Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    I have come up with a list of 6 movies that I want to see in November/December and these are those. What about anybody else? HUGO http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2781978137/ THE MUPPETS http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3889995289/ THE ARTIST http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2003082265/ TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3394673689/ SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1860541977/ THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2415828505/

  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Watch Lady Gaga perform her new single "Marry The Night" on X Factor UK Sunday night in London. Pretty amazing performance actually. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeT8kvmlG7I

    • 0 replies
    • 586 views
  3. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    It is currently 59 at my hometown of Phoenix with rain predicted.. Do you ever dream of vacationing at some of the exotic locales people post about here, but wonder what the weather is like there? Thanks to my Iphone app, I can instantly know the weather at those "favorite places".. Montreal is 50 and cloudy Rio de Janeiro is 75 and cloudy Prague is 41 and sunny Bangkok is 82 and overcast Barcelona is 64 and also overcast

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. More than 3,000 police and soldiers backed by armored personnel carriers raced into Brazil's biggest slum before dawn Sunday, quickly gaining control of a shantytown ruled for decades by a heavily armed drug gang. It was the most ambitious operation yet in an effort to increase security before Rio hosts the final matches of the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics. Officials are counting on those events to signal Brazil's arrival as a global economic, political and cultural power. "We're taking back this territory for the 100,000 citizens of Rocinha, people who have needed peace," said Sergio Cabral, governor of Rio de Janeiro state. The action in Rocinha is part of a …

  5. Started by Lucky,

    I'd vote for him. This guy has moves! (Damn. I should have saved this for the Lucky Reader. Nah, it couldn't wait.)

    • 5 replies
    • 934 views
  6. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I read first couple of chapters of the book and It tells a lot about her such as how she approaches and solves problems.The relationships she had with other key members of the Bush administration are elaborated in the book. They are very interesting. It's interesting that the review of the book by the Washington post seems to be on the mark about one thing. She fails to state what drew her to Bush. If someone looks at it in a wrong way then there are many things that could be said about it. I can give the benefit of the doubt on that one. Still her analysis of Collin Powell was unfair and I wonder that could be one of the factors that led her to the war in Iraq: She d…

    • 4 replies
    • 836 views
  7. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    It looks like my 1000th post could very well arrive on the same day as my birthday (Tuesday the 15th). I prefer a white or marble cake over chocolate.. Or it could be a nice dense red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting... And don't forget, lots of cute boys..

    • 1 reply
    • 489 views
  8. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    The book is mainly consisted of magazine articles so if you don't want to buy the book then you can read most of it online. His take on Credit Default Swaps was interesting and I am not sure whether he delivers a complete picture of what happened in 2008. The book's main point is that the crisis is not over and the sovereign debt will likely bring many countries down. Even the US. It could happen but I think if there is another crisis then it will come in a different form. The funny thing in the book is his hero making of hedge fund managers who made a lot money of during the crisis. They are speculators and they used a form of insurance to gamble without owning any o…

  9. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I found this one on youtube and they look so happy. I think the clip is posted by the photographer. I love the song too.

    • 0 replies
    • 482 views
  10. Without any fanfare or major announcement, I have been watching the Apple Online Store to start selling the Unlocked IPhone 4s with Siri around the 15. I wanted the unlocked so I can use in Thailand and Brazil and Europe when I travel and I did not want to get a contract for one of the carriers. Today, it is possible. The 4s is for sale on apple.com

  11. Started by Lucky,

    Over at Daddy's, we know they have larger participation than we do here. Our own gcursor started a thread there called "You're fat and you're ugly and..." which received a whopping 3787 views. So what about here? What are the popular threads? The easiest way to find out is to go to the last 8 pages in the Pub and see just what got the most views. The Pub, without doubt, is the site's most popular forum page. So, here goes, not counting pinned topics: Top Threads on each page: Dental Deceit -433 views WeHo GoGo Boy -386 views Steve Jobs -358 views Amanda Knox NG -353 views Risking Everything -315 views and counting In Last 60 Minutes -296 views Yesterday, All …

    • 5 replies
    • 911 views
  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I love this video. I can't figure out why though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGaHNhsIBKk

    • 3 replies
    • 691 views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUA2rDVrmNg

