The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Not only did he refuse to investigate sex crimes if the victims were illegal immigrants, he'd actually arrest them if they claimed they were raped. http://gawker.com/5864937/americas-worst-sheriff-officially-joe-arpaios-job-title-in-light-of-botched-sex-cases
-
- 2 replies
- 867 views
-
-
Glad he is not a pilot anymore, or hope he doesn't fly. FAA head Randy Babbitt is on a voluntary leave after his arrest over the weekend at 10:30 in the evening, driving on the wrong side of the road, under the influence. Here's the story: The Story
-
- 2 replies
- 800 views
-
-
Sorry, very rudimentary as I am new at this but I gave it a shot! I just learned how to do this yesterday so your post in another thread gave me the idea of trying it. I know not professionally done, but I hope it shows what is needed. Thank you for participating in the board and if there is ever any way, we can make it easier, more fun or just plain sexier, let us know!
-
- 5 replies
- 852 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is it not enough that Google has stolen my data with their drive by wireless trick or that they have a street view of my home and can show my entire street or that they track everywhere you go online or that they are the keeper of the Android OS and so on ... now every time I sign in to one of my Google accounts it first prompts me for my phone number ... fuck u Google you are NOT getting my phone number you probably already have my cock size don't you. I mean really Google is totally out of line here and someone needs to bring this runaway train under control.
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
There are many benefits and advantages of retiring overseas. Launching a new life in a new country at this stage of your life can mean better weather, new adventures and opportunities, and new friends. You can realize the beach life you've dreamed of for decades and sometimes even realize some significant tax savings by relocating overseas. However, the primary advantage of retiring to another country can be a reduced cost of living. In some places overseas the cost of everything, including rent, groceries, a retirement home, medical care, health insurance, and dinners out, can cost a fraction what they cost in the United States. If living within a budget is a priority …
-
- 13 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In theory there is a legitimate role to be played by an individual or company who seeks to collect unpaid debts. After all, you promised to pay, so if you don't, someone has to act on it. So why is it that bill collectors have such a bad reputation? Well, because they have no ethics. It seems they will go any length to collect a debt, bear any burden in harassing an individual they are after. I have a pretty good credit record, but the one mar on it comes from a bill a collector says I owe Sprint, a company I used many years ago. My final payment to them did not get properly credited, so after some fight, I did get it straightened out. Or so I thought. They went ahead a…
-
- 20 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It took me a few seconds to figure out what was going on. My eyes kept wandering over different parts of the structure.
-
- 3 replies
- 896 views
-
-
-
It's apparent that no one is home today at MER, but, in case my debt collector thread is scaring people away, here's a holiday video endorsed both by Gawker and gay blogger Andy Towle. Two girls* dance to a Mariah Carey holiday song, and boy, the choreography is great! *OK, one of them is male.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here is the link for the new official 14 minute music video for Lady Gaga's "Marry The Night". Enjoy. http://www.twitvid.com/NYIVU
-
I am a bit of a news freak. I tend to check out BBC/CNN etc. Last weeks doom and gloom G20 summit surrounding the Eurozone crisis along with major upcoming problems with the so called PIIGS(Portugal,Italy,Ireland,Greece and Spain) leaves me slightly depressed. You guys here seem to pretty smart when discussing financial issue. Where do you see all this ending? To me speculators must be earning piles of cash with markets so volatile. Much of it down to the wild MEDIA HYPE.
-
Two videos are available at the link to show Mario Lopez telling us, and showing us, his new underwear line. We get to see his hot, chiseled body, and some very quick glances at his basket. But I had never noticed before his sexy and tiny brown nipples. Don't worry, the videos are in color! Lovely Mario Some may prefer this line of Mario lingerie:
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Not too many Asians make the cover of gay magazines, so congrats to Timmy Thok, who is on the current cover of Next Magazine, a New York gay rag.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
On a show to be aired tomorrow night on CNN, Larry King reveals his wish to be frozen after death. http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/02/showbiz/larry-king-i-want-to-be-frozen/index.html?hpt=hp_c2 Odd! I thought he'd been frozen some time ago
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Check out this clip. http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/403350/november-30-2011/conservative-siri
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Gawker is having a contest to come up with a new word for "fag hag" since it's demeaning to both gay men and their female friends. Anyone have any good ideas? Of the ones put up so far I like "a Bachmann" the best. "I'm going out tonight with my best Bachmann!"
