Travellerdave

Visit to Dongtan Beach

Hi guys. I got to Dongtan at about 11 am and it was already busy. The temperature today has returned to normal after a few days of unusually cool conditions. In fact most of the Thais have been wearing jackets sweaters etc. There has been a cool wind from China taking the temperatures down to about 20c day and 15c night.

I selected a lounger type chair in the third concession from the toilet block. The charge for these is I think 100 baht, but of course you get a nice towel included. I was on my own. I did think about inviting my boyfriend du jour, from last night, but he wasn't much of a companion so I rejected that idea.

The wifi at that concession was rather slow but it did allow me to check emails.

As usual most customers were middle aged farangs and a few had their young Thai boyfriends seated with them. I didn't see any unaccompanied Thai boys which is the usual situation these days. There were a number of older females seated in the front rows, which is to be deplored on our gay beach. They were probably Russians although they are much less in evidence this year. Icream Ka was in full voice and even did a little cabaret turn for our benefit in his rather fetching white briefs. Not so many beach vendors or massage men this year.

I enjoyed my visit and did a little sun bathing in my speedos, although I am carefull not to burn, as the strong sunlight can penetrate even the concession canopy. I was in the water for a while swimming out and back to the swimming area barrier which is further than it looks.

I had had enough at 4pm so returned to my motor bike for return to Pattaya. I did think about stopping at the Bamboo Bar or in the Complex but they are usually very quiet until the mass exodus from the beach at about 4.30 to 5.00

A few boys like these would have made my day

post-11346-0-95733800-1454062520_thumb.jpeg

post-11346-0-62292300-1454062600_thumb.jpeg

Thanks Travellerdave - was timely for me to read this.  Never been to any of the beach places on my 6 trips to Thailand - but was thinking next time I might venture for a few days to Pattaya - trying to decide whether to stay in Jomtien or Pattaya - will have a friend with me and only make an occasional visit to the gogo bars - cheers

Yes I agree with Firecat. Jomtien is to be preferred if bars and gogo's are not a priority. Getting to the beach at Jomtien can be slow, through the congested roads, by baht bus particularly if like me you stay in Sunee. I have hired a motor bike which makes for a quicker trip, but that option is only for minority.

There were a number of older females seated in the front rows, which is to be deplored on our gay beach. They were probably Russians although they are much less in evidence this year. Icream Ka was in full voice and even did a little cabaret turn for our benefit in his rather fetching white briefs. Not so many beach vendors or massage men this year.

I enjoyed my visit and did a little sun bathing in my speedos, although I am carefull not to burn, as the strong sunlight can penetrate even the concession canopy. I was in the water for a while swimming out and back to the swimming area barrier which is further than it looks.

I had had enough at 4pm so returned to my motor bike for return to Pattaya. I did think about stopping at the Bamboo Bar or in the Complex but they are usually very quiet until the mass exodus from the beach at about 4.30 to 5.00

Thanks for the update on DongTan Beach 'Travellerdave'. Will be in Jomtien soon for a short stay before heading to other areas, and although my Beach visit is almost opposite from your own! we probably get the same amount of enjoyment out of our visits. I'm never in speedos, more rolled up levis or chinos with loose shirt and never swim, never there before 3pm, as it's the cooler later breeze I prefer. But I do enjoy the relaxing atmosphere at the gay concessions, and after a bit of a walk around the area I enjoy a lounge in the deck chairs with a cool beer and coffee. Yes, I also prefer the gay beach area to be populated by gay men and boys....manly, flexible, femme......all very welcome types to have around if they're gay. On way back after 5.30pm, used to enjoy a bite at Bondi, sadly closed, but often pop into some of the less busy/popular bars at the start of the Complex.  

Staying at East Suites again in Jomtien.......in the middle of things and great rooms. Can't be bothered with the malarkey of stuck-in-traffic Song Taews to and from South Pattaya, and gave up on motocys in Pattaya after a couple of close shaves and finally an accident on the back of a motocy taxi when we were hit by a drunk katoey. Decided I had used up my full quota of motorcy serious injury free cards from the pack.

Too bad Willie can't read. He is the only Moron who supported bigoted post by Alexx!

Everyone is entitled to 'like' any post they wish without the need to be disparaged by others just because they don't agree with their choice of what to like. 

Too bad you can't follow your own advice about disparaging others. Rather hypocritical to make an accusation that you in turn copy on the very next post you make. As for you accusing another member of being a Moron........incredible.....I'll leave it at that.    

Evidently you need to learn how to read and since you usually keep your attacks on another forum , I will just point out that what i said that everyone is entitled to the type of Gay man they like without having that type disparaged by words such as Fairies .

That is what Gays had to grow up with in many countries , so the last thing we need is fellow gays making those of kind of remarks about photos of someone who is attractive to the poster .

Big muscular guys are not my type , yet you will never find me saying a negative thing about that type of photo and in fact as the person who posts more photos here then anyone, I post all types .

If you don't like a photo, just move on, don't make snide remarks about the type. Even you ought to be able to understand that!

