CurtisD

Pattaya accommodation suggestions

Like anonone I will be in butterfly mode during the start of my June trip and a hotel in BT is ideal if you anticipate having a number of boys short time or overnight. However I always remember a bit of advice I was given when I first came to Pats some 14 years ago which was "don't make plans in Pattaya". Thinks change and I could easily find a boy I want to stay with me for a few days.

In this case I would move to the Samsuck Guesthouse which is fairly quiet after the sauna closes. There are a variety of rooms and it is not expensive and only a short distance to Jomtien and Dongtan Beach. The restaurant is not bad although the farang breakfast is "basic" whereas my boyfriends said the Thai food was good. Bit of a hill up to the main road (amazing how unfit young Thais are - they complain about this)

Guest ronnie4you

The Ambiance suited me just fine until a few years ago when the sheets,although laundered, had obvious cum stains in the right location. They changed them for me, but then I noticed all of the bugs in the bathroom. If that situation is remedied, I would get one of the suites on my next visit at the end of this year.

I have stayed at the Marriott. I like comfort in my old age. But, if I cannot get guest to the room, than this is out. At the Ambiance, when I was with the hubby, we'd get a small room for sex and keep the large room for ourselves.

I don't know about the Hilton, but again, I don't want to be topped bringing a guest to my room, or pay more for him.

A friend of mine stayed at Copa a couple of years ago on the top floor. In many ways it compared very favourably with the equivalent at Ambiance. ...it was newer of course. I thought the  rooms  very well-appointed

It didn't suit him in one important aspect; it is more of an serviced apartment than a hotel. He preferred the security that Ambiance's reception provided when it came to visitors. There is a Reception at Copa but it is not so well-manned. And of course, the Ambiance has a restaurant and room service.

I'm sure that the  hotel to which Vinapu  refers is Serene.  I stayed there in the 90s; very cheap. It must be by the quitetets hotel in BT due to it being set back from the soi.,

I am not really worried about late-night noise at Ambiance. I typically don't sleep until dawn

I always feel obliged to wake up around 10 am and go outside for some 2 hours because I know the cleaning ladies are doing the rooms. If you wake up say around 2 pm how do you get your room cleaned? Cleaning ladies have finished then I assume.

Guest anonone

Why does no-one mention Marina Inn near Sunee? Very cheap. The money you save by staying there you can spend on boys. You can sleep there for 1000 baht per night.

Ok, it is not very luxerous, but who cares. You only sleep there and shower.

Ambiance has rooms for 1000 baht a night as well.  I have stayed in some guesthouse for as low as 600 baht a night, but prefer a bit more comfort and service now.  

I always feel obliged to wake up around 10 am and go outside for some 2 hours because I know the cleaning ladies are doing the rooms. If you wake up say around 2 pm how do you get your room cleaned? Cleaning ladies have finished then I assume.

Great question.  Most of my recent trips have involved renting a condo that doesn't include housekeeping...though there were plenty of towels and linen provided to keep us well supplied.  so it wasn't an issue.

I did stay at the Marriott a couple of times which was great.  They apparently had housekeeping staff on site during the evenings.  When we finally woke up and headed out at 7PM or so, I just asked at the front desk for our room to be cleaned.  It was great.  Oh, it was never a problem with us bringing a friend back with us...but they didn't check or keep IDs or anything.  Not sure if they would have if I asked...we just went straight to the room without being stopped or anything.

Now that it will be just me, I am leaning toward Ambiance just for the convenience and security.  I am a bit concerned about stained linens and bed comfort now, but as I stated above, if it is unacceptable I will just check out early and find someplace else to stay.  Benefit of a low season visit.

I have stayed at the Marriott many times. If I come in at 3 or 4 in the morning, I just stop at the front desk and tell them to have housekeeping stop by after 3pm . Major hotels have housekeeping staff 24 hours.

I have a condo in Bangkok now with housekeeping. She comes a couple of says a week. I just asked her if she could schedule between 2 and 5. She usually gets there at 3pm. Like most things in life, it's just simple communication.

If I'm in the room when housekeeping does show up...I just watch tv while they clean. You don't need to leave the room.

Guest ronnie4you

The Ambiance suited me just fine until a few years ago when the sheets,although laundered, had obvious cum stains in the right location. They changed them for me, but then I noticed all of the bugs in the bathroom. If that situation is remedied, I would get one of the suites on my next visit at the end of this year.

I have stayed at the Marriott. I like comfort in my old age. But, if I cannot get guest to the room, than this is out. At the Ambiance, when I was with the hubby, we'd get a small room for sex and keep the large room for ourselves.

I don't know about the Hilton, but again, I don't want to be topped bringing a guest to my room, or pay more for him.

I will try harder to proof read my posts! "Than" should be "then." "Topped" should be "stopped."  :)

I just stay in Ambiance for two nights last week and no issues  whatsoiever. 

Everything works , bed linens are clean. safe operates, noise from bars minimal, staff helpful and not nosy. Slightly more expensive than similar room I usually had in LeCafe Royale but rate included breakfast  for two so no complains from me.  

Guest anonone

I just stay in Ambiance for two nights last week and no issues  whatsoiever. 

Everything works , bed linens are clean. safe operates, noise from bars minimal, staff helpful and not nosy. Slightly more expensive than similar room I usually had in LeCafe Royale but rate included breakfast  for two so no complains from me.

Many thanks, vinapu.

I appreciate the update.

Last year I stayed at the Flamingo, 800 Bht per night , very few other guests, and went back this year to find it is now 890 Bht .

(Same low season)

No other guests as far as I could tell, and I checked out after 2 nights, covered in Mosquito bites ..

