Guest DThump

Gaybuttonthai becomes Gaybutton U.S. Election

Most gay Thai forums deal with all thinģs gay with an emphasis on Thailand, not so with Gaybuttonthai as its current focus is almost soley on the U.S. presidential elections, as a Brit I find this strange and am thankful for the other forums that still focus on Thailand.

The topics concerning the USA election on Gaybuttonthai are posted in the Everything Else Forum not in the Thailand Forum.

However they do appear in Recent Topics which is what you first see when viewing Gaybuttonthai.

This forum, Gaythailand also has a Beer Bar Forum for topics not related to Thailand although many posters don't pay much attention to it.

Same same for the Sawatdee Forum.

As for Sawadtee Network it appears that many of it's memebers have little to say since it changed it's format, and Kokopelli you are correct, but it is a shame the election is so prevelant on the first page of the Gaybutton forum recent topic page, it does little to make one want to look further.

Guest ryanasia

If it bothers you so much why bring it here? You could have just left it at that and we wouldn't have been any the wiser. Surely you see the irony of making another thread that brings the problem to this forum? Express your concerns to the admin of that forum. As far as things not being gay or Thailand related these forums are so small and void of quality content that I think it isn't much of an issue.

One way I also believe you can make a change on the forum you are complaining about is to write some of your own content. The front page of the forum will always compete for the content people are most interested in. All topics compete for this space. So you can knock some of it off by writing stuff people want to read.

Alternatively you can also pick through some older threads and try to get renewed discussion going on in these. 

Forums are user generated content and the beauty of that is you can directly contribute and get some threads going that you want to chat about. The negative to this is that your interests aren't always in the majority. 

This is an election year and it seems that you simply aren't interested in American politics. If that is the case you are likely to be disappointed for a little while as this is a big thing for many of us here. It has a greater impact on some of our lives than what the cheapest bar fine is in Boyztown. 

Ask yourself if there is less gay content because of the political threads or would there be anything at all going on keeping that forum alive with out them? 

Ask yourself if there is less gay content because of the political threads or would there be anything at all going on keeping that forum alive with out them?

Sad but true!

post-16940-0-84936700-1478086496_thumb.jpg

Guest ryanasia

It goes back to if the forums should be strictly separated I guess. I personally don't feel there is enough content to strictly use the sub forums. If any of these sites grew to be huge like a Thaivisa or similar then using the sub forums would be more important.

Interestingly enough the only real sub forum on TV that doesn't have to be Thailand orientated is the gay forum. This is because there is so little to talk about and it is such a niche issue that they have to broaden that topic or there would be no content at all. There is very little to read there as it is anyway.

Gaybuttonthai as its current focus is almost soley on the U.S. presidential elections

Yes.  Isn't that just terrible?

Meanwhile, at the time of this post the "Trump Supporters" topic now has 9758 views and is 42 pages long.  I'd say somebody is interested.

The US Presidential election has everything to do with Thailand.  What do you think will happen to gay rights in the USA if Trump is elected?  If you think the way gay rights are handled in the USA have no influence over gay rights and attitudes toward gays in other countries, including Thailand, I suggest thinking again. 

The USA, Thailand, and other countries could end up resembling what was taking place in the UK in the days before the Turing law if Trump and his supporters get the chance to turn the clock back.  That could easily happen under President Trump.  I would hope you're much too intelligent not to see that.

Seems to me a few posters on this board prefer to discuss much more important subjects - such as meatloaf night . . .

Guest ryanasia

Yes.  Isn't that just terrible?

Meanwhile, at the time of this post the "Trump Supporters" topic now has 9758 views and is 42 pages long.  I'd say somebody is interested.

The US Presidential election has everything to do with Thailand.  What do you think will happen to gay rights in the USA if Trump is elected?  If you think the way gay rights are handled in the USA have no influence over gay rights and attitudes toward gays in other countries, including Thailand, I suggest thinking again. 

The USA, Thailand, and other countries could end up resembling what was taking place in the UK in the days before the Turing law if Trump and his supporters get the chance to turn the clock back.  That could easily happen under President Trump.  I would hope you're much too intelligent not to see that.

Seems to me a few posters on this board prefer to discuss much more important subjects - such as meatloaf night . . .

