Guest Qualityonly

Sunee Plaza doom n gloom

Guest Qualityonly

Double Shot (old Corner Bar) now open again with the return of the owner.

All of Me(s) is one of the "bright lights" in Sunee Plaza that is trying to alleviate the gloom along with Ting Tong Red, Sky and Double Shot. These businesses deserve praise and patronage, not criticism and boycott.

Why shouldnt I criticise a bar where the waiter kept shaking that damn bottle every few minutes !

You know how annoying that was? Very very annoying !!!!

Guest Qualityonly

Because I thought he was going to leave me alone,but he kept up at it.

Your right I should of got up at left maybe at the second drink but I didnt.

Anyway its over now.

Guest Qualityonly

I think its too late for Sunee, I really do.

I think the Landlord also has a role in this,why open a business with a maximum 1 year lease?

Jomtien looks the go now.

I will be going into Sunee tonight with 2 farang friends and their boyfriends,probaly have dinner at Sky Bar and do the bars EXCEPT All of me Bar which remains blackbanned.

Cant wait to wave to the "bottle shaking" waiter on my way past.

Yes I can be a nasty Queen.

EXCEPT All of me Bar which remains blackbanned.

Cant wait to wave to the "bottle shaking" waiter on my way past.

Yes I can be a nasty Queen.

let it go,

you are spoiling your vacations by being so bitter over issue really trivial in great scheme of things

let it go

That waiter might not even really have been a waiter.  Sometimes boys freelance there.  In any case, I think it's unfair to blacklist the place if he hasn't even spoken to Gary, the owner.  Gary probably isn't even be aware of a problem.  If he is made aware of it, I know him well enough to know he'll do something about it.

And I agree with A447a.  If a waiter is being pushy, what's the hard part about telling him not to bother you about another drink  unless you call him over?  What Qualityonly saw as being pushy might have simply been the waiter's idea of trying to be accommodating.

Whenever I go to Sunee Plaza, I always start out at All of Me.  I have never been subjected to a pushy waiter there and I have never seen anyone subjected to a pushy waiter, and as far as I know Qualityonly is the only person who has ever had this complaint.

In any case, I think it's unfair to blacklist the place if he hasn't even spoken to Gary, the owner.  Gary probably isn't even be aware of a problem.  If he is made aware of it, I know him well enough to know he'll do something about it.

I don't know, Gaybutton. If I were a farang running a business specifically catering to gay farang in Pattaya, as Gary does, I would make sure to read all the relevant boards. This one here, yours and SGT. If you really think he doesn't do that and is therefore unaware of what is being posted about his bar, I'd say that alone pretty much disqualifies him to do his job in this day and age.

I don't know, Gaybutton. If I were a farang running a business specifically catering to gay farang in Pattaya, as Gary does, I would make sure to read all the relevant boards.

Gary does read my board.  Whether he reads any others, I have no idea.  I never asked. 

In any case, suppose he's reading this topic.  Unless someone with a complaint about a waiter speaks to him directly and points out the waiter, how is he supposed to know which waiter the person is complaining about?  And how is he supposed to know whether to believe the complainer at face value or if it's just somebody making a mountain out of a molehill?

As for other bar owners, I don't know what boards they read, if any. 

There was a time when more owners read the Boards.  I think they went away for 2 reasons:

1.  Unsubstantiated criticisms that nobody else seemed to experience.

2.  Tired of people with no Bar or restaurant experience being experts on how a Bar should be run. Many people with no money invested seem to think they know better and most of the time they don't.

It is just plain not easy for a Farang to run a Bar in Thailand.

...speaks to him directly and points out the waiter, how is he supposed to know which waiter the person is complaining about?  

I think it''s not about disciplining that waiter but rather about letting all of them know what potentially may upset client whether he is right or not.

There was a time when more owners read the Boards.  I think they went away for 2 reasons:

1.  Unsubstantiated criticisms that nobody else seemed to experience.

2.  Tired of people with no Bar or restaurant experience being experts on how a Bar should be run. Many people with no money invested seem to think they know better and most of the time they don't.

1. That happens in all service industries,  sometimes it seems that with some clients you will never win, even if you kiss their ass they will still complain about the lipstick's color.

But still  it may be worthwhile to know what may cause  a problem , even if unreasonable.

/very recent example from my workplace - client complained about fire extinguisher being very unsightly, which it is but but it's very nature must be very visible and accessible. With every word she seemed more and more agitated, staff did not want to offend her by responding back  , fortunately one of clients present stepped in  and told her you know what /

2.That is annoying but old truth 'if something can't be done find somebody who doesn't know it , and he will do it" sometimes may be applicable.

I think either you or Michael one commented on how BoyzBoyzBoyz turned around from near disaster to being in opinion of at least one person / it would be me / best bar in the whole LOS. So obviously one owner did not know what to do and next one did.

2.That is annoying but old truth 'if something can't be done find somebody who doesn't know it , and he will do it" sometimes may be applicable.

I think either you or Michael one commented on how BoyzBoyzBoyz turned around from near disaster to being in opinion of at least one person / it would be me / best bar in the whole LOS. So obviously one owner did not know what to do and next one did.

You are partially right.  For years Boyz was the #1 Bar in Thailand and lawsuits among partners and the original man behind the success , led to it going downhill.   New management has raised it back up to where I guess it can compete for #1 .

Originally there was no Bar that competed with it.

I think it''s not about disciplining that waiter but rather about letting all of them know what potentially may upset client whether he is right or not.

He may have already done that, but it's not that simple.  It doesn't mean the staff is always going to listen.  Talk to bar owners and restaurant owners.  They'll invariably complain that one of the toughest problems is training the staff.  They can be told over and over again what to do and what not to do, but they just don't listen.

The owner of All of Me is on top of those kinds of things when he is made aware of them.  Just a couple months ago one of the boys wanted to have his birthday party at the bar and wanted to set up a loudspeaker with music.  Gary told him he can't be there that night, but he'll allow it.  He instructed the boy that the speaker needs to be set up in the back of the bar and he was quite specific about the volume level limit.  The boy understood perfectly.

Meanwhile the boy knew Gary wasn't going to be there.  Instead of doing as he was instructed, he set up the loudspeaker at the entrance to the bar and the music was played at full volume, driving off most of the customers, including the regulars.  I was not there that night, but I was there the next night.  Gary had no idea he had been disobeyed.  I was right there when some of the regulars informed him what had happened.  Gary was furious.  The "birthday boy" was not there.  Among the things Gary said was, "Tomorrow, somebody's going to be out of a job."

He meant it.  The boy was fired as soon as he showed up the next night.  Now that same boy is a go-go boy in Eros.

Here is website for All of Me Bar including contact info:

http://www.allofmesuneeplaza.com/contact-us/

The OP may contact the owner and express his concerns.

Please tell us about your experience at All of Me and All of Me too. Your comments, suggestions, compliments and criticisms about us and our staff are appreciated. You can contact us with general queries here

Perhaps the offending waiter could be flogged in public on his bare butt using feather dusters?