Rooms are very dated and I think the cleaning lady should have gone to specsavers ...  

Never again ... 

i'm a regular at Ambiance and , since the "open" bars have....opened, I've found the noise a real problem. However, it has much improved and my last visit was problem free. I like to think that the other business owners in the soi (I understand they meet as a group) persuaded Cafe Royale and Castro to cut the noise levels to a more reasonable level. Perhaps they even read this forum.

So Vinapu is absolutely correct.

Pleased to hear that Londoner as I plan to stay at the Ambiance during my next trip in a couple of weeks. Being in an entertainment area the noise till about 1 am is acceptable, but I've been disturbed by noise when it's continued up to 3.00 am. Spoils being in bed with a nice boy when you have to listen to some drunk farang murdering "I did it my way" at that time.

The very late noise is specifically from Cafe Royale's karoake nights, when guys bellow at full volume with scant regard to the melody, to an empty soi at 0300. None of these occasions (for want of a better word) during my stay there.

I still use ear plugs though.

I had stay in Ambiance quite far ago, at 2010 or 2009 (next season after installation of elevator). What can I say? Never again. Noise... ok, it can be tolerated, but most my concern was about fire safety. This tight packed building with very small corridors, the only exit and wooden doors will be big communal grave in case of fire. 

I'm fairly sure an able bodied male should be able to scout out the emergency exits in the Ambiance & get out of there in case of a fire.  I wouldn't want to be in one of the rooms facing the Soi though, due to the noise.   My one and only stay in there was about 9 years ago & at the back, by choice as I like a quiet room.

I stayed at the Flamingo in 2011, 2012 and 2013, in one of the larger end suites.  Of course it was dated, but the bed was comfortable & it got fresh crisp white clean sheets regularly.  The bathroom was dated & almost clean enough.  After I spent 15 minutes giving it a thorough clean, their daily cleaning was sufficient after that. The room cleaning was fine. The place also came with a LCD TV, a fridge & wifi.  It's a quiet soi, well located for the bars & the lovely Gafae coffee shop.

I only switched out of there after they messed up the booking process.  I would consider going back.

I tried the Baan Dok Mai in 2010. At the time it was clean, but very worn.  One time only.   

Prior to that (2009), I was in Two Guys, but the bathroom & the bedding were minging. The cleaner spent all day sat on her arse in reception. They must have improved since then.  It's a long time ago. I'm not going back & spend about double that (or more) to get a good room these days. 

Anyone going to Pattaya must be in low season, so I figure you could book somewhere for a couple of nights, then decide what to do after that.

Hi Captainmick

I am always really nervous about any negitivity when I bring a boy back, since my first ever visit when I stayed at the Holiday Inn - Silom and it became a nightmare every night, trying to "dodge" security in the loby or being escourted to reception like some naughty school kid to pay from memory 500 Baht! So since then I always pick the Gay hotels and have often stayed at Baan Souy - which I like, Samsuk once but the rooms were not great, Cafe Royal and also Ambiance often but no pool. You mention you rate M Gallary - is there no issue at all in brining a boy back and do they check ID? 

Has anyone any other suggestions for decent hotels not too far from Boys town with a pool that whilst dont need be mainly "gay only" such as those I have mentioned but at least "gay friendly" with no issue in bringing a boy back and posibly haveing one staying with you for a while?  

Guest anonone

Hi Captainmick

I am always really nervous about any negitivity when I bring a boy back, since my first ever visit when I stayed at the Holiday Inn - Silom and it became a nightmare every night, trying to "dodge" security in the loby or being escourted to reception like some naughty school kid to pay from memory 500 Baht! So since then I always pick the Gay hotels and have often stayed at Baan Souy - which I like, Samsuk once but the rooms were not great, Cafe Royal and also Ambiance often but no pool. You mention you rate M Gallary - is there no issue at all in brining a boy back and do they check ID? 

Has anyone any other suggestions for decent hotels not too far from Boys town with a pool that whilst dont need be mainly "gay only" such as those I have mentioned but at least "gay friendly" with no issue in bringing a boy back and posibly haveing one staying with you for a while?  

Marriott is within easy walking distance to Boyztown and has a great pool.  It is really pretty amazing how you step inside the inner courtyard of the place and it really feels like Pattaya is no where around.  Very quiet and almost secluded feel to it.

When staying there, I was always with BF who was registered with me...but many forum members have reported no issues bringing guests back to the room.

I would consider it "gay friendly", though most of the clientele there are more geared to families, business folks, and the like.  So just be aware in case you think that would bother you. Price is usually about 4500 baht per night.

Note: This is the Marriott Resort and Spa, not the Courtyard by Marriott.

I will say Marriott is my favorite place to stay. I have never had an issue bringing anyone back. But, Airbnb is becoming more popular. I have talked to a few forum members that have found condos close to Boyztown. This way you have no issues bringing boys back.

Marriott is great location and wonderful pool. However the rooms are tiny and the prices range from 4500 baht in the heat of summer up to 7000 in high season of January. Just a very high amount when there are so many great apartments in good locations with good pools for 1/3 of the price or less and you get to fill the kitchen with drinks and snacks which easily could save you another few hundred baht per day.

3 day stay not a big deal but a week or more it adds up to a lot of extra Boys. HeHe

Hi Captainmick

Paul, M Gallery is Gay friendly. Not sure about ID situation!

Barraquda has only been M Gallery for a couple of years. Used to be a Dusit D2. Yes, gay friendly, stayed there a couple of times with my thai BF. No problems at all, but then I'm top tier in their chain's loyalty program. Non-Smoking Hotel, but every room has a tiny balcony where they will put a chair and ashtray upon request.