The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Over at the Neverland Ranch, my esteemed colleague, Doug69, had this to say: I haven't look at this place in months, but I can't believe what I see as I survey the carnage. This place is deader than Hooboy. All the bad, mean posters were banned or went away, and what happened? Exactly what we always said would happen: the rest of the people - the nice babbling cliched old codgers - would end up boring themselves, and every one else, to death. All that would be left would be a few drooling imbeciles and loons babbling to each other about nothing. And that's exactly what is left. Virtually no thread has more than 10 responses. Each only has a couple of hundred reads. The…
- 44 replies
- 7k views
-
The new TV series Animal Kingdom is quite entertaining. I love Ellen Barkin and she is truly ruthless in this show. I also love all the surfer eye candy especially the lead character Finn Cole as Joshua "J" Cody. The last episode has one of the troubled sons breaking into his "bf's" house and throwing him on the bed, getting out a bottle of lube and fucking him. I love me some closeted straight characters who know to use Eros.
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
Anyone ever try to use one of these Travis translators? They have a new model coming out soon. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/travis-touch-pocket-translator-software-design/x/7247010#/ Supposed to translate Thai. Given how generally terrible online translation is for Thai I am somewhat dubious. But they have a bunch of good reviews for languages like Korean, Japanese and Mandarin. So maybe it is able to handle Asian languages which most online systems seem to struggle with.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
We are moving servers so you may experience some extraterrestrial moments. Normally, things are fine. But, you never know. However, if any issues in the next 2 days just know the the site admins are working on some things.
- 8 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I received an email from a respected online friend posing five questions, some earnest and some as devil’s advocate. He thought that many might be interested in the answers. [em]1) More and more sites: Today, there seem to be more and more of them. I don't know how much time others have, but I have a finite amount of time for this kind of stuff.[/em] Time management is an issue for all of us these days. And there are more and more media and entertainment outlets becoming available daily. There is tremendous competition for our time and attention. It is up to us to select what we tune in to. There will always be demand for another really good read or movie if it is …
-
- 6 replies
- 2k views
-
-
From Grandma's Kitchen - For a nice summer twist to your Bar-B-Q, instead of the typical Bun for your burgers or hot dogs, TRY Arepas, sweet corn cakes... It gives a surprising kick to your burger or dog, and you avoid all that bad white flour... You can heat em up in the oven or fry pan, and dress with your favorite condiments.... And, you will have a taste of the Tropics... They are also GREAT for grilled cheese sandwiches... FYI, there is also a CHEESE version.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
NOTE -- The panoramic photo below features a scene familiar to most readers (Saphan Taskin BTS stop just before Silom line crosses above the Chao Phraya and environs). Question that comes to mind: what was the photographer's vantage point? From South China Morning Post Chinese parents buy education and properties in Thailand as international school fees at home rise International school fees and properties in Bangkok are a fraction of those in China Chinese parents keen to enrol their children in international schools but reluctant to pay the exorbitant tuition fees in the mainland are turning to Thailand as an option, a trend that has bolstered t…
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
-
I have not been in a place where Spanish or English aren't the main spoken languages, so I have never used Google translator before. Getting ready for my trip to Salvador, I downloaded the app with the Spanish and Portuguese dictionaries just in case I may be in a situation with no wireless, but I am connected right now. To try it, I typed this text in Portuguese: sou um cara boa pinta presença, másculo de bom nível cultural, que gosta muito de sexo, sou muito safado e gosto de proporcionar prazer a quem estiver comigo de diversas formas, faço tanto ativo como passivo. When I try to translate to Spanish, it is censored. I get random messages like "Me encanta la …
- 3 replies
- 960 views
-
This is my 16th year of high school teaching in the USA, and for the first time I was assigned a classroom with a closet. It is a medium size walking closet with huge wooden shelves, a window, and light but no power socket. I am thrilled at having my classroom clean of cluster by storing my resources in this extra room. And I think it is going to become the stage for many of my masturbatory fantasies. There are other two classrooms in my hallway, all for English Learner students (EL), hosting five teachers. One of the female teachers is new, I like and love all the others, there is only one male, Mr. M. They all are very young, I could be their dad. Mr. M is in …
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
From CNBC Here's what it looks like when you let Google store your location history. Even if you pause this setting though, the company will still store information about your your physical whereabouts. Turning off location history doesn't stop Google from storing where you've been — here's how to limit the info it logs Contrary to what a user might reasonably assume, pausing "Location History" on a Google account doesn't actually stop it from storing time-stamped location data. Privacy conscious users should pause the "web and app activity" setting too. Do you think you've stopped Google from storing information about your physical whereabouts? You m…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
So moving. This is what being in love looks like – in pictures Photojournalist and videographer Stefania Rousselle asked strangers to share their most defining and life-changing love stories https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/09/stefania-rousselle-photographer-love
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
The New York Yankees are planning to host events commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots in 2019, a significant move from one of only two MLB teams that does not host an annual LGBTQ Pride Night. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/401136-new-york-yankees-to-commemorate-stonewall-anniversary-in-2019
-
- 1 reply
