Guest Qualityonly

Sunee Plaza doom n gloom

with the freedom and means to travel around the world to get something you fancy.   After all, YOU have the young Thai boyfriend, not those Chinese sheep that have to follow their guide. If this guide is smart he should point you out...  as a role model.

you have a point , thanks for a good laugh. '  Role model ' is a bit of stretch but if one looks at the issue from  the angle above , at least there's something to envy us farangs with younger boy in tow

you have a point , thanks for a good laugh. '  Role model ' is a bit of stretch but if one looks at the issue from  the angle above , at least there's something to envy us farangs with younger boy in tow

Yes, "role model" is hard to understand for the Chinese tourists because they may not yet be seniors, and they all feel that they will never be old.  Not everyone can be happy and laugh all the way until the last breath.

Guest ryanasia

The news is out about Sunee and all over the net now. Every post such as these puts another nail in the coffin. I am not saying these posts shouldn't exist by any means. What I mean is when this happens it will snowball. I was on the baht bus thinking of going to Sunee last night and a German guy with his Thai boy told me not to bother. I usually seek out the shadier and less visited places but I was told Sunee is shady but not in a good way. 

A bit sad I missed in in it's hey day but back then I didn't know the place existed. Made me think of this song...

Guest anonone

I just posted about the same in your Pattaya visit thread, but I think you really missed out by being talked out of a visit to Sunee.

Laid back beer bars with Isan twinks...yes please, every day.  Hands on fun, when the mood strikes?  Check, got that covered.  

Plenty of staff there to make an enjoyable evening, without the fishbowl feeling of Boyztown.  

I readily agree that it is much more quiet than previous years, and that is from someone that missed the "hey day" of Sunee past.  But there is still much fun to be had.

Guest ryanasia

One cute Isaan twink could make the difference for me. I will give it a try when I am not entertaining other people. Thanks for your advice. Boyztown is really not my thing.

Guest Qualityonly

I just posted about the same in your Pattaya visit thread, but I think you really missed out by being talked out of a visit to Sunee.

Laid back beer bars with Isan twinks...yes please, every day. Hands on fun, when the mood strikes? Check, got that covered.

Plenty of staff there to make an enjoyable evening, without the fishbowl feeling of Boyztown.

I readily agree that it is much more quiet than previous years, and that is from someone that missed the "hey day" of Sunee past. But there is still much fun to be had.

I was there tonight,"laid back beer bars with issaan twinks",yes your right considering theres only about 4 or 5 bars open.

As for twinks,nearly every boy I saw and there wasnt many at all,,was average over 25.

I headed off to Boyztown where for some reason it was pumping .

Guest anonone

Glad you were able to find someplace where you could have a good time.  Some prefer Boyztown...others prefer Jomtien Complex...others Sunee Plaza.  

Ain't life grand?

Guest abang1961

Sunee has seen its glory days before.

Unless there is a white knight, it will go down in his-story.

Song dedication: Tons of memory..from these talented DIVAS..

Barbara in a more recent rendition

The inevitable inclusion : Elaine Page in Cats

A very unflattering, mess-up by the over-rated Susan Boyle

Just don't seem right to me.. pitching problems and she seems to lose her sense of timing..rushing through the song

Guest Qualityonly

I decided to go out to a few Sunee Bars a few nights ago, what s mistake that was !

Travelling from my hotel in Boyztown to Sunee Plaza.

One bar "All of me " had a waiter constantly trying to push drinks onto me.

I think 3 drinks in 20 minutes was enough ( the first drink I downed quckly as I was thirsty) but he came back again constantly shaking the bottle before I had enough ,75 x 3 was 225 and he got exactly 225b and that bar wont see 1baht of my money again.

Not sure what his problem was, it wasnt like I was taking up seats there was plenty.

He just annoyed the tripe out of me and im thinking their getting their staff to "push" drinks they've become so desperate lol.

I actually told him on the 3rd drink not to bother me again,but he came back shaking that bottle every 5 minutes !

I felt like I was going to vomit constantly trying to take sips.

Its almost like their doing me the favour by opening !!

Please close and I hope you do because you deserve to and I wish your bar every bad luck possuble.

He was just constantly watching me, I felt as if I had to take a sip everytime he looked at me.

There was no reason for his behaviour apart from my dress where I had a collared shirt and tailored trousers whilst the other 4 or so farangs( if that) had scuffs and t shirts on.

However Im sure I had seen this waiter somewhere before but just cant work out where, must be a number of years ago though.

So " All of me" is off my list,first time there last time there.

Is the owner still selling it for a million baht.?

I really do hope the owner of this bar has bad luck,getting staff to push drinks is the lowest you can go.

Whilst there isnt many other bars open Sky Bar is a nice bar with a wonderful host and very friendly owner,pity most bars around him are closed.

I think I will stick to Boyztown though, not pushy on the drinks and you can relax more.

I decided to go out to a few Sunee Bars a few nights ago, what s mistake that was !

Travelling from my hotel in Boyztown to Sunee Plaza.

One bar "All of me " had a waiter constantly trying to push drinks onto me.

I think 3 drinks in 20 minutes was enough ( the first drink I downed quckly as I was thirsty) but he came back again constantly shaking the bottle before I had enough ,75 x 3 was 225 and he got exactly 225b and that bar wont see 1baht of my money again.

Not sure what his problem was, it wasnt like I was taking up seats there was plenty.

He just annoyed the tripe out of me and im thinking their getting their staff to "push" drinks they've become so desperate lol.

I actually told him on the 3rd drink not to bother me again,but he came back shaking that bottle every 5 minutes !

I felt like I was going to vomit constantly trying to take sips.

Its almost like their doing me the favour by opening !!

