floridarob

Nice night last night meeting 2 board members

So I got to meet Samebb and Divinemadman (thought it was divine madame,lol)....had a couple of drinks in Hot Boy on soi Twilight...

Perfect spot , only part missing is paulsf sitting there surrounded by his  soi friends.

I agree , meeting fellow posters is one of highlights of my every trip to Thailand

Was great meeting you last night Rob. Yeah, I was a little tied up! Sorry about that. The boys is still sleeping as I write this in the next room, for the second day now! Luckily I didn't have to pay an off-fee last night. He grabbed me as he had finished work and rushed me to a taxi. Sorry to hear about your dud. You should have taken the boy who gave you the leg massage at Hot Male. Hes a horny one. He followed me to the toilet and, well! 

Great meeting Divinemadman also! Even thought I am new here it's great to put names to faces, and also meet up with like-minded people!

I am going to look at my dates today. I might do a VISA run to Hanoi early, say the end of the month. That way I can make it to Pattaya on that first weekend of Feb. Will keep you posted on that one! 

Have a great day!

(and thanks to you, today I am craving Pizza!)

Be careful doing a visa run to Vietnam next week. Tet is coming up and the travel mess has started as all Vietnamese want to get home by Feb 1.

Thanks for the advise. Do you think that will have an impact at the Thai Embassy itself?

Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok? Yes it is probably packed thru next week. I get my visa there and usually takes a couple of days. I'm sure now it would take a week. But the lines to drop off passport and application moves real fast.

I know a lot of Vietnamese boys in Soi Twilight. Many of them left this week because they go by bus and they were having problems getting tickets next week. I was talking to 1 boy that is going Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City next week and can't get a train ticket.

The Vietnamese press has said this will be the biggest New Years for travel in history as the economy is growing and more people working.

I'll have to do a visa run to Hanoi, but I can wait till March.

Suggestion if going to the Vietnamese Embassy....go in the morning.  They close for lunch, and when they reopen it is mainly to turnover what's been already processed such as visa requests from the day before or that morning.  Usually means two trips to the Embassy are involved.  It is not a one stop shop.

Guest abang1961

Samebb,

If Vietnam is not immediately available/viable, consider AirAsia/Tiger Airways/Malindo Air/Jetstar for Singapore.

By the end of Jan, the exodus of people out and perhaps in into Singapore would have ended.

If you really need it, come stay with me... I have a spare queen size bed available to anyone of you, the nice ones.

I believe cambodia have their own different new year, but im not sure if they also celebrate chinese new year. Most south east asia country celebrate them, the different being how many days were allocated for pulic holiday. For malaysia, its 2 days public holiday for most states, with some states only have 1 public holiday.