reader

Vietnamese Boys

At risk of repetition, I'll summarize my thoughts:

Availability  -Very Limited

•   Pattaya: I don't recall encountering one, despite numerous lads from Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & just a few from Myanmar.
  •   Bangkok: Have encountered 2~3, but have never had one in my hotel room, due to a lack of their willingness to offer any service & one with ID card irregularities.
  •   The exceptionally cute ones at the host bar on Soi Twilight seem to be there as bait, since they can neither host a conversation nor are they prepared to provide other services.
  •   Vietnam: On a 11 day trip, the limit of it was 3~4 massages & no one visiting my room.  Admittedly I was off colour for about 3 days in Siagon, so wasn't looking that hard.  A couple of the massages in Hanoi were exceptional. 
  • The only one I remember offing to my hotel was in Singapore about 9 years ago.

I think other members have reported similar issues, although there are a couple of positive reports as well.

There is at least one forum contributor with a Vietnamese BF.  So all is not lost.

Just to add a bit - perpahs, it's a cultural thing because Vietnam is the most communist country from SEA?

Guys, what are your views on Russians? Honestly?

That we are a bit rude and pushy? Yep, because how you can trust a person, if it could be a communist party informant? So you have to be suspicious to strangers :))). And all these double standards when newspaper and TV (controlled by the government) tell one story about the world and you see another story by your own eyes - should one trust words or better not? These are the rules of living in communist countries...

Of course, it is unconscious thing - we just raised with it in our DNA - that we are surrounded by enemies :))

Does it mean Russians couldn't be fun and loyal friends? Of course not (that's to DivineMadMan and Paulsf' friendship with Vietnamese guys), but generally the outer world is perceived as a dangerous place and you shouldn't budge - it's a kind of subcouncious attitude :))

So perhaps it's a bit cultural? Communist society heritage?

Guys, what are your views on Russians? Honestly?

That we are a bit rude and pushy?

I don't find Russians more rude or pushy than others, what I find lacking though,  it's smile.

Now I start wondering if that may also be a case with Vietnamese. Certainly I don't recall any bad experience with Viet boys  but somehow  I offed them very rarely and certainly not because some prejudices.  Reason for that may be lack of smile as my rule nr. 1 is - engage boy who is smiling at you only

I know of a Viet boy working in Cupidol & Prisma (Both were at my B'day party last week)

Also know one working in Power Boys and of one that works in Toyboys

In addition most of the "toilet boys" in Tum Nan Chon and Tum Nan Issan are Vietnamese

So plenty Vietnamese guys in Pattaya!

Three Vietnamese boys known to be working in the bars. This is not zero, but calling it plenty is pushing it.

In Pattaya, my numbers look like:

1   Laos population  = 6.76 million & about 30% of my offs are from Laos

2   Cambodia population = 15.8 million & about 20% of my offs are from Cambodia.

3   Vietnam population = 92.7 million & exactly 0% of my offs in Pattaya are from Vietnam.

Of course, after I make selections based on appearance, body language etc, I just off whatever nationality he is & there is no filtering.

Incidentally, what are "toliet boys" ?   

Three Vietnamese boys known to be working in the bars. This is not zero, but calling it plenty is pushing it.

In Pattaya, my numbers look like:

1   Laos population  = 6.76 million & about 30% of my offs are from Laos

2   Cambodia population = 15.8 million & about 20% of my offs are from Cambodia.

3   Vietnam population = 92.7 million & exactly 0% of my offs in Pattaya are from Vietnam.

Of course, after I make selections based on appearance, body language etc, I just off whatever nationality he is & there is no filtering.

Incidentally, what are "toliet boys" ?   

Toilet boys are toilet attendants.... The guys that hang around the toilets giving unwanted neck massages when you are at urinal or try to sell you toilet paper if you go to the cubicles

They usually have a rice cooker to give you a heated towel to dry your hands after you have washed them.

My tough luck!  that precisely the ethnic group I'm most attracted to has such a low participation.

