emailbroken

Announcement of national importance

at least we have a taste above how people in Stalinist Russia and other totalitarian countries were communicating.

Nobody said anything but yet all knew what it was said

Thailand has its own set of norms.  They're not mine but not up to me to criticise.  Just trying to approach a practical issue for some of us in a somewhat respectful way.

Why should it matter? People have said overwhelmingly they would still visit regardless of the bars. 

1  Those who have complete freedom on when they book their trip may take information into account & delay their visit if there is a temporary disruption.

2  It is still useful to know what to expect.

Guest ryanasia

1  Those who have complete freedom on when they book their trip may take information into account & delay their visit if there is a temporary disruption.

2  It is still useful to know what to expect.

3. I was being facetious

The bars in Boys town tried to open last night but the police closed them at about 8.30 (though one had a "lock in!"

We are advised that entertainment bars expect an official notice any time now from the police that will enforce closure for either 3 or 7 days including last night but truth is no one seems to know for certain yet, one suggestion is boys town bars might be open but no music, some boys are being told they should turn up for work still!

I will update once I know any more as still planning to head back in to Boys town area tonight though not hopefull of much!

Silom Soi 4 is/was open as usual tonight, just back from there. Maybe quieter than normal Fridays (some patron made a comment to that effect), and it seemed to me there were hardly any Thais but the vast majority was foreigners (both tourists and expats)

Was told DJ Station was closed (unsurprisingly to me), but G.O.D. is open (surprisingly to me)

Also, a bar boy form Soi twilight told me the bars there were open yesterday and would be open tonight (he did go to work)

That's tonight though, and of course doesn't necessarily mean it will be the same tomorrow or in the next 4 weeks....

Last night in Boystown no music outside and minimal lighting but BBB were open but boys in trowsers and music much lower, toy biys also open but being discreet about it, other bars all open apart from Castro and Cupid but all pretty quiet.walking street about half of bars appeared open but much less neon and again music all very low or off!

During the day all appears notmal though understanably a lot of the Thai's not as happy as normal clearly in mourning but all aplear to be trying to ensure visitors are looked after as well as always