Please close and I hope you do because you deserve to and I wish your bar every bad luck possuble.

He was just constantly watching me, I felt as if I had to take a sip everytime he looked at me.

There was no reason for his behaviour apart from my dress where I had a collared shirt and tailored trousers whilst the other 4 or so farangs( if that) had scuffs and t shirts on.

However Im sure I had seen this waiter somewhere before but just cant work out where, must be a number of years ago though.

So " All of me" is off my list,first time there last time there.

Is the owner still selling it for a million baht.?

Whilst there isnt many other bars open Sky Bar is a nice bar with a wonderful host and very friendly owner,pity most bars around him are closed.

I think I will stick to Boyztown though, not pushy on the drinks and you can relax more and better class and looks of boys not 35yo waiters like they have in Sunee Plaza.

Guest Qualityonly

Playful? He was on intent on pushing drinks and not the personality to be playful,just very very annoying constantly checking my beer bottle.

I dont blame the waiter however, he wouldnt be doing that unless he was asked or told to.

Lucky you, often times in beer bars it is a challenge even to get a waiter to notice you. I have been to All of Me many times and have never seen the type of action you describe. Simple enough, just don't order another drink if you don't want one. Some customers sit their for hours nursing a bottle of water and are not bothered. 

I'm more of a gogo bar customer, but on my visits to All of Me, I've had just the right amount of service in the bar.

And back at the hotel.

Maybe you just got unlucky with someone who hasn't quite got the hang of the job jet.

Does the adorable Kaykay still work there ?

Guest Qualityonly

I walked past there last night again,some boys out the front were nice and I told one boy the bar was not good and he asked why.

Before I could tell him I saw that "b....d" waiter staring at me from another seat out the front.p obviously waiting for a shark prey.

Ironically they had no customers at that time,green chair bar opposite had 4 customers as the bars next to it had.

Walking in another Sunee Soi i saw a gorgeous boy sitting outside a massage shop , I went up to talk to him only to find out it was All of Me massage the same owner as All of me Bar, sorry but i left.immediately.

Maybe this Waiter is scaring customers away from All of me bar ,hope he does actually.

Another farang told me he could of been the Manager? If he was hopefully he runs the place into the ground because im taking 5 friends up to Sunee tonight and not 1 satang will be spent at All of Me.

I certainly will remember how I was treated.

I even woke up last night in my hotel room shouting out " please stop shaking the bottle , please ! Stop shaking that bloody bottle !

Half of Boyztown heard me im sure .

The other night there was a deal of activity in Sunee Plaza with Ting Tong Red having quite a show on the soi including a comedy act, a traditional Thai dance, the B Boys and others acts. In addition All of Me had a birthday party for Neung with the usual Issan karaoke music and singing.

One way to insure the boyz at the beer bars in Sunee will not pester you is to look and act grumpy and aloof; works every time.

Also wave them off if they  touch you, speak with you or sit with you and never buy them a drink or tip them. Even better is to speak with them in a language other than English or Thai to really drive them away. ;)

Guest Qualityonly

Yes I was too polite and nice I think.

Thats why he took advantage of me.

I cannit be aloof or distant, I like to be friendly and polite.

But that night I was certainly about to shout my first swear word in years.

But its their loss,I enjoy walking past as they beg me to go in and then I turn and look at the "offenders" dull face sitting nearby knowing he knows why im not going in and give him a wry smile.

I guess he thought I was a once a nighter newbie Lol

I cannit be aloof or distant, I like to be friendly and polite.

For a long time at All of Me the waiters would ignore me; I even had to beg for a drink. I asked them the problem and they said "you not look happy".   :sad:  So I then put on my happy face and now they all know me by name, know my drink preferences, keep my glass filled and give me head and shoulder massages and they get 100 Baht tip. So be careful what you wish for it might come true.   

You may try sitting at the bar next door to All of Me. The waiters there will really make sure you will return but no long trousers, a nice pair of shorts works best. 

But that night I was certainly about to shout my first swear word in years.

You should talk to Gary, the owner.  He's there every night.  If he isn't at All of Me, he's on the other Sunee Plaza soi at his other bar, All of Me Too.  Gary listens.  If you tell him what happened and especially if you point out the boy who was pestering you, rest assured Gary will do something about it and will make sure it never happens again.

Walking in another Sunee Soi i saw a gorgeous boy sitting outside a massage shop , I went up to talk to him only to find out it was All of Me massage the same owner as All of me Bar, sorry but i left.immediately.

you are there boy hunting so don't waste such an opportunities just top get even with the sister bar IMHO.

They tickled you off , yes , but no sense to ruin one's vacation over pestering issue. Gorgeous boy is worth every sin, even greater than breaking taboo about non-visiting bar

Guest ryanasia

The other night there was a deal of activity in Sunee Plaza with Ting Tong Red having quite a show on the soi including a comedy act, a traditional Thai dance, the B Boys and others acts. In addition All of Me had a birthday party for Neung with the usual Issan karaoke music and singing.

One way to insure the boyz at the beer bars in Sunee will not pester you is to look and act grumpy and aloof; works every time.

Also wave them off if they  touch you, speak with you or sit with you and never buy them a drink or tip them. Even better is to speak with them in a language other than English or Thai to really drive them away. ;)

So in other words just act naturally? :)

Guest Qualityonly

I have taken on board what "vinapu" said and decided not to let it bother me so I wont be mentioning it again otherwise it becomes a bitter obsession.

I was just thinking the other night when I was in Sunee and staring at closed and for lease shophouses in the darkness about the great times I had at Corner Bar and Come in Bar just a few years ago.

Must be 5 years? since Crabby has gone from the Corner Bar,how time goes so quickly,he was only there 2 years but had a big impact.

He would be shocked if he saw Sunee now though.