paulfort

Any Feedback on the Raya Hotel on Surawaong Road?

When traveling, I wish I could charge my stomach at a power plug instead of wasting time looking for a place to eat.

LOL!  I surely agree with you.  Being on the road hungry and looking from the outside at countless eating places makes a skeptical person like me uncomfortable with doubts of what their food might be.  I also wish we could recharge with unqualified electricity like our electronics!  

And travel guides used to be the only way to get help. But one gets so little useful information out of these big books that for a fraction of their weight the smartphone is a much better option. 

Food is one reason I like to stay at Babylon: long, plentiful breakfast (with nice conversation with fellow travelers) and two decent restaurants inside the sauna.  Being an animal of habit I don't mind to eat always the same, and I do so at home.  I have very little interest in eating the local cuisines after I have tasted them already.  I am the worst enemy of fancy chefs...

Reading here about eating a huge breakfast that can cover the whole day reminds me of my habit at home of eating five smaller meals during the day.  But when on vacation WTF!, it's time to enjoy even if it is not so healthy, and for a few days it cannot make much difference.

Hi Guys

Thanks and really appreciate all your feedback........

for me hotel breakfasts are not such an issue, I semi live in hotels in the UK so much prefer whilst on a holiday to get up late and have a leisurely breakfast/lunch wherever rather than the inclusive hotel breakfast option. 

I have booked to stay at Raya for a few days in March, in one of their "Grand Deluxe" rooms, which look a lon nicer than their entry level   so will share my feedback then 

I've been at The Raya now for 6 nights in one of the Grand Deluxe rooms, off to Pattaya today. Back to the Raya in a basic room when I return. Will report when I'm able to compare, but Grand Deluxe has been "grand".

I hope you will treat us with report of your trip. Previous one from May 2016 is still among most liked ones on ' Most Liked content' section.

I'm among those who like Raya and Grand Deluxe room brings memories of  my last birthday when I was entertained by two Tawan boys inside. 

I arrived yesterday around noon. After a long trip from Europe, I hoped room would be ready, but it was not.

Executive suite on top floor is really great!

Bathroom with jacuzzi.

Very close to Soi Twilight, so easy to bring boy to your room.

Breakfast is good, but limited. No hot chocolate, no cold plate with ham and cheese, ...

Do you guys really travel that far to have nice and sumptuous breakfast ?

YES, very nice to wake up and have a choice of Eggs for Breakfast.

In Taipei I often stay at Just Sleep Hotel. The rooms are good but the breakfast is lacking.

A pan of scrambled eggs that are no longer hot. Some boiled eggs, if you like those. And no over easy.

UGH!!!

I booked them for July, first time I have been charged in full in advance for the room (14 nights), usually it's either a deposit (one nights payment) or pay when at the hotel like at Tarntawan. Looking forward to the trip.

I'm always charged in advance when I start at the Tarntawan.

I'd like to try the Raya, as I'd like somewhere a bit more up-market but as I spend most of my time in the sois around the corner, it's so much more convenient.

However, I am tempted.