TotallyOz

USA Airlines Flying into Bangkok or Pet Friendly Airlines

Are there any airlines left that fly into Bangkok from the USA?  Delta stopped its Tokyo to Bangkok fights and now use partner airlines. I am not as familiar with other airlines.  I have a friend that has a dog that needs to ride up top in the cabin.  However, many airlines do not allow this. But, all US airlines will.  Any suggestions?

When Delta stopped flying to BKK via NRT last October it meant there was no US carrier serving BKK. United, which also used to service BKK via NRT, ceased their flight a few years back.

As mentioned all three major US Carriers have code share agreements, but would require a segment flown on a non US Carrier, JAL, ANA, KE, TG, China Eastern/Southern depending on which alliance selected.

Good luck.

Alex and Peter,

I had a young twink who once said that old men should be muzzled when they go into gay bars so they don't drool on themselves. :) 

I have no problem with dogs and in fact, I took my 3 babies with me on about 10 flights from USA to Thailand back when Northwest owned the skies.  They were great companions and I loved them a great deal.  I hope my friend can carry his dog on his trip as he means more to him that most people will ever know. 

Dogs in the cabin ?   (string of expletives here).

I hope to never see, hear or smell that in the cabin of any aircraft I fly on.    Having obnoxious children is bad enough.

Possibly you should win the Lottery and then you will be able to dictate who flies with you on your Private Jet.

I expect to fly on a passenger plane, not a cattle truck.   If they allow dogs, will there be sheep & cattle next ?

I would assume this is an April fool's topic, but it was posted on 02 April.

It must be said, acquiring enough money to take a private jet is an appealing option :).   I just have a few difficulties with the execution of that plan.

Not sure why you would think it was an April Fools Joke. Two links I posted showed many airlines that will allow small pets to ride with the passenger and I have had many passengers with cats but I have not seen dogs but many airlines are completely willing under prescribed circumstances.

Guest ronnie4you

When I have flown with my dogs, their behavior was impeccable. People, on the other hand, could learn a lot from them.

The present quarantine regulations give a quarantine officer the right to detain a pet at the airport quarantine station for up to a month. This from one embassy website

The animals are subjected to quarantine at approved premises for a period of at least 30 (thirty) days upon arrival during which they shall be submitted to tests and/or treatments deemed necessary. The importer/owner shall be fully charged for the incurred expenses.

this is what smokers were saying when first idea of non-smoking flights surfaced

My dear Vinapu this is an idiotic comparison. There will be no banning of screaming children and thus private jet is the only option. Besides smoking forced others people on the plane to inhale their cancer sticks in a confined environment .

Pets have been flying on airplanes far longer then smokers and based on the links I posted it appears it happens enough that airlines have sent guidelines for their travel in the cabin.

Of course it is a rare occurrence since I have never encountered a dog , although numerous cats . Unfortunately I have encountered many screaming babies and am sure I will in the future.

I keep buying Lottery Tickets so I can eliminate the screaming babies on my flights but no luck yet.

I've had dogs who've been important parts of my family, but I wouldn't bring one on board a plane in a passenger cabin. Comfortably and safely crated in another area is fine. 

The biggest problem I can see with it would most likely be from various indulgences by the owners themselves. "Pookie's never bitten anyone before", "She just wants to say hello" "he'll calm down if you just let him lick your face" "Tina! HUSH!" (repeated 100 times), etc. Frankly, the owners would often benefit from some obedience training... and not of the recreational variety.

All too often they think their animal can do no wrong, but, as much as we can love them, they're animals. Some children can act like animals - as can adults - but that's also on the parent or guardian or individual.