Guest pattaya69

pattaya gay hotel

Guest pattaya69

hello  to  everybody i  am newbie in this forum but i am not newbie in thailand i  have been  there about 43 time    i  will   go  to pattaya  end of march  for 10  days  i usually stay  in Lk  royal  wing or august suites in pattaya  klang, this time  i  wanna  try a real  gay hotel  any  suggestion?

budget  around  1.500  bath

thanks a lot

I've stayed at the Ambiance a few times and been happy with the experience, although due to its location it's not for people who prefer early nights, with noise from the Soi. In Pattaya I have always stayed at hotels known to be gay in recent years. Before a couple of times I didn't. I did have boys in the room but I didn't like the stares from other guests in the lobby and comments in the lift when I returned with boys.

That's important to me as well. And also the unobtrusive checking of the IDs of visitors....and their departures.

The problem of noise is very real. Why the show bars are now open to the soi is incomprehensible When Copa and LCR are competing in their "battle of the sound-systems " at about 2330, the noise forbids conversation at any of the host bars or on the  terrace of Ambiance. Fortunately, the worst of the noise is over soon after 0030. Unless LCR has one of its karaoke nights for the tone deaf.

Nevertheless, Ambiance is the place. If you can afford it, choose one of the better rooms; those facing the rear of the building (the cheapest) have very little natural light.

Guest abang1961

I have never stayed in the hotels within Boyztown. They are much too "buy" for my liking. I prefer to stay away like last Nov, I had a very short stay at the Welcome Plaza Hotel in Central Pattaya. The facilities fitted my request - breakfast included, swimming pool and almost everywhere within the "zone" is a mere 10 minutes walk. I could go to Boat Bakery or Kiss Cafe if I longed for more food.

The best thing is its price (about USD 35) but its exterior fools the interior. Not exactly 3 to 4 star but very liveable. The small "no happy ending" massage shops are right in front of the entrance into the soi, leading to the hotel.

Definitely worth considering.. another one you may like to look at is the Lek Hotel..famous for its THN 150 breakfast from 7 am to 1 pm... and dinner at a slightly higher but still very affordable price... The pool here needs a retiling and the rooms, not much to shout about but at THB 700, who complains?

. If you can afford it, choose one of the better rooms; those facing the rear of the building (the cheapest) have very little natural light.

Which ones are better rooms? Any specific room numbers recommendation for deluxe type?

The suites  and the penthouse rooms.  Avoid the basic rooms (which I think are called "superior"). These are the ones which face the buildings in Soi 2. The deluxe are good value, particularly in the low season.

Different people have different priorities.  

I like a quiet room, so on my only stay in the Ambience, I specifically asked for a room at the back on a high floor.   ie To minimise noise from the clubs on the same and opposite sides of the street.    I thought the room was fine.

However, someone who spends half the day in the hotel room might want a larger room.

Many years ago, I stayed in one of those rooms at the back. I was bothered by a giant a/c extractor fan on the building opposite (about a metre away). It would start-up periodically....and very loudly. Perhaps I was unlucky and other rooms don't have this problem. And I didn't like the absence of natural light. But the rooms are good value.

I appreciate the friendly and helpful staff at the hotel.....reception, restaurant, cleaners. Both my boyfriend (Thai) and I feel very much at home there. He's in his thirties but the cleaners "mother" him! When we visit hotels across Thailand , he's particularly sensitive to the way Thai visitors are treated. 

Guest ronnie4you

Did the Ambiance fix their bug problem? It's been a few years now, but it was pretty bad. Add sheets that while laundered had cum stains  on them, and I gave up on a place where I had stayed many times.

I've stayed there three times in the last eighteen months and never experienced the bug problem or cum stains. One thing you have to avoid in the tropics is opening the windows for more than a few minutes because the bugs get in, principally mosquitos. I did that during my last trip and both me and my overnight boy had bites.

If you want to be in the centre of things it's a good choice. It's a bit of a maze upstairs and I got lost returning one night looking for my room.

Anyone in doubt due to mixed reviews here could also consult Trip Advisor.

Lots of the reviews appear to be from genuine people who have made many reviews elsewhere. ie Pretty much the same as here, but with a drastically increased sample size.

I'm surprised to see it ranked as 242 out of 407 in Pattaya. 

Guest gayboy88

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery Collection? Any feedback on this, thinking about staying there in late March. 

Anyone in doubt due to mixed reviews here could also consult Trip Advisor.

Lots of the reviews appear to be from genuine people who have made many reviews elsewhere. ie Pretty much the same as here, but with a drastically increased sample size.

I'm surprised to see it ranked as 242 out of 407 in Pattaya. 

Not to discount your advice but for sheer curiosity I just read reviews for some hotels I know from experience /Raya, Nantra etc. /  and must say that what I read is not what I remember from my stays.

Clearly either I'm not demanding enough  or some people are just venting their frustration there  for no reason but I'd definitely would follow recommendations from this forum over  anything which is said on Trip Adviosor.

Just my personal opinion for my personal use

I have also stayed there. A bit pricy but interesting rooms and nice staff and pool. Good Location.

They will ask for boys ID and return it when he leaves after calling your room.

As I have mentioned before Booking.com is the best place for real reviews even if you do not book there.

No review can be posted unless you made a reservation with Booking and checked out.

Much more reliable vs TripAdvisor where anyone can post multiple reviews as long as they have multiple email addresses etc.