The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I find this article on the BBC’s website quite interesting. Following an analysis of opinions from members of the public – albeit only in the UK - a study has come up with the following - The best male voice is a mix between actors Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman - a splendid actor who appears in a wealth of secondary roles in movies like the Harry Potter series (Professor Severus Snape), Sweeney Todd (Judge Turpin), Perfume (Antoine Richnis). The best female voice is a mix between actors Dame Judi Dench, Honor Blackman (best known for her role on TV’s The Avengers and as Pussy Galore in one of the early Bond movies) and Mariella Forstrup, a UK TV presenter. The re…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 797 views
-
-
New book claims Nixon was gay. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078822/Did-Nixon-gay-affair-Mafia-fixer-Forget-Watergate-A-new-book-claims-Americas-corrupt-President-hid-far-personal-scandal-.html
-
- 15 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I've been asked by a guy named ChgoBoy who has been banned from another forum to share this video with you all here for this Christmas season. He is a very special person, yet often times, is destroyed by his own abrasiveness persevered by others and forum administrators.
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Brazil has overtaken the UK as the world's sixth largest economy, an economic research group has said. The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) said its latest World Economic League Table showed Asian countries moving up and European countries falling back. The CEBR also predicted that the UK economy would overtake France by 2016. It also said the eurozone economy would shrink 0.6% in 2012 "if the euro problem is solved", or 2% if it is not. CEBR chief executive Douglas McWilliams told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that Brazil overtaking the UK was part of a growing trend. "I think it's part of the big economic change, where not only are we seeing a shif…
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So I have a serious question for people..once you hit a certain age then how do you keep your hopes up in life? I mean do you think that the best of times are yet to come? Do you look at where you are at in your job and say this is what I have attained? Do you look at your intelligence and you're excited by everything you've learned? Because to me, it seems as though many of my best years were long ago...so I just wonder what you guys look forward to? gcursor p.s. plus keep in mind that I am recently unemployed as well. it will probably take me a few years to do some training and find another job hopefully again...somewhere. Maybe Santa is hiring.
-
- 12 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
In a further sign that China wants to create a more global role for its currency, it plans to sign an agreement with Japan to make their currencies directly convertible with each other. Up till now, each has had to undertake a double conversion by buying US$ first. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16330574 More countries including Thailand are doing deals with China to facilitate trade and take advantage of the anticipated rise in the Chinese currency. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-25/china-japan-to-promote-direct-trading-of-currencies-to-cut-company-costs.html The Yuan has been the best performing currency in Asia in 2011 after the ¥.
-
A dude is retweeting the most horrible Christmas tweets he can find. https://twitter.com/fart
-
- 0 replies
- 737 views
-
-
Gay porn company TLAgay.com is promoting a line of films called "What Would Sandusky Watch?" Titles include "Cold Showers" and "Punishing Me." http://deadspin.com/5870987/gay-video-company-runs-jerry-sanduskys-favorite-films-series
-
- 2 replies
- 698 views
-
-
Hey Guys; I hope this link works! Those of you who I know personally (and had email addresses for have already received this)... IF the link doesn't work, HAPPY HOLIDAYS & thank you for a GREAT year! See you soon... http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...a453d0d0a&sb=1 All The Best; Ace 702-513-0923 www.rentmen.com/ace www.rentboy.com/RockStarFantasy http://www.masseurfinder.com/members/acerkstar.shtml http://www.daddysreviews.com/review/ace_vegas http://www.maleescortreview.com/inde...t_id=106100760 http://www.rentboyreviews.com/escort...escortID=10043 http://www.cybersocket.com/gay-porn-magazine/issue-1111/rent-boys
-
From Los Angeles, I'm sending you the very best wishes for a Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday, a Joyous Hanukkah, an exuberant Kwanzaa, and the best damn Festivus ever…
-
- 16 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Australian actress Rachel Griffiths, best known in the U.S. for her work on HBO's Six Feet Under and ABC's Brothers and Sisters, has made an acclaimed Broadway debut in the new play Other Desert Cities. Griffiths, who is well-known in Australia for her stage work, tells NPR's Scott Simon she would have been happy if all she had ever done was act onstage. "Theater was where I began and what I really thought my career would be in Australia," she says. "That was my thing. ... The movies were an unexpected joy, and television even more unexpected." In 1994, the Melbourne native was cast in the quirky independent Australian film Muriel's Wedding. The film's success led to m…
