I  have noticed a number of new members who recently (past year)  have joined this forum.

Out of curiosity was wondering if they would share their reasons for this particular forum. Maybe they were lurkers and now want to be participants? Or did they stumble across it? Or realize that  it is the the best forum on gay life in Thailand?

I was reading the forum for some time before I joined but, as I hadn't been to Thailand at that time, I really had nothing to contribute. I joined about the time of my first trip so that I could create a thread with updates about my trip. I have since joined a couple of other forums but rarely contribute there. I like one for the regular news from Thailand, the other I read occasionally but don't find as much interesting as here.

Although I had registered here a while ago, I only recently found the way into the bowels of the beast and run into useful information.  I find it a well run, up to date site that addresses my areas of interest in Thailand (I only care to visit the temples and museums and royal places once, and I don't like to shop)

I find this site to be very similar to the one in Singapore, blowingwind.org

It`s not only a rumor that germans do nothing without a plan :-)  - that´s why i tried to get so many informations as possible before i started my first trip to LOS in february this year. And i found in this forum so unbelievable many advices and informations - that i felt really good prepared. Of course I booked again my next trip in the end of octobre this year - and in the meantime I´m happy to read here about the gay scene in Thailand  - it´s like a little "vacation" before my real vacation

When I`m honest, most of the time I´m a lurker here - i would partipate more, but with my limited english it´s not that easy

I'm going to Bangkok next summer for a month to volunteer, but even though I'll be working during the week, I'll need some "relaxation" time nights and weekends... and am here finding out about hiring boys for massages, what hotel to stay for a couple of days at before I officially start, and what shows I'll want to visit... 

The board has been invaluable so far - got a room at the Tarntawan after reading up on here, and am trying to decide on weekend trips... I've never been to Thailand... and am even thinking of hiring a gay guide after reading about someone's experience with a couple of guys on here... (My apologies - can't remember the member's name...)

I love planning trips... and if it includes massages and fun, I'll be reading daily for the next 9 months!

I like to read reports, comments, ideas, opinions, both good and bad and everything in between.

The boys and their customers are only humans, with diverse needs & wants. Some days one party is happy & satisfied whereas the other is not.

What is important is your own contentment & a fulfilling holiday.

Don't think too much. Enjoy this short life.:-)

Guest spooky60

I'm from the United States and booked for June 2016. Will be splitting my time ..Bangkok and Pattaya,one thing is I'm a little older.. 61..in great shape.. but I'm still F-ing 61 years old! It is my coming out of the closet tour as I have been married for 25 years but now finally divorced.. don't have a whole lot of cash but I'm not a cheap Charlie. Are there enough places around soi4 for someone who has a large libido( by that I mean 2 encounters every 24 hours) to have fun? Have not been with a man or boy in 23 years ..the anticipation is killing me!! Anyway,any ideas to help me with my journey would be greatly appreciated. ..David

Going to Bangkok, Pattaya in Thailand then Singapore and Hong Kong in November so wanted to know "what to's", "what not to's" and where to go and to visit. Quite instructive! Still not sure if I should chose hotel to be close to the action (mainly Tarntawan in Bangkok and Ambiance in Pattaya) or go all out (Marriott Courtyard or even Lebua (good rates as I booked with Expedia) or Rabbit Resort...

. Are there enough places around soi4 for someone who has a large libido( by that I mean 2 encounters every 24 hours) to have fun? Have not been with a man or boy in 23 years ..the anticipation is killing me!! Anyway,any ideas to help me with my journey would be greatly appreciated. ..David

Easy answer, Yes!

I'm from the United States and booked for June 2016. Will be splitting my time ..Bangkok and Pattaya,one thing is I'm a little older.. 61..in great shape.. but I'm still F-ing 61 years old! It is my coming out of the closet tour as I have been married for 25 years but now finally divorced.. don't have a whole lot of cash but I'm not a cheap Charlie. Are there enough places around soi4 for someone who has a large libido( by that I mean 2 encounters every 24 hours) to have fun? Have not been with a man or boy in 23 years ..the anticipation is killing me!! Anyway,any ideas to help me with my journey would be greatly appreciated. ..David

I'm a little bit older than you and I have no problems finding suitable sexy guys in Pattaya.

Unlike you I am not in "good shape" unless you count round as a good shape?

I would also say that in Pattaya should your "libido" be up to it you will not have any problems finding a different conquest every hour of your stay.

Good luck and enjoy.

Still not sure if I should chose hotel to be close to the action (mainly Tarntawan in Bangkok and Ambiance in Pattaya) or go all out (Marriott Courtyard or even Lebua (good rates as I booked with Expedia) or Rabbit Resort...

Everyone has their own opinion on what makes a good hotel. What suits one person may be hated by another. Tarntawan is not cheap but is well located and close to the action and to transport. There is no problem bringing guests though ID's will be checked and you will be rung when the guy leaves to make sure you are happy. Tarntawan is also quiet as it is set back quite a bit from the road. Not stayed at any you mention in Pattaya. I stayed at Baan Suoy last time and will again this time. I don't feel the need to be on top of the action so Baan Suoy is well located for me half way between the action in Boyztown and Jomtien.

Hi all

Beeing a longtime 'lurker', as it was called, I desided to have my board coming out. Registerd since 2006, I took many great advises from this site. I usually travel to Thailand about two or three times a year for holiday, next time coming on Oct 6th and staying for 2 months. Name is Marc, 40ys old from Switzerland.

Thats my two cents.

. Registerd since 2006, I took many great advises from this site. I usually travel to Thailand about two or three times a year for holiday, next time coming on Oct 6th and staying for 2 months. 

Don't forget to report your impression from time to time. Always interesting to learn how  others are seeing places we are familiar with and notice things we bypassed many times unnoticed. 

Question from a new member; what does LOS stands for???

Land of Smiles, its how we call Thailand, welcome to the forum both of you

Thats a good question..also what does ST mean? Street Trade?

short time, 1-3 hr deed, after that boy goes back to his bar, you go to sleep or another bar to arrange for next ST

LT = long time=overnight

ChristianPFC = Christian Private First Class, famous blogger and contributor to all gay forums

BTS = overhead rail

MRT = subway / underground, tube, metro/ 

BRT = express bus from Chong Nonsi BTS station