reader

What a waste

If authorities in Pattaya want to crack down on something that will have a positive effect on the community, it would be hard to find a better example than reckless driving. Three people killed and the sum of their ages is estimated at only 65 years.

You might lose your money and your heart in the bars, but you knew that before you went in.  These poor souls lost everything in a few seconds of mayhem totally devoid of any pleasure.  What a waste.

From Bangkok Post

c1_1392918_620x413.jpg

CHON BURI: A Russian man riding a powerful motorbike with a Thai woman on the backseat ran into a South Korean pedestrian, killing all three of them, in Pattaya beach township early on Tuesday.

The triple-death crash occurred on Pattaya Road heading to Jomthien beach in front of Soi Pattaya 7 in tambon Nong Plue, Bang Lamung district, shortly after midnight.

Police and rescue workers called to the scene found an unidentified Thai woman, aged 20-25, unconscious on the road with serious injuries. She was rushed to a nearby hospital but died soon after.

A 22-year-old Russian, identified as Aleksandr Zakharov, was found dead in a pool of blood. The body of a South Korean man, identified later as Yongseok Choi, 20, was found nearby. A totally wrecked Kawazaki Z900 motorcycle with a Chon Buri licence plate was lying about 200 metres away.

Witnesses told police the motorbike was travelling at high speed with the Thai woman riding pillion. It hit the South Korean man as he was crossing the road with other people.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1392918/three-killed-in-tourists-big-bike-crash-in-pattaya

The girl pillion was well-known and popular to many of us from Soi 6; Nessy from Toy Box Bar.

Actually she was, by chance, the last girl I short-timed, a couple of years back before Boyztown claimed me completely. A lovely girl, friendly, fun and with a heartwarming smile.

The bike driver was her young Russian boyfriend and sadly they habitually rode without helmets, and, by all accounts, at speed.

And as for the poor young Korean pedestrian just crossing the road ............ I just hope he never knew what hit him.

Three young lives snuffed out in an instant

May they all R.I.P.

We can get overwhelmed at the waste and injustice of so much suffering happening abruptly in horrific accidents occurring daily. For the three people in this accident the end of the world came in an instant.

But this is our view on this side of the line.  No one knows what lies on the other side. There is a probability that the people who transition into death are then AHEAD of us. It does not hurt to be optimistic.

No possibility and no probability. Wishful thinking.

I might be a wishful thinker, but the probability of anything outside exact sciences having a ZERO probability should be very low.

And about possibility, only that what is proven impossible has zero possibility.  Which leaves infinite  other things with possibilities.

Is the cup half full or is it half empty? Or is there even a cup!

Some things don't care if their cap is half full or half empty, because unless it is totally full, they are worthless.

A car with half its parts belongs to a junkyard.

Also a beautiful speculation, dogma is worthless unless there is definite proof. But it can be interesting nonetheless.

Some things don't care if their cap is half full or half empty, because unless it is totally full, they are worthless.

A car with half its parts belongs to a junkyard.

This is very enlightening.  Had no idea my car could care one way or the other.

Be assured that if your car has half a tank of fuel it remains perfectly fine.  No need to consign to junkyard.

This is very enlightening.  Had no idea my car could care one way or the other.

Be assured that if your car has half a tank of fuel it remains perfectly fine.  No need to consign to junkyard.

You must not have much experience with cars. 

A car can have its fuel tank half full (or half empty) and still not be able to move!

A car can have its fuel tank half full (or half empty) and still not be able to move!

This is where you enter the picture; you then must drive it someplace.

Just saved you thousands of dollars, Stevie, because you were on the verge of junking a perfectly fine automobile.

There is no need to thank me.

I agree with you Vessey.  This thread was perfectly in topic until "reader" found the word "car" in one example I gave related to the topic, and he used it to attack me with a twisted post about automobile tanks full or empty.  He intentionally derailed the conversation to blame me for what he had started.