-
Everyone Who Has Used Ticketmaster In The Last 12 Years Is Getting A Refund By Kevin Lincoln | Business Insider – Thu, Dec 1, 2011 2:09 PM EST If you used Ticketmaster's website to buy tickets between October 21, 1999 and October 19, 2011, you're in for a windfall. Well, a $1.50 per ticket order windfall. Because of a proposed class action settlement, Ticketmaster is being forced to credit $1.50 per ticket order (up to 17 orders) to customers due to the fact that they profited off of "processing fees" without declaring as much. And despite the reparations, Ticketmaster can continue to profit off transactions — they just have to say they're doing so on their website. …
-
- 2 replies
- 845 views
-
-
Back in 1999, my friend Peter Hanig brought the idea of Cows on Parade back from Zurich Switzerland to Chicago. From what I've read, the herd is rumbling through Rio de Janeiro for the second time. Beware, they will not be stopped! The first is on the corner of Visconde de Piraja and Maria Quitania in Ipanema. While the second can be viewed inside the Ipan Metro exit on Texeira de Melo. This is directly below the newly-constructed elevator to the Complexo Rubem Braga. Hurry, they are only going to be stampeding through the middle of January.
-
There's now a place you can go to learn how to fuck. http://gawker.com/5864108/brand+new-international-sex-college-has-several-troubling-aspects
-
- 2 replies
- 685 views
-
-
If you're a Trekkie, like me, you'll understand this. I found it a fun read. 7 Life Lessons
-
There was talk on another thread about posters missing Ian McKellan's King Lear in Singapore last year. I just read that Kevin Spacey will be performing there in another Shakespeare work - Richard III directed by Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Road to Perdition, Revolutionary Road etc.) for London's Old Vic Company - from 17–26 November 2011 at the Esplanade Theatre. It will be on a tour between seasons in London and New York. Priority tickets are now on sale. Not sure when general tickets become available. It will also play just 4 performances in Hong Kong from September 16-18. http://theandygram.com/Broadway-Press-Release-Retweet/2010-11-Theatre-Press-Releases/Bri…
-
Just noticed that we hit 54 users on line at once which the Home Page says is a new record. If my watch is right, it happened just a few minutes ago. So good job, TY and OZ! And Lucky! And all who make this such a pleasant place to be! You know who you are. And actually, it's pretty much everyone who posts here. And thanks to all who enjoy just hanging around. An occasional post would be nice, just to say "Hi" and let us know you're not Fred Phelps keeping an eye on us. Ah, what the hell, post away Fred, if you are here. Just try to have fun and stay on topic.
-
- 24 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
One bottle of wine I bought for Thanksgiving is corked. I threw away the receipt for it so there is no way for me to get it refunded. Can it be used for cooking? Does anybody know? Bought one as a present and glad that I didn't give it to my friend because I was bringing a lot of food over and didn't want my friend to feel like I was dominating dinner he was hosting. Anyways, any suggestions?
-
- 15 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
There's a "send this to ten others . . . " email doing the rounds. It's rather saccharine, but also I think frequently true. "As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. "I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with ageing. "Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .. I will. "I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging bo…
-
- 15 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
I'm sitting here laughing so hard I've got tears streaming down my cheeks. Puck's speech to Quinn is priceless. I had to go to urban sayings to know what he was even saying. So funny. I've watched the speech three times in a row. Funny. "You’re higher maintenance than Berry and pretty much the most selfish person I’ve ever met in my life, so thanks for the offer, but I’d rather raw-dog a bee hive." Funny Critique - For example, I have a particularly violent response to all things Sue, Will and Shelby and I usually really like Santana, Blaine and…there must be someone…um…well, Kurt’s clothes are usually fantastic (I’m pretending that tonight’s leather studded neckerchief…
-
- 4 replies
- 971 views
-