- 691 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have many friends in Isreal and I love visiting there. But, I always thought that the country was always so open and accepting. However, I see the tide turning and with all changes in the USA and around the world, what is happening to gay rights around the world? Why is the tide turning? What does the gay community do in order to stop this? Change the tide? https://apnews.com/426251df5cb44b96a1285360702913b5/Thousands-march-in-Jerusalem-Gay-Pride-amid-surrogacy-uproar
-
- 0 replies
- 637 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I had a meet up with an acquaintance I have not seen or heard from in twenty five years recently. It was odd and awkward in so many ways. I first had to establish that this fella was no longer using hard drugs. No I have been lied to about this by many addicts but I usually can suss out the truth quickly and make decisions using that information. I don't automatically discriminate against drug users- I just like to know what I am dealing with. This fella had used Crack in the past and that is not a drug with effects that I find pleasant. He told me he had not used Crack in four years. The other issue I wanted to clear up was what he looked like these days. I fou…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
the is a video taken last Halloween at the Abbey Bar in West Hollywood! I first went to the abbey when it was a very small coffee house with one pool table and great bakery goods in 1994! then it got enlarged to the space next door then a year or two later it added the space of the Persian rug store across the courtyard and then again another space to become a large complex with 5 bars 3 of which are indoor outdoor areas! looking back i am a little embarrassed that i can say i had sex 3 or 4 times there (years ago like 10!) but it must be old age setting in because i used to drive up from the OC once a week or more to go to Weho and the Abbey and when i was there last w…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
All being well, by this time next week my plane should be approaching Thailand for the start of a three week holiday in Pattaya (mostly). [15th August to 5th September] Over the following 20 days I plan to slowly distribute my baht amongst the deserving poor of Sunee Plaza, Jomtien Complex and, of course, Boyztown. I would be delighted to meet any fellow Board Members, either resident, or fellow travellers who are in town, for a drink and a chat. Compared to most of you guys I am still relatively new to this side of town and would be grateful for any tips and advice. If anyone is interested, please either reply here or send me a PM and we will arrange means o…
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
Handsome Backstreet Boy Nick Carter would seemingly have his choice of sexy women, but Los Angeles prosecutors are reviewing allegations that he forced himself on a young woman after giving her "shots" of alcohol. Carter allegedly unbuttoned the woman's pants and forced her into receiving oral sex. He then moved to another room, where he raped her, she says. Carter, now 38, was 18 at the time, as was the accuser, who says that until this incident she was a virgin. She waited 20 years to reveal the rape because she was afraid of Carter's influence in the music industry. The accuser is herself an actress. Carter claims the sex was consensual and is "shocked and sa…
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
From The Nation A special lane at Suvarnabhumi airport has been inaugurated - it is for the ease and convenience of Chinese visitors. Thailand's poster boy top cop Maj Gen "Big Joke" Surachet Hakpal - deputy commissioner of the tourist police - and Pol Maj Gen Pritthipong Prayoonsiri at Region 2 immigration have shaken hands on the deal that provided the new lane. Though they did not mention if this was in response to bad press after the boat accident in Phuket recently that saw many Chinese cancel their holidays. Continues with pics, video http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/around_thailand/30351469
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
From Bloomberg News The operator of Bangkok’s elevated metro system anticipates a tripling in profit over five years as the network expands and commuters flee traffic jams. BTS Group Holdings Pcl predicts about 6 billion baht ($192 million) of net income in 2022, up from 2 billion baht last year, Chief Executive Officer Kavin Kanjanapas said. Roughly two-thirds will come from the mass-transit business as new track takes daily ridership to some 2.5 million passengers from 700,000 currently, he said. While the so-called SkyTrain’s route length across Bangkok will climb to 49 kilometers by March next year from about 38 kilometers presently, one major challen…
- 6 replies
- 2.1k views
-
From National Public Radio Scotty Bowers, pictured here in his Marine uniform, ran a gas station in post-WWII Hollywood that provided a unique service for many movie stars of the era. Greenwich Entertainment We are constantly rewriting our collective history, but few of us can do it with as much devilish glee as Scotty Bowers. Now 95, the onetime Hollywood hustler spent decades during Tinseltown's golden era providing sexual services to the biggest names in town, including Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, George Cukor and Rex Harrison. He'd rent out a trailer in the back of a gas station on Hollywood Boulevard for $20 per session and also make house calls, some…
-
From Bangkok Post The new terminal for interprovincial public passenger vans is located under the Si Rat expressway, opposite Mor Chit bus terminal. The new terminal for public passenger vans operating on interprovincial routes opened in Bangkok on Wednesday. All van services at Mor Chit bus terminal had been moved to the new facility on Kamphaeng Phet 2 Road under the Si Rat expressway, Land Transport Department director-general Sanit Promwong said. The new terminal, built for exclusive use by public vans, is across the road from the Mor Chit bus terminal. The 30-rai complex can handle up to 2,000 passengers at a time, leaving on all routes. Transpor…
- 4 replies
- 1.7k views
-
The LA Times today selected 22-year old Noah Centineo as "this summer's new teen heartthrob." The actor will star in 2 summer movies. On August 17th, the movie "To All The Boys I Have Loved Before" debuts. Far as I can tell, it is not a gay love story. Girls do fall in love with boys after all. Then on September 7th we get "Sierra Burgess Is Not A Loser." (Although the film may be!) Mr. Centineo is pictured below (on the right.) The LA Times article: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-ca-mn-noah-centineo-netflix-20180803-story.html
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
Another One Bites the Dust
- 20 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower