Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    My favorite West Coast bartender is Ryan (on the left) in this pic from Fiesta Cantina in West Hollywood. He's the nicest guy you'll ever find.

    • 3 replies
    • 851 views
  2. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    This is very cool check it out

    • 1 reply
    • 622 views
  3. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I can't trust some of the five star amazon book reviews after reading those books myself. I've heard there are companies who provide reputation monitoring service. Basically, they search the internet anything about their client and if there is anything unfavorable to their client then they find a way to get rid of it. Writing favorable reviews for books, hotels, businesses seem to be one of their jobs these days. The internet, an innovation that helped so much people is now being manipulated in a way that prevents innovation. Well that happens all the time..

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gay-voices/ I don't know if you have noticed or not, but The Huffington Post now has a "Gay Voices" section. The editor-at-large is Michelangelo Signorile.

    • 7 replies
    • 798 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Anyone else follow the AfterElton website? I get such a kick out of their daily Morning Meme postings. http://www.afterelton.com

  6. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Seriously, check them out!! http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00046580.html

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Started by TampaYankee,

    how much. I loved the chrome trim and and bumpers on cars back in the old days before mileage standards came into play. It made cars sexy and hood ornaments were works of art. Sadly it was replaced with plastics and vinyl. Today, I tried the Chrome Browser for the first time. I'm not one to rush in to be a beta tester... lol. Let someone else find all the bugs and other issues. My IE 8 was getting slower and slower and my son (an internet software engineer) convinced me that Chrome was ready for prime time. So I downloaded it today. WOW is it fast. It's not very sexy looking unlike the chrome of yesteryear but runs like hell, just as those cars of yesteryear did. …

    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    In the spirit of knowing that all New Years resolutions are made to be broken here are my annual resolutions. What are yours? 1. I'll stop giggling anytime someone on the news mentions "Santorum in the White House" or "Santorum at the debate." 2. I will no longer kill men just to watch them die. 3. I will destroy my shrine to the Dark God David Hasselhoff. 4. I'll stop teasing bi tops that their dicks smell like sushi. 5. I won't kidnap royal dwarfs for crimes I can not prove they committed. 6. I will cancel my subscription to hothornyalbinonegrom4msexnow.com. 7. I will no longer scream out "Tootsie Pops Are Tops!" when I cum. 8. I'll stop wishing Lady Ga Ga h…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2011&p=.htm This link is to the top movies of 2011 in box office receipts. It's not surprising that the last Harry Potter made the #1 position for the year.

  10. Started by TampaYankee,

    Go Daddy Really Messed Up By Adam Clark Estes, The Atlantic Wire | National Journal Tue, Dec 27, 2011 Christmas passed without a fallen snowflake at Go Daddy's Arizona headquarters, as the former supporter of the Stop Online Piracy Act watched tens of thousands of customers flee its business. The Domains, a web analytics blog, reported on Christmas Eve that customers moved 37,000 domains off of Go Daddy's service in two days, and by the next day another 28,000 had bailed. Maybe it has something to do with that Reddit boycott planned for Dec. 29, and maybe it had to do with recent reports that Go Daddy shuts down domains at the drop of a hat -- but the business sure i…

  11. He said that for $3 million he'd let a dude fuck him up the ass. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/music/robbie-williams-and-his-wife-ayda-field-and-close-friends-name-a-figure-for-having-gay-sex-and-brad-pitts-free/story-e6frexl9-1226232888567 I'm not sure why he thinks his ass is worth $3 million, but it's still good to know. If anyone takes him up on the offer, I can't wait to read the reviews on this site.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. Started by Lucky,

    As some might have noticed, I have been encouraging folks to post more, and more often, to keep MER an exciting place for all of us to visit. I even took a short holiday to allow others to get a word in. There are 27 unpinned threads on the main menu page of the Hooboy Pub. (I eliminated the banned threads by Simon.) 8 of these threads are started by BiBottom Boy. Ten are started by administrators Tampa Yankee and Totally Oz. The last response in 20 of the 29 threads is by BiBottom Boy. So, how is this equal dispersion working? Well, not so well, although I congratulate One Finger for his efforts to increase his posting. When you look at the above statistic, you see th…

  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyyJFpWRhCY

    • 1 reply
    • 465 views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    I really enjoyed seeing this movie today. It was funny, action packed and had a good story and plot. I was really impressed and happy to see they made a 2nd Don movie. Long live the Don!

