Guest jones

Any Hotels or rooms WITHOUT 24hr reception bangkok and pattaya

Guest cdnmatt

Was wondering about the Mosiak , can you just turn up there to see if they have a room, or do you have to pre book .?

When I have walked past previously, there doesn't seem to be a reception anywhere ?

Reception is at the front, through the sliding doors.  I guess you could just show up hoping for a room, but no guarantees you would get one.  I've done so before, but for example, if I ask for a week sometimes I'd get a reply of, "we only have 3 nights available", so probably best to book in advance, especially if you're picky about your room type / size / price.

Guest anonone

good advice from cdnmatt.  I would just add that it is more an office then reception, so they will close up in the evening.  So if you want to try a drop-in booking, you should plan on daytime.  

Haven't heard much about Mosaik lately.  After a couple of visits with mattress  too hard, I have moved on.  So no idea if they typically have rooms available.  

Guest frequentflier

I think 24 hr.reception desk is great.It shows that the hotel is interested in its visitors.and controls who enters.This is as it should be.

Guest cdnmatt

Oh, and Mosaik kind of has no receiption as well, if you get a room in building C.  There are a couple security guards who sit out front all night, but they're around the corner in front of buildings A and B.

So if your in building C, you'll most likely never see them when you're coming / going at night, unless they're doing a walk around of the area at the time.

Thinking of security in hotels, a few years ago there was a claim that gay (or perhaps all) hotels in Pattaya were recording on CCTV visitors who pass through reception. A brief discussion ensued on the the forums and then....nothing. 

Was it really happening? or perhaps it was just an idea? surely not now?

Guest cdnmatt

No problems with CCTV here, as they can't strike up conversations with me at 2am, forcing me to put on a fake smile as if I enjoy explaining I'm up at 2am because I'm wotking late, and I'm just going to 7/11 to get a pack of cigarettes.

Christian, the last time I stayed at Baan Dok, the Kari-Oke  across the road kept me awake all night ..

He's correct about the "all night" part... the music can still be booming at 0500. I enjoyed BDM for a few stays - the rooms, the staff, the owner, the location, the price - but that karaoke was what got me booking elsewhere.

Having suggested the Flamingo earlier, it it still open ?    

My previous website link doesn't work & both Booking.com & Agoda don't seem to have any availability there.   

Stay at a condo along Jomtien Beach.  Try:

http://www.asian-escapes.com  (Asian Escapes - Rents Condo's at Jomtien Complex and the View Talay 5's &7)

also try Gay friendly

https://www.agoda.com/view-talay-condominium-7-by-vlad-property/hotel/pattaya-th.html  (Vlad Properties - View Talay 7)

The larger rooms come with a washing machine which truly came in handy for me.  Something about the water in Pattaya that made my clothes smell Thai-Fresh!

Often when I came back to the Condo at night, the guard was asleep and me and my friend just got in the elevator and went up to the room.

If the guy your with walks in like he belongs there, he won't be bothered.  But if he looks timid and eyes the security guard, the guard will want his ID.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Flamingo was closed.

Last year I stayed at 750 bt , and I think I was the only guest .

Went back this year, and they had increased the price to 850 bt. Lol

Again, I was the only guest, and after getting bitten by mossies in the night, I checked out after 1 night .

Well if the Flamingo has closed, that's a pity, since it's the only budget accommodation in Pattaya I would happily consider a return to.    Even if I haven't actually used it since 2013, I've regarded it as an option.  

The corner suite was quite nice, a bit dated, but always clean.   The location was near perfect too.  

On a quiet street.   Near to the Gafae coffee shop.   Within 10 minutes of both Sunnee & Boystown. 

If someone put a gay friendly hotel around there, perhaps somewhat smarter & maybe up to 1500 baht, I would be a customer.

Guest anonone

Never stayed at Flamingo, but agree that a quality gay hotel in that area would be great.

Or if Mosaik would gets beds that don't mimic concrete. Lol

Speaking of hard beds, how is Ganymede doing these days? That was my only complaint about the place last year. How do you guys compare it to some of the places right in Jomtien Plaza? I will be there in a few months barring an unexpected meeting with Saint Peter.

Rock hard beds to seem to be a problem in Thailand, since they range from firm to rock hard. 

They are never soft, but at least the Flamingo had something at the reasonable end of the range.    Would be nice to know of a shop that sells a nice soft mattress topper, just in case I make the mistake of booking into somewhere with hard beds for 2 weeks.

Speaking of hard beds, how is Ganymede doing these days? That was my only complaint about the place last year. How do you guys compare it to some of the places right in Jomtien Plaza? I will be there in a few months barring an unexpected meeting with Saint Peter.

It isn't going to help you as we haven't stayed before, but we have booked to stay here for a week at Christmas

Rock hard beds to seem to be a problem in Thailand, since they range from firm to rock hard. 

I wonder what is wrong with me since I hear those complains constantly and yet can't recall even one case of uncomfortable bed in LOS.

And is not that I pick up proper hotel as i like changing them every 2-3 nights.

Perhaps anesthetic called long time off is at work?