We're assuming of course that "fairies" WAS meant in a disparaging way as maybe it was meant it in more of a "aww he's so angelic looking" type way i.e every beach needs a few wee angels like this........although I have to say i find it hard to always think nice about labels as in some gay bars when a guy applies undue unwanted attention towards me and suggests that he's some hot "bear" all the while I'm just inwardly thinking "no, sorry, you're not, you're just some old, fat, sweaty guy who's let himself go past the point of no return who needs to go trim his chest hair a bit!" But I guess as long as I keep that in my head that's all ok then :-)

So, if he meant is nastily, then no, that's just a bit mean and I would agree with firecat and but more angelic then I agree with him and wee angels like that dotted all over the world is exactly what the world needs as in the words of the song "what the world needs now, is lone sweet love" - and I would propose that starts with a load of those wee angels and me getting it on just as much as possible everywhere I go ! :-) 

Guest FossilGay

As usual most customers were middle aged farangs and a few had their young Thai boyfriends seated with them.

Perhaps I've been going on the wrong days but I've rarely seen middle-aged farangs in those concessions - most have firmly been in the old age category (over 60)) including yours truly.

Guest FossilGay

I see these boys as "ladyboys-in-waiting" and Dongtan Beach as their training ground before they spread their wings and move on to become nocturnal butterflies on Beach Road in a few years' time.

other posters quoting posters I have 'on ignore', means I end up seeing their posts.

Difficult to imagine someone throwing out insults just for liking another's posting. Obsessed stalkers are

among the most pathetic creatures around and their hate never abates.

I will never be bullied or silenced by insult throwing haters and continue to ignore him unless someone quotes

him.

Encouraging to see other posters step up to the mean spirited bully and call him down for his ugliness.

Of course, he'll spew out more ugliness now, but it's just the nature of the beast and best 'ignored'.

My complaints about you are how you denigrate certain pictures because they are not your type. I don't care what your type is and in fact I don't care what anyones type is . We are all entitled to the type we like without having to read many many posts like yours spewing your disdain for fem boys.  Funny you spend all your time in Bars in Sunee where 90% of the boys fit into that category.

For someone who has never posted one photo , you should just keep your mouth shut about photos posted by others.

Hopefully someone quotes this so you have to read because you have no logical response you can make!

Guest FossilGay

Hopefully someone quotes this so you have to read because you have no logical response you can make!

But you said in post no. 8 that williewillie cannot read and is a moron.  Now you post something for the illiterate moron to read - perhaps it's your logic that should be called to question?

"Funny you spend all your time in Bars in Sunee where 90% of the boys fit into that category."

90% fem? In Sunee Plaza??

I don't think so! Not anymore.

Judging from what I saw on my trip last month, it would seem all the fems have moved over to Boyztown.

I can't argue that you have been there more recently then I have but there are only 3 GoGo Bars .  I find it hard to believe that Eros has gone from Fem Boys to manly guys  and based on their current website , it appears to be the same as always

Certainly Nice Boys tends to more manly boys and Power Boys changes  every week so I can see on any 1 night might catch a different type.

Meanwhile Boyz has more manly types then all of Sunee put together ,Beer Bars and GoGo.  Certainly ABomb has plenty of manly boys..  XBoys certainly does not have a lot of Fem Boys.

FunnyBoys has never had Fem Boys and ToyBoys always has a good mix depending on what time you arrive.

So all in all I don't get your blanket statement about FemBoys in BT.

Too bad Willie can't read. He is the only Moron who supported disparaging post by Alexx!

You're in desperate need of a chill pill, I think.

For the record, the fairy in that picture is very much my type. If you take offence to using the term fairy because people have used it in a mean-spirited way, I'm afraid I cannot help you.

Reading comprehension skills, that you accused other members of lacking, also include not to be biased towards any particular interpretation when several are plausible. Not only do I believe in fairies, I also like the term and I shall continue to use it, with or without your blessing.

Regarding the photo of the boy that inspired the current dispute, his face is not clear enough to be certain, but I'm sure I recognize him.  He used to be a regular at the beach, but disappeared several years ago.  I haven't seen him anywhere since.  If he's still in Pattaya or on Gay Romeo or any of the other apps, I haven't spotted him there either.

Travellerdave said "What every gay beach should have plenty of."  Dongtan beach really did have "plenty of" several years ago.  I certainly enjoyed it when it was difficult to choose which boy I wanted since there were so many of them.  Now, along with that boy, they've all disappeared too, which is why I rarely go to the beach at all these days. 

Whenever I see a post giving us an update of Dongtan Beach, I keep hoping to see something that says available boys are starting to come back.  Unfortunately, so far the posts usually tell us it's still rare to see any boys at all other than boys with a farang who brought them there.

No matter how you choose to refer to them or categorize them, at Dongtan beach there are few to none to refer to or categorize anymore.

For the record, the fairy in that picture is very much my type. If you take offence to using the term fairy because people have used it in a mean-spirited way, 

English is not my first language so would somebody care to enlighten me what is actually disparaging in term 'fairy" warranting such heated response.

We don't have members calling others ' Moron'  with capital M every day , I'd say not even every month.