Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I am guessing some here grew up in the Beatles generation ... so I thought it might be fun to look back a little by sharing some trivia. I'll start with two little tidbits: Paul's first name is actually James ... Paul is his middle name. You won't hear but a handful of drum rolls on Beatles songs this is because Ringo could not play a drum roll. OK one more ... The piano chord that ends Strawberry fields is the longest sustaining chord in recorded music history to this date. --- So either you are all yawning or some will join in

  2. Started by Lucky,

    Signing up just today is AdorkableJ. I know nothing about him, except that it is an interesting name. Is he adorable? Is he an adorable dork? Both? I hope he tells us!

  3. Started by Gotti,

    Andrea True the singer of Disco era biggest song-"More, More, More" has passed away in New York. She was 68 and no cause was given.

    • 1 reply
    • 691 views
  4. Should this have happened? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/25/us-airways-questions-stud_n_1113471.html?ref=travel

  5. Started by TotallyOz,

  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    As if we didn’t know it, it’s silly season again in the US when candidates frequently stretch the truth well beyond its limits to grab voters’ attention. (Agreed, they do it in other countries, too – but not, I think, to quite the same extent.) Take these two comments from Mitt Romney and Rick Perry. Both have TV commercials based on direct sound bites from President Obama. In Perry’s one, he has Obama saying, “We’ve been a bit lazy I think over the last couple of decades.” Perry counters, “Can you believe that? That’s what our President thinks of America - that Americans are lazy. That’s pathetic.” And Romney? He has Obama saying, “If we keep talking about the ec…

    • 0 replies
    • 946 views
  7. Started by ihpguy,

    My two were feasting on bread soaked in chicken curry. Not quite the All-American banquet most of our four-footed friends will enjoy, but they did go for an evening swim to burn off the calories.

    • 1 reply
    • 672 views
  8. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    You lucky guy! You get to celebrate your birthday on Thanksgiving Day. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and many many happy years to come.

  9. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    The new American-Colombian Trade Agreement will eliminate import and export taxes on sex toys sent to Columbia. So, cheap plastic dicks for Colombians! Now, if only Columbia had an expensive and popular export product that the American government could help make cheaper..

  10. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Hope everyone has a great turkey day!

  11. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Tour postponed, he has really bad pneumonia. He had to cancel dates earlier in the tour due to a virus. Sure hope the dude has been careful. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15862776

  12. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Juat a little pre-holiday curiosity... When you think of Thanksgiving meal, what is the entree usually?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    The mayor of a town in Peru is convinced that their tap water will make straight guys want to suck cock. Can we bottle it and sneak it into the coffee the GOP congressmen drink? http://gawker.com/5862134/peruvian-tap-water-makes-you-gay-warns-mayor

  14. Started by ihpguy,

    Tonight, we’ll get to see if Ryan Murphy can keep it up. The momentum, that is. Can he and his team successfully follow up the extraordinary quality on display in last week’s stellar episode? It was as if the sleepy storyteller roused himself and, begging our pardon, jump-started a formerly meandering, exasperating, repetitious series and decided that an Emmy or two (and fans’ everlasting love and respect) might just make his day. Surely, the artistry and poetry on display in Glee, "The First Time" owed much to the lovely melodies and lyrics generously excerpted from West Side Story. Just as certainly, the charming and thoughtful script, knowing and able performances,…

  15. Started by Lucky,

    Is this the right movie combo for you? Watch the trailer:

    • 3 replies
    • 733 views
  16. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I hope he is doing well. I haven't seen his posts for a while. We are cheering for you.

  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Best dressed: Jennifer Hudson

    • 3 replies
    • 627 views
  18. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E_n5GCZ3Nwo

  19. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Have you been watching? Did you see this past week's results show? What did you think of the Astro meltdown? Should he be allowed to continue in the competition? Who should go home next? Who do you think will win? My two cents worth.. Astro has the talent to be a hiphop star, but he showed that he is not ready emotionally, or mature enough for the spotlight and all the pressure that comes with it. I agree that based upon talent, it was Stacy's time to go.. I think next to go should be the last group, Lakoda Rayne.. As far as winners, not really sure yet.. There are some really great performers..I think Melanie Amaro and Drew both have what it takes. Josh Kratchit …

  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    2011 American Music Awards Winners List Artist of the Year - Taylor Swift Sprint New Artist of the Year - Hot Chelle Rae Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist - Bruno Mars Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist - Adele Favorite Pop/Rock Band/Duo/Group - Maroon 5 Favorite Pop/Rock Album - Adele, 21 Favorite Country Female Artist - Taylor Swift Favorite Country Band/Duo/Group - Lady Antebellum Favorite Country Album - Taylor Swift, Speak Now Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist - Nicki Minaj Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album - Nicki Minaj, Pink Friday Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist - Beyonce Favorite Soul/R&B Album - Rihanna, Loud Favorite Alternative Artist - Foo Fighters Favorit…

  21. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I've been feeling a little down and quite a bit nostalgic recently. I've always loved this song, have we become that old man? "Old Man" Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were. Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were. Old man look at my life, Twenty four and there's so much more Live alone in a paradise That makes me think of two. Love lost, such a cost, Give me things that don't get lost. Like a coin that won't get tossed Rolling home to you. Old man take a look at my life I'm a lot like you I need someone to love me the whole day through Ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell that's true. Lullabies, look in your eyes, Run aroun…

    • 2 replies
    • 780 views
  22. Started by Lucky,

    Gay men are stereotyped to be theater lovers, particularly musicals. We are supposed to be fans of Judy Garland, Liza Minelli, and any other diva who sings. Song lyrics tumble in our heads all the time, usually in the shower. I am a gay man, but I know no song lyrics. I have no time for divas. But I love the theater. In New York recently I saw 8 shows in 6 days, not unusual for my trips. Last night we saw what was one of the best productions yet at our local amateur playhouse, The Palm Canyon Theater. They did justice to a performance of The Fantasticks. I liked it better than the show I saw in New York several years ago. A strikingly handsome young man played Matt, a d…

  23. Started by TampaYankee,

    Worst car flops of 2011 The Lincoln MKT joins eight other vehicles that have performed below expectations this year. Along with the Acura ZDX, Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, and Chevrolet Aveo, these are the worst automotive flops of 2011. By Hannah Elliott | Forbes – 22 hours ago The redesigned 2012 Honda Civic suffered from numb driving dynamics and a downgraded interior. John McElroy, the loquacious host of the Autoline Detroit TV and radio shows, is optimistic about the auto industry. More than one million new cars sell each month in the United States, he points out. Ford and GM have become more profitable than many analysts had expected; record sales number…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Now this is the actual new Madonna. And I'm not feeling it at all. I'm very disappointed. I like the demo I posted last week of "Love On Fire" so much better. http://www.wat.tv/audio/madonna-give-me-all-your-love-4f61n_2zicp_.html

    • 2 replies
    • 666 views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    In case you might be interested in seeing the final six contestants on the X Factor UK

    • 1 reply
    • 648 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.