You wouldn't want to ask 

I didn't read much about the US Presidential Election. Downloaded the 1st Presidential debate, watched some of it & I sort of dislike both Trump & Hillary. The election day is approaching & I wonder if there is a general consensus of who is going to win the election. I presume it would be Hillary. To me, it seems to be a choice of the lesser of the two evil. Is that what you guys think?

I didn't read much about the US Presidential Election. Downloaded the 1st Presidential debate, watched some of it & I sort of dislike both Trump & Hillary. The election day is approaching & I wonder if there is a general consensus of who is going to win the election. I presume it would be Hillary. To me, it seems to be a choice of the lesser of the two evil. Is that what you guys think?

How can you say that the most powerful country on this planet would choose two people who are of such low character that the election would come down to who is the lessor of two evils.  Yes, Hillary will  win as she has only, rigged the DNC to support her over Bernie, and cheated by getting the questions from the first Dem. debate.  Thank god the GOP and Trump are concentrating on the emails on her server that she might have compromised, and not on the duplicity that she has not denied doing.  Yes, Hillary will probably be the first women president, but I would not be proud of her accomplishment if I were a women.  There is little difference in my mind between Nixon and Watergate, and this """LADY""".in that she will let nothing get in her way to gain power.  If she was running against anyone but Trump she would lose, but the lucky ""Lady"" has found an opponent that is actually more sleazy then she is.  Please, next time I put  down the Thai government, remind me to shut up until my own comes up to some decent standards.

Let's get real here. 99% of all politicians are crooks either before , during or after their terms.  Obama has been mostly squeaky clean but in 3 months he will cash in making millions for books, speeches , Corp Boards etc.

In Washington the Congress is a group of the most over paid people in the world. They accomplish almost nothing and seldom go to work and get all sorts of free benefits , trips etc etc etc.

Term Limits would be a good start followed by no jobs in the private sector for at least 5 years in any field you ever had any tangential responsibility while serving in the Government. Shorten the campaign to 6 months maximum  and allow no donations, funded by Government only and every candidate gets the same amount.

That's just for starters.  But for now I can live with Hilary. It is about time we elected a woman, the men have been screwing things up for years. Oh and by the way behind the cameras almost all Republicans will admit she was a great Senator willing to work with both sides to get things done.

Something that has not been done since her husband left the office.  So I can still hope????

Guest ryanasia

He can't complain to the admin at GB site because he knows how that would go. As such he has to make a thread here as that is basically his only really means to voice dissent.  That's my take on it.

There is only one evil, and that is Trump. Hillary is flawed but USA will continue on a steady course under her administration. Under  Trump the ship of state will founder. Trump's supporters are the underdogs and the under educated in the USA who don't read, they get their information from sources such as Fox. Then there the die-hard Republicans why can't think for themselves and see the dangers that Trump poses to the USA. And finally those Democrats who's taste for Hillary Clinton is so deep that they would spite themselves and their party and vote for Trump . Sad situation.

What does starting this thread have to do with Gay Thailand?

That topic has less relevance to this forum than the US election has to Thailand.

Sorry I don't agree.

One of the things I like about this forum is that we post about things which affect our lives other than gay sex and as guys have said before we can choose to read them or not..

This is not to deny that Numazu and Ryan are my favourite posters

LOL way to move the political thread to the front page here OP. Well done, kudos to you good Sir.

Funny indeed! "Father forgive them they know not what they do"

I suspect he is a persona non grata on other sites and drags his problems/issues over here.

Very likely. Also a new ID appearing shortly after one of the rare purges on this board. Coincidence, obviously.

Both candidates are a nightmare scenario for the US. One is a nightmare for the rest of the world, apart from perhaps Putin, who will be sniggering up his sleeve.

Nightmare 1 - Trump gets in and starts trying to implement his plans. Civil rights go back 30 years. Obamacare gone. I would say immigration nightmare but it's going to be a joke as there is no way he has the resources to do what he has promised. Gay marriage down the toilet. Abortion rights down the toilet. If he won, he would likely have a majority, though perhaps a hostile one, in congress and perhaps senate. Worse of all he will name at least one, and as many as 3 or 4, justices to SCOTUS Swinging it so far to the right to affect law making for decades.

Nightmare 2 - Clinton gets in and the republicans follow through with their threat to impeach her in the first year and to block anything she tries to do in congress.

US politics is broken. The system was designed for a system where politicians could cooperate. Now the sides are so adversarial, I can't see how anything good can come of the next 4 years.