I wonder if it would be possible to breed Vietnamese and Thais so that the product is a species of boys that have the bodies of Vietnamese and the character of Thais...

about 30% of my offs are from Laos

the same here , no filtering but somehow , I wonder why , Lao boys seem to be over represented among my best and multiple offs and thanks God and Lao parents for that

My experience with boys from communist Laos is that they are very sweet and more humble than many other asians. No similarity with russians at all.

Love some Lao boys too. One was introduced to me by Vinapu (thanks!). Another one I tried to introduce to Vinapu, later he reported that he saw the boy, but decided he is a Vietnamese - so counsionsly not testing this water he didn't approach the boy, hehehe ;)

That's about Pattaya.

Regarding communism in Lao - as I understand, it was not so powerful and so penetrated as in Vietnam, luckily. Some shallow things in cities above traditional agrarian society. Of course it's my own understanding.

Funny thing - it's only Lao boys who tried to hold my hand in my soi (Jomtien). Actually the last one - not approached by Vinapu, - was guessed as 'a Lao' by this holding hand gesture. My idea is that they feel themselves more freely in another country, so doesn't matter what all these people around you think...

I don't find Russians more rude or pushy than others, what I find lacking though,  it's smile.

Now I start wondering if that may also be a case with Vietnamese. Certainly I don't recall any bad experience with Viet boys  but somehow  I offed them very rarely and certainly not because some prejudices.  Reason for that may be lack of smile as my rule nr. 1 is - engage boy who is smiling at you only

Because a Russian smile is 'genuine', it means the smiling person really likes you (but doesn't need something from you). And as Russians generally suspicious to strangers - why should we smile to these unknown [potentially dangerous] people?! No smiles, only hardcore! ;)

So for me, smiles actually needs translation - Western smiles and double so Asian smiles...

Because a Russian smile is 'genuine', it means the smiling person really likes you (but doesn't need something from you). And as Russians generally suspicious to strangers - why should we smile to these unknown [potentially dangerous] people?! No smiles, only hardcore! ;)

So for me, smiles actually needs translation - Western smiles and double so Asian smiles...

Seems a bit complicated but I'm sure you've found a way to work around it or you wouldn't keep returning. ;)

This makes sense.  Smiles in a way are cultural.  So is kissing.  I understand that Russian men have no problems kissing each other, even on the lips.  So perhaps a person like Vinapu can be satisfied by a Russian boy who instead of smiling at him will kiss him? (I personally have too little experience with Russian boys to have a strong opinion)

So perhaps a person like Vinapu can be satisfied by a Russian boy who instead of smiling at him will kiss him? (I personally have too little experience with Russian boys to have a strong opinion)

Vinapu still requires smile and because he can communicate with Russian boys in their language it's easier for him to extract that smile from Russian boys

Reading about the police raid tonight in Sunee, the Vietnamese boys aren’t still able to work in Twilight without scrutiny. The waiters are still wearing street clothes and a few boys are in the shows, but not so much in the normal rotation.

this people hunting is disgusting but hopefully boys can out wait that wave of police hostility

If the target was to merely prevent illegal working, managing that issue by raids seems totally irrational.

Most of the bar boys from Cambodia & Laos do monthly border runs to Cambodia, obviously as it's the cheapest border run. So their passports are stuffed full of exactly the same stamps.   I suppose it's the same for the Vietnamese.

If the purpose is merely to stop illegal working, then a computer system that reads the passport number & counts how many times it's been stamped in & stamped out would be a good start.     Then for anyone spending more than 50% of their time in Thailand, demand to see evidence that they are supporting themselves with external funds.

So I guess the raids are more of a fundraising scheme.    

Discouraging all the overseas workers is a pity.  I guess that's why all the cute twinks disappeared from Cupidol so quickly, leaving the bar with no one of any interest.  

thailand-unemployment-rate.png?s=thlmuer

With the Thai unemployment rate hovering around 1%, it's clear the country needs workers from neighboring ones. The government collects entry fees on each border run so it's not as if it wasn't benefiting, along with the baht these workers spend for rent, food and other essentials that boosts the overall economy.

Many work in the construction and hospitality sectors, jobs not particularly popular with Thais.

More important to readers here, they're among the reasons we travel long distances to see them. That makes us high-value, repeat visitors, the very kind the tourism industry claims it's seeking.