  15. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Anyone want to bet that these guys will be out on bail for years. They then will probably receive a fine and serve no jail time. Talk about the pedos buying their way out of jail in Thailand, these guys that commit white collar crimes do the same thing and are no better in my book. NEW YORK (Reuters) – Two money managers who oversaw investments for Carnegie Mellon University and other institutions were arrested on Wednesday on charges of running an estimated $550 million, decade-long swindle, the latest in a wave of big financial fraud cases. Paul Greenwood, 61, and Stephen Walsh, 64, managing general partners of broker-dealer WG Trading Co with main offices…

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  16. Started by Lucky,

    Popular (at least here) Warbler Telly Leung ("Glee," Pacific Overtures), Uzo Aduba (Coram Boy), Nick Blaemire (Cry-Baby) and Morgan James (The Addams Family) will join the previously announced Hunter Parrish in the upcoming Broadway revival of Godspell. Godspell will play at the Circle in the Square Theatre. Their blurb reads: Prepare ye for Godspell, the beloved classic from Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin). Enjoy all the gifts of one of the most enduring shows of all time as it returns in a brand new, intimately staged production. Join the celebration as an ensemble of Broadway’s best performs the greatest story ever told. Synopsis: The Gospel according to St. Matt…

  17. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Nobody has been commenting lately! WTF is wrong with you people! Cum out and comment and be part of our cummunity you cockaholics!

  18. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Ever fancied a state funeral with thousands mourning your passing? Now thanks to photoshop and gawker.com, it

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  19. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Anyone going to see it today? I want to but the French release date is later than the rest of the fucking world. If anyone sees it please let me know if it's any good! Thanks!

  20. Guest simon
    Started by Guest simon,

    Not to hijack another thread with the same name, but it feels to me, because I came here and both my expressions were closed; my question is, why would anyone come here to participate if that were to be the case for them too? I realize I am new here. My expressions, both of them, which I shared here have been both been shut down and closed. If participation here is welcomed based souly upon the past history of this site's participants - as it seems to be - how will anyone ever be welcomed here who might reference, by chance, or mistake - something which might edge upon the moderators nerve here into silence from a new voice from that last person? I'm sure this will do…

  21. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    So, my debit card was getting old and the strip was wearing out - to the point where it would only work about half the time and even then shopkeepers would have to swipe it a bunch of time. I called my bank on Tuesday and asked them if they could send me a new card and that it would take five to 10 days to get here. I asked them if my current card would still work until then and they assured me they wouldn't cancel my existing card until I activated my new card. Today I went to an ATM to take out the rent - and the ATM ate my card because it was cancelled! I called up Wells Fargo and explained that I don't have credit cards and my debit card is my only way of doing …

  22. Who knew? Not us, but it turns out that a contest sponsored by TripOutGayTravel.com and MTV named Rio de Janeiro the hottest gay destination in the world for a second year. The Brazilian city got 48% of the votes, beating out Madrid, Spain; Portland, Oregon; St. Tropez, France; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Stockholm, Sweden. According to the press release, "The candidate cities were chosen by a group of writers and journalists specializing in global travel." http://www.gay.net/travel-escapes/2011/12/28/rio-de-janeiro-named-hottest-gay-destination

  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have been watching the entire series over the holidays. I will add to this list as I go along. 1. While we have come a long way with gay rights and marriage, we still have a long way to go. It was interesting to see the marriage of the two main lesbian characters and I know that some states now recognize gay marriage but it is not a federal law and still our partners can’t immigrate to USA. 2. Men love dick. Can any of them be monogamous? 3. Women love sex. Can any of them be monogamous? 4. Prejudice still exists against gays and lesbians. Hate crimes are still around and we have a long way to go to educating the public. 5. The Internet is the best way to find …

  24. Started by TampaYankee,

    The 10 Best Places to Retire in 2012 By Emily Brandon | US News Wed, Dec 21, 2011 2:49 PM EST Better weather, affordable housing, and plenty of interesting things to do are just a few reasons people move to a new place when they retire. Whether you want to spend your golden years watching the sun set over the water or taking on a second career, we've identified an ideal place. Using data from Onboard Informatics, U.S. News selected 10 key attributes that many people look for in a retirement spot, along with a city that excels in meeting each need. Here are 10 excellent places to retire in 2012. Pleasant year-round weather: Flagstaff, Ariz. Flagstaff's high altitude…

  25. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    At a time when there are wars, conflicts and uprisings in various parts of our planet, yesterday’s news of yet another clash ought not to be the stuff of media headlines. And what happened with broomsticks, fists and “vicious insults” flying around is surely more the stuff of Harry Potter-ish comic books. But this is deadly serious! The annual cleaning of the Holy Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, the site where Jesus is said to have been born, is no matter to be left to janitors or volunteers, of whom surely there would be thousands. No, it is a matter for priests. Trouble is, like Vietnam and Berlin once were and North Korea still is, there is a deadly turf war g…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.