quite frankly I prefer the rain we've been experiencing in Pattaya lately to the terrible drought we were experiencing at this same time last year. _____ CHONBURI, July 2 (TNA) Torrential rains caused flash …
-
- 2 replies
- 3k views
-
-
I was shocked to see in a walk last weekend along Dongtan Beach that the Pattaya politicians have discovered yet another way to destroy what's left of the natural state of Pattaya's beaches. I'm not talking about all the sandbags that the folks have piled along the beach, presumably to counter the horrific engineering that went into the yellow brik road, and which make the beach look permanently like Katrina is on the way. Nor am I referring to the yellow brick road that is, in its third rainy season, slowly and inexorably sinking and falling apart at the edges. The "Piccadilly" lights they first installed are, of course, long since pilfered, destroyed and otherwi…
-
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
-
-
Has the Thai censor's block been lifted on this board ?
-
Is the word " I love you" has any meaning at a ziv77 wrote: I am posting this question after having a very bad experience just last week. The story begins when I wrote to J ..who I saw in Gay Thailand. He is from Vietnam, 28 years of age, very cute, has a nice smile, Intelligent, university graduate. We were writing to each other for almost 4 months in the Internet, sending SMS messages. Slowly, getting to know each other, We both felt attached to each other, to the extent that every mail was signed off with "I love you" "I think about you all the time" "I miss you" and more. I wish to empasize, that I live 10,000 km away from Vietnam. With the messages, I begun to …
-
I'll be heading back to Thailand and Tara soon, after spending a few weeks taking stock of America. I'm taking the liberty of posting this here now, because I won't be able to post once I'm back in the saddle in Siam. Ever since the authorities threw that censor's button, I have been able to read but not post to this site from inside Thailand. Frankly, I'm happy to get back, not only because I miss my home there, but because America has become an almost alien land to me, especially in political terms. The President is either too stupid or callous to honor his oath to uphold the Constitution, using the war on terror to justify outrageoous breaches of his sworn legal d…
-
WEEKLY REPORT ON THAILAND FOR THE WEEK OF JUNE 25, 2006 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Symphony Brasserie hosting charity dinner for Pattaya Gay Festival this Thursday, June 29 Kevin of Throb and Splash indicates reported sale premature; still negotiating; Le Cafe Royale "not for sale" Niddy's Nook preparing for Wedding Anniversary Bash July 8; final week of special coupon promos is underway Red Dragon, Day Night One, holding celebration as it reaches first anniversary July 1 Throb has Pee Saderd coming July 1 at conclusion of national tour with his Number One hit American …
-
It seems like the pedophiles are coming out of the woodwork lately. This time it's another American. The story appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Tourist Police Arrest American Man Accused of Sex with Minors Pattaya
-
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I'll let it speak for itself. The following article appears in today's PATTAYA MAIL: _____ Baht Bus Chief Says Fares Set in Accordance with Land Transport Department Guidelines Says foreign tourist fares are higher because of currency differences Vimolrat Singnikorn Songtaew operators maintain a fare pricing structure in accordance with the Department of Land Transport and are not able to arbitrarily raise fares because of rising fuel costs or any other reason, says the head of the association representing the operators. Currently there are 700 songtaews (baht buses) in Pattaya. The Pattaya Transport Cooperative held it…
-
- 1 reply
- 2.5k views
-
-
One of the profiles photos uses the name PrickThai..It is amusing as I am sure many if not most of the farangs assume it is a sexual reference but actually PrikThai is just a spice here and prik is powdered pepper and prikthai is powdered black pepper.. (not 100% sure but you get the idea) Do you like prikthai??
-
The following appears in the June 23 issue of the PATTAYA MAIL. I don't know how much help this article will be to those who are in jeopardy because of the regulation enforcement, but at least you'll know you're not alone in your concerns. Unfortunately, there still is no hint as to how all of this will eventually play out. _____ Property Law Enforcement Changes Discussed at PBTA Meeting as Property Developers Start Losing Billions Discussions and clarifications sought with MOI Ariyawat Nuamsawat One of the hot topics discussed at the monthly Pattaya Business and Tourism Association meeting was the recent enforcement of land ownersh…
-
- 0 replies
- 2k views
-
-
The following appears in the June 23 edition of the PATTAYA MAIL: _____ 19 Underage Boys Found Offering Sexual Services in Sunee Plaza Bar Boonlua Chatree Police raiding a boy go-go bar shortly after midnight on June 13 found a number of underage boys along with rooms on the upper level of the premises where they offered sexual services to foreign visitors. Pol Lt Col Wuttichart Luonsukhan, superintendent of Pattaya tourist police led the team of officers investigating Diamond Go-Go at Soi Sunee Plaza. The door was open when police arrived and they walked in to a conventional go-go setup with flashing lights and blaring music. Ho…
-
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
I have not had much experience with guys from this part of the world. I have met a few in Pattaya that I thought were sexy and even had a few encounters with them that were quite enjoyable. I had a bad experience with a group of them at Hollywood as the group kept invading my space and were acting like dogs in heat when it came to the ladyboys in our group. As one of them kept hitting on one of the ladyboys who had a boyfriend in the group, the night almost ended in a brawl. This is not what I wanted and was able to maintain the peace. I just wonder why there are so many from that part of the world in Pattaya. I have nothing against them being here but I w…
-
- 5 replies
- 6.2k views
-