spoon

Trip report: Bangkok, Hua Hin, Kanchanaburi July-Aug

Day without boy in bed is OK but night?

Sadly my night was also uneventful. Too tired to go out, and i rather be alone in my room after such ordeal. I still have 3 more night in bkk without any day trip planned though.

And i have 2 credit cards with me all the time just in case of emergency but it wont be of use when im on a trip outside bkk. None of the small street vendors or even the small restaurants wont be accepting cc. My mistake was i didnt take into account that ill be offing dreamboy 44 that night, and i didnt take time to bring my foreign cash with me as well, which is enough to get me around 7k thb, all the while thinking i can just withdraw money from atm. But still, it is possible to live the day in thailand with as little as 100 thb (20 thb breakfast, 35 thb lunch, 20thb dinner and 10thb bottled water). Its not a feast but enough to keep my stomach from growling.

And to top things off, it has to happen right after my friend had went back lol. Some of the setback of travelling alone i guess, with another means i had to dine alone. Lol

Hua Hin via train 27th July & 28th July

It's a bit stuffy initially, but as soon as the cars started to speed up, the wind from the opened windows really is great.

We walk straight out of the train station and start walking trying to find taxi at the main road, and couldnt see any normal taxi like what they have in bangkok. So we head to the tuktuk area and asked them to send us to our hotel. They quoted us 150 thb, and we tried to haggle to no avail, so we decided to accept the fee.

I don't like wind blowing through open windows in buses and trains at all! It irritates my eyes, blows in my book or newspaper, and on train during all kind of plant matter, insects, and soot (from burning dry plants/wood) blows in.

From my travels all over Thailand I have found Bangkok taxis to be the most comfortable and cheap way of private transport. Everything else I had was much more expensive and much less comfortable.

By the way, talking about seniors, it is worth remembering that if you are in the otherwise unfortunate position of being 70 or over, ...

???  In the years I am over 70 I find only advantages to it.

And I am not even talking about the huge advantage of being retired.

Banks can be incredibly dim with security.

Payments like annual house insurance can flag a warning call & after several years, the idiots still block the occasional transfer to my stockbroker. Yet setting up Transferwise & moving thousands offshore is no problem.

So when travelling I like to have cash, several ATM cards & a Thai ATM card. Build in some redundancy.

Your Thai ATM card can be replaced in branch.

I second what Jasper said, great and very readable report.

Your assessment of Nantra Silom is very fair although I'm surprised you had issues with room cleanliness , perhaps they start slacking which is not good, I never had such issue there specially that modern ambiance makes it very easy to clean all corners. But location is close to perfection and value for money is great so after demise on Om Yim,  Nantra is my first choice now.

They have only 3 types of room , no closet in either one but I find it to be of no issue as like OP I travel lightly.

Since you did not employ rule of taking only boy who smiles at you it's always a risk that it will be shortage of chemistry  and I'm glad encounter with Mekhin went pretty well.

I'm glad you like #25 at Jupiter, I know him from Tawan and am glad he is doing well at his new bar.  

My experience is not recent, but all I needed was a passport, a mobile phone number and an address scribbled down on a piece of paper (with the word hotel omitted). 

The first branch said no, the second said yes.   So be prepared to try a few. 

I second what Jasper said, great and very readable report.

Your assessment of Nantra Silom is very fair although I'm surprised you had issues with room cleanliness , perhaps they start slacking which is not good, I never had such issue there specially that modern ambiance makes it very easy to clean all corners. But location is close to perfection and value for money is great so after demise on Om Yim, Nantra is my first choice now.

They have only 3 types of room , no closet in either one but I find it to be of no issue as like OP I travel lightly.

Since you did not employ rule of taking only boy who smiles at you it's always a risk that it will be shortage of chemistry and I'm glad encounter with Mekhin went pretty well.

I'm glad you like #25 at Jupiter, I know him from Tawan and am glad he is doing well at his new bar.

On second thought, maybe the one i almost of was #25 instead of 28. He is muscular but a bit short, manly looking and a bit older look, maybe in his 30s. I cant remember exactly which is which. Another guy was tall though.

When i say the room isnt clean, doesnt mean the sheets are dirty nor the floor, but the bathroom exhaust fans and the aircond filter and around the fan is collecting dusts and havent been clean for a while. Other than that, its actually still acceptable and i spent 4 nights there, without any urges to leave the hotel and book a different one.

Great report again.

I really enjoyed reading about your experience with Mekhin especially the part where you called the Tawan-like muscle boy to sit with you without knowing who he was. haha

#25 is also exTawan.

He looked a bit different than picture shared here, and of course he was wearing shirt on stage most of the time except during show, or otherwise i wouldve see his superman tattoo lol. Nevertheless, the big arms is a dead giveaway that he is tawan material.

And there is another benefit for seniors, one of the cards (MRT) is half price!  I bought that card first and than tried to buy the senior discount card at Silom station for the BTS system but was told they do not have senior discount cards!?

They do have senior discount cards, but not for farang.

By the way, i was impressed with the guy who did the hula hoop show, so much so that i tipped the guy 100thb. That took some real skills to do what he does. He isnt my type though

In my opinion Mr. Boom is the star of the show. Glad you also appreciated his skill. An amazing young man.

OMG..why u not recognised our superstar mekhin at first place..its weird..LOL..

Yeah, i have a feeling that its mekhin, but i dont want to assume and be wrong later. Either way, he does stood out from the rest of the boys there, and he is shaven, clean, short hair, neatly combed, quite fashion aware with his street cloth too lol

You're making great use of your time, that's for sure.

Always disappointed when guy doesn't shower after with me for practical and well as erotic reasons: it's not easy to get that oil off your back.  If he doesn't, I don't choose him again.

That's one of he reasons I like Banana Club where the boy always showers before and after with you.