-
- 2 replies
- 992 views
- 1 follower
-
-
After his home was invaded by police (resulting in his prosecution for sodomy), Mr. Lawrence brought and won the landmark case Lawrence v. Texas. In the end the Supreme Court declared that it was unconstitutional to single out gays and label their behavior criminal. All the equal protection cases you read about involving equal protection for gays track right back to this one case. Rather like the drag queens and hustlers of Stonewall, Lawrence wasn't political; he was motivated by a consuming sense of the injustice of his treatment by the police. We post memorials here to singers, Hollywood types and all manner of assorted celebrities. Let's take a moment to remember on…
-
In which a middle aged straight man on Jezebel writes that anal sex is "the most selfless sexual act" for the person on the receiving end and that the guys on the giving end just want to fuck ass in order to hurt their partner. http://jezebel.com/5870164/the-popularity-and-perfectionism-behind-butt-sex?popular=true
-
- 4 replies
- 818 views
-
-
I’m not going to attempt to paraphrase this. It’s part of a long article on the BBC’s website. As if the US Congress does not have more than enough on its indigestible plate - Then this - And there’s more – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16273917 Now I’d never heard of the First Baptist Church of Malakoff, and so I looked up its website. Curiously, it has a section titled, “GIRLFRIENDS FOREVER.” It goes on – Gulp! Clearly their "generous God" has no place for boyfriends' "whimsical fun and significant times."
-
At some stage during the Christmas holiday season extending into and beyond New Year, it's often great to grab one of your favourite films on DVD or to catch up on one you've not seen before and been meaning to watch for ages but never found the time. I'll kick off with Red Cliff 1 and Red Cliff 2. I saw this film in the cinema a few years ago and it was a condensed version dubbed into Thai and without English sub-titles - although I managed to follow the plot reasonably well I determined to try and get hold of the DVD at some future point. I picked them up in the video store in Tuk.com in Pattaya during a recent visit and watched them over the space of two evenings e…
-
- 0 replies
- 972 views
-
-
A friend of mine sent this to me today and I wanted to share. I enjoyed it a great deal as I often forget that I grew up in Alabama in the 70's. I am so happy to have moved away when I was young as I was able to get out and meet people that helped me become the best person I could be in a world that accepted me for me.
-
- 2 replies
- 704 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 809 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Seriously. http://jezebel.com/5870067/newt-gingrich-urges-gays-not-to-vote-for-him
-
- 8 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Now they just have to start human testing. This could be the end of HIV. http://gawker.com/5869969/will-canadians-wipe-out-hiv?popular=true
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
This is the home of the Android OS
-
We know that the Chinese love to put lead in children's toys, so why should we trust them with our little doggies? It's virtually impossible to find dog food these days that is not made in China...well, at least dog treats. When I see my kids getting so excited as I whip out the moo-shoo-bark treats, I worry if I might not be slowly killing them. Then the Chinese would probably import their dead carcasses back to Beijing to serve as some delicacy at a State Dinner invoking Mao. How did we let China obtain control of our dog food, and thus, our dogs? Especially once you know this: China Pet Policies
-
- 6 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Did anyone catch HBO's Luck? I really enjoyed it and it has as fucking fantastic cast. http://www.hbo.com/luck/index.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M67XCzfr7o
-
- 1 reply
- 636 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I thought I had posted on this, so please stop reading if I have. I have opted out of credit card mailings, which is right now to my regret. The bf gets them all of the time. He got one from Chase Sapphire offering 35,000 frequent flier miles. Then, a week later, they upped it to 50,000 miles, so we took that offer. No foreign exchange charges either, and they waive the annual fee the first year. I could get that card online, but would have to spend $3000 in first 3 months to get the 50,000 miles. He got them after his/my first purchase. What's even better is that they are not exactly 50,000 miles. He can use them for those, yes, but he can also use them to take $500 of…
-
- 1 reply
- 767 views
-
-
There are several posts in the Latin America forum about recent trips to Columbia. Take a look. I know some don't go outside this forum, but if you don't read the other forums, you are missing some great information about gay escorts, male hookers, sauna boys, gogo boys, dancing queens, porn stars, etc. Take a walk on the wild side and check out other areas of the forums.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-