reader

Vietnamese Boys

Many work in the construction and hospitality sectors, jobs not particularly popular with Thais.

Also, the adult entertainment sector, which is essentially a form of hospitality.

By my reckoning, if  you permit overseas workers to work in some unpopular jobs, like building AND you allow an adult entertainment industry to flourish, there is no logical reason to stop overseas people working in the adult entertainment industry.  

Preserving the money boy jobs for your own nationals would be an unlikely policy.   

So unless the building industry has been made a special case, I suppose some kind of pay offs are behind it all ?

So unless the building industry has been made a special case, I suppose some kind of pay offs are behind it all ?

At least with the pay-offs the Thais have are a rationale in (mis)handling immigrant work force, which is better (in my opinion) than the motivation for doing it in the US, which is pure hate.

As of last nite about 10 Vietnamese boys still working in Twilight. All but one will be gone by next weekend.

Little easing from police. The wait staff were back in work clothes, minus ties. Those will probably come back in a day or so.

Many boys left early this year because of police issues, but I was told they will start coming back immediately after Tet, as they need to get back to work.

The topic is Vietnamese boys, so anything about Vietnamese boys, where they work, where they are permitted to work etc is relevant.

US matters belong on a different thread.

On a very recent trip to Soi Twilight, I met at least 10 Vietnamese guys in less than an hour. They are there but you need to find one of their regular customers and hang with them and you get to meet them all.  I also took one but a nice Cambodian lad caught my attention and I like visiting all countries!

On a very recent trip to Soi Twilight, I met at least 10 Vietnamese guys in less than an hour.

This is intriguing.    10 per hour is quite some rate.

Most of the bars are gogo bars, so are you having a large number of them sit with you ?   

Or was it at the Scorpion host bar (or whatever it's called) near the far end of the soi ?

I meet about 1 guy per hour in the Soi Twilight gogo bars (although I would typically not stay more than about 40 minutes in a bar).  If the conversation works out, we leave together.   If it doesn't work, I might get the numbers up to 2 per hour. 

At 380 baht per drink, I'm not inviting too many to sit with me.

This is intriguing.    10 per hour is quite some rate.

Most of the bars are gogo bars, so are you having a large number of them sit with you ?   

Or was it at the Scorpion host bar (or whatever it's called) near the far end of the soi ?

I meet about 1 guy per hour in the Soi Twilight gogo bars (although I would typically not stay more than about 40 minutes in a bar).  If the conversation works out, we leave together.   If it doesn't work, I might get the numbers up to 2 per hour. 

At 380 baht per drink, I'm not inviting too many to sit with me.

You are sitting with the wrong people. :)  They are not on stage but hang around with their regular guys they know.  I think my post above sounded like I took the Vietnamese guy. I didn't. I liked one but a cute little Cambodian caught my attention. 

Now, ask me why the Cambodian can dance on stage and the Vietnamese can't?  I don't know.

As I have said elsewhere....75-80% of the guys in Screwboys are Viet so easy enough to find 10+ in a hurry, but I guess that's not quite Soi Twilight to be fair to the posts above

But agreed it does get easier to find them once your 'plugged' into the network somewhat

As I have said elsewhere....75-80% of the guys in Screwboys are Viet so easy enough to find 10+ in a hurry, but I guess that's not quite Soi Twilight to be fair to the posts above

But agreed it does get easier to find them once your 'plugged' into the network somewhat

Next time I visit BKK I will make Screwboys one of my priorities.

I would like to get 'plugged' into the network of Vietnamese, not necessarily into the boys themselves.  :lol:

I agree , I 'm mightily upset with results of recent local elections in Tuvalu 

You should also be concerned about Global Warming, since Tuvalu has some low-laying areas that could be affected by the raise in sea levels.  If you buy any real estate there, try to do it at least 100 miles inland.

You really hold a grudge. Last elections there were in 2015.   ;)

You should not immediately look for a grudge, but his sense of fairness could be behind his upset over the Tuvaru elections.  And... why are you trolling away from the topic of the thread, the Vietnamese boys?  You should instead comment on the Vietnamese in Tuvalu.

You've always been a troll, Stevie, but now I see that you're a dumb troll to boot. Tuvalu's only 10 square miles.

Not by far as dumb as you.  Now you not only troll me, but vinapu as well,  all with the sense of humor of a cow in labor.  Again, why you depart from "Vietnamese boys"?

Stevie, you're the consummate troll. You try to drive members off the board with your self-centered drivel and gibberish posts. I really don't care that you were once married, fathered a child and then decided that you prefer young males instead, although I sure it came as a relief to your ex. Nor do I care that your primary criteria in judging men is whether their hips are of sufficient girth to support childbirth.  Likewise, i don't give a crap to hear about your obsession with your healthy and perfect body or your compulsion to instruct others in how they might attain one, also.

You contribute nothing of value and seek only to disrupt for your own perverse entertainment..

Here's how you persisted in persuading Namaz--one of the most entertaining and well-followed members--that it wasn't worth posting here any longer:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:57 AM
Numazu,  reading your songkran report I had a mixture of nostalgia and satisfaction.  Nostalgia for last year's songkran which I enjoyed very much with a fraction of your activities, and satisfaction for being content at home just reading about your doings.  My head got a little winded reading all your coming and going, place hooping, foods and friends gluttony, endless water battles.  I have the endurance for all that, but I would be a 50, 30, 20.  50% of the time enjoyable, 30% of it with a neutral feeling of having an experience, and 20% with desires for all that to end soon.  Given the choice, I prefer to be a little under-entertained or under-celebrated than over-entertained, over-celebrated.
Hopefully on return you could explain