Guest ryanasia

Latest Pattaya trip

Bamboo Bar one of the oldest, longest running boy bars in Pattaya/Jomtien. I recall stopping by as long as 15 years ago,

way back in the good old days of Dongtan/Jomtien Beach. I haven't been back to Bamboo in years but it's an option

for an afternoon drink and boys. The boy massage parlors are another good option.

Guest ryanasia

The boys at Bamboo were a little on the rough trade end of the spectrum for me. It is an okay place for a drink but if you are looking for pretty boys this ain't the place. 

Nvm! Looks like there are two and I was looking at the wrong one. As much as I love sex, I was looking for some non sex things to do during the day...thx for some suggestions!

Guest ryanasia

Unless you like a beach you wouldn't swim at there isn't much to do in the day. That's the reason I think I would maybe go to a resort to relax the day away. Sitting on the veranda at KFC or hanging out in a mall isn't that appealing to me. I do enough mall time here in Bangkok as they tear everything down to build a new one. There is Koh Lan but I think if you wish to swim it would be less hassle to get a place with a good pool. 

The earlier you wake up the worse it is. Luckily I can sleep a good solid 12 hours if I want to so if I go to bed at 5 I can wake up in the afternoon or evening. Go out get a feed and then it is almost time to go out again. This is why I would try to find a little oasis that is worth hanging around in the day instead of something that is just open to Jomtien complex or directly on Boyztown. 

Taking a tuk tuk or Baht bus a short distance seems to be worth the trade off to me. I think maybe the guys who like to keep their boys around in the day time and hang out might find it a better time. 

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/bamboo/

Excellent advice! Thx man. I'll keep this in mind when I go in a few months. Lucky you that you can sleep a good solid 12 hours! Max 7-8 for me.

I was in Pattaya in July for 8 days . Stayed in Baan Souy ... very nice room ( balcony studio ) , beautiful pool , excellent wi-fi , uninterrupted sleep ... highly recommended .

Once to Sunee Plaza and when I saw Good Boys I remembered Christian PFC has written positive things about this place so after having some chat with the handsome guys outside I picked one and went inside for a jack off show , it was fun for 300 B plus drinks .

I liked Jomtien a lot ... lots of host bars with many guys for every taste . If you want to spend a nice 2 hours you can go The Venue show .

And finally Boyztown ... BoyzBoyzBoyz ... many gogo boys for various tastes and a nice show ... For who likes twinks I recommend Cupidol and Toy Boys . A Bomb , 6 guys were on stage when I was there , quite nice looking guys , surprisingly all were tops . Also most of the nice looking muscular guys sitting outside of Toy Boys are tops . X Boys is fun if you will not get bored with a little bit pushy Mamasan and staff ... lots of gogo boys , nice show ( xx ) .

I usually spent some part of daytime at the Jomtien beach , there is a free and high speed wifi available , food and drinks available and you can also have a massage .  

Ryanasia has an accurate assessment of tha Bamboo Bar. It's not a place to find a pretty twink, but it's certainly a gay cafe/bar. I occasionally call in for a tea or coffee on my way back to Pattaya from the beach which is quite pleasant. I was there once when an elderly Russian couple walked in but quickly left when they saw a gay customer with his arm round a boy. I can understand how they strayed there as the Bamboo is located well away from other gay oriented business's.

During the day I spend time in one of the many gyms during the late morning and then move to the Dongtan Beach for the afternoon. After that I sometimes visit the Samsuck gay Sauna about which there are many accounts on this forum.

I don't often have a boy with me during the day - I find they will go to Dongtan but a bit on sufferance and are sometimes reluctant to wear the speedos I buy for them. Koh Larn is a bit crowded in the high season and I don't like the stares you get when accompanied by a boy.

Lucky you that you can sleep a good solid 12 hours! Max 7-8 for me.

I'm not so sure. I'd wake up with feeling that so many hours of my vacation time were wasted but of course probably my sins are keeping me from sound sleep in LOS, 4-5 hrs max.

Guest ryanasia

I'm not so sure. I'd wake up with feeling that so many hours of my vacation time were wasted but of course probably my sins are keeping me from sound sleep in LOS, 4-5 hrs max.

I live over here so Pattaya is a short trip for me. Otherwise I might feel the same way.

I'm not kidding , sometimes I even wonder myself how I manage to keep going without getting dizzy with so little sleep I have while there, I guess it must be an adrenaline.

I feel sorry for my offs who are sleep deprived by me but rently one of them reflected ' you are not paying me to sleep ', sign of true professional

Guest Promsak

Bamboo Bar appears to be a str8 one?

Well! I know that Khun Bamboo is away on his world tour with his beloved according to his postings and pictures on Facebook but I doubt that the boys have turned it straight in his absence.

Incidentally, he used to have a girly bar in Bangkok in Soi cowboy or the like but that was more than twenty years ago.

There are two Bamboo bars in Pattaya, the straight one is on Pattaya Second Road (almost at the junction with Walking St), the gay one is on Thappraya Road in Jomtien (almost on the junction with Jomtien Beach Road).

Very different places, don't get them mixed up!

Surprised the gay Bamboo Bar doesnt get more mentions on the gay boards, the Bamboo bar is the the only male "host bar" in the Pattaya area open before 5 pm, AFAIK.

Handy if you are on Dongtan beach  and bored by 3-4 pm.

I met a guy there once who I went on to have a relationship with for 18 months, so I have a bit of a soft spot for the place.....

Yeah I meant more when I'm home. Not on vacation.

By host bar I mean a bar where there are guys in street clothes to keep you company, join you for drinks, etc. and who are usually offable.

As opposed to a gogo bar where there are guys in skimpy clothing and dancing on stage, and who are always offable

The Jomtien Complex has several gay host bars.

What do people do during the day in Patt? I was bored.

There is a lot to do and to see in and around Pattaya, I made a list:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/03/daytime-activities-in-pattaya.html

However after coming to Pattaya for years, I have been to most of them. Some are worth going again after a few years. Daytime highlight of my next Pattaya trip will probably be visiting all second hand bookshops and making a comprehensive list.

Yeah. The problem I had is I wasn't sure what to do there during the day. Other than sex, I'm not sure what to do?

I usually go to koh larn if I wake up early or jomtein beach if I wake up late.