  14. Started by Lucky,

    Well, it occurs to me that I post a lot. One reason is that each morning I read a slew of newspapers, all set up on my toolbar. Then, when something interests me, I want to pass it on to you. But, a lot of things interest me, so there ends up a lot of posts. Take this picture, for example: I saw it in the NY Times today, but it doesn't deserve its own thread. So, I was thinking that maybe I could do one thread a day that has my newspaper interests in it. What do you think? Here's another pic to help you mull it over: Both pics from the Times.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Poor Boeing! Just after Airbus announced that it had gained more aircraft sales than Boeing in 2010, the Dreamliner is delayed yet again! Now 3 years overdue, delivery has been delayed from the first quarter of 2011 to the third quarter. Said General Manager of the 787 programme, Scott Fancher:

    • 13 replies
    • 2.8k views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Funny

    • 5 replies
    • 911 views
  17. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    impressive

    • 1 reply
    • 566 views
  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is from next week's episode. For their 300th song, the Glee cast does a mashup of two of Adele's songs. "Someone Like You" and "Rumour Has It". I love it !! Enjoy !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb7zjKkLCoQ

    • 0 replies
    • 446 views
  19. Started by Lucky,

    Jonathan Groff, openly gay star of Broadway's Spring Awakening and many off-Broadway shows, revealed today that he does, in fact, have a penis. To prove it, he is displaying it all over the internet:

    • 8 replies
    • 2.9k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    Everyone needs a break every once in a while.

  21. Started by Lucky,

    Did you see this on the news? Scientists say they have been able to communicate with comatose patients who heretofore were though to be unable to communicate because they were totally unaware. These brain dead patients, as they have been called, showed signs of brain activity when the doctors asked them to clench a fist or wiggle their toes. Not too much in the way of communication. After all, who would settle for that? But scientists of course are not done: “Can you imagine spending years without being able to interact with anyone around you?” Cruse said. “We can ask them what it’s like to be in this condition. Do they know where they are? Do they know who is around t…

    • 0 replies
    • 625 views
  22. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Hillary Clinton has held out the prospect of “an AIDS free generation”, according to The Guardian this morning. Even though the HIV virus may be around for some time, science has shown that AIS can be defeated, she added. And Ellen de Generis has been appointed as a special envoy to raise awareness of the disease. Whilst the additional funds will be welcomed, the controversial emphasis on male circumcision will no doubt spark a lot more heated debate. However, it is the next part of the article which I find the most contentious. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/08/aids-free-generation-possible-clinton That statement is just plain wrong! Yes, since…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  23. Started by Lucky,

    The New York Times today reports that a 26 year old Florida man has been sentenced to life imprisonment for having pornographic images of children on his computer. This is a longer sentence than if he had actually molested a child, or even children. Yet two Pennsylvania judges who were convicted in a kickback scam of actually sentencing juveniles to a privately run prison in return for bribes received sentences of only 28 and 17.5 years in prison. In many cases the juveniles would have received no sentence at all, but for the judges' need for money. They directly hurt children's lives, as well as breached their public trust. Prison sentencing disparities have increased …

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  24. Started by Lucky,

    Occasionally on a Saturday night, the bf and I will go up to Thousand Palms to the local branch of In and Out Burger. It's always crowded, being right off the freeway, and it being a Saturday night. Living in Palm Springs we tend to be surrounded by an older crowd, but the burger joint reminds us that youth surrounds us. And soldiers, specifically Marines from the Twenty Nine Palms base up the road a ways. This particular Saturday we saw a guy who looked like a male model right from Copenhagen, and he had 3 young sons with him all decked out in designer hoodies. Even though it was nighttime, daddy had sunglasses tossed back on his head. Well, daddy was gorgeous enough…

  25. Started by ihpguy,

    Kind of strange to be south of the equator and start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas with decorations, stuffing, sweet potatoes and the gobble, gobble, gobble bird. But I've been listening pretty much non-stop to the Glee Christmas Vol. 2. Puts me in the spirit. 12 standards done Glee style.Starting with All I Want For Christmas and ending with Do They Know It's Christmas, with Little Drummer Boy, Santa Baby and Let It Snow thrown into the mix. Let It Snow? Not a chance. But, I've got an enormous eucalyptus tree growing in the middle of the street in front of my house, so it is time to get crafty, get out the chicken wire and ribbon and be a little bit of a M…

    • 0 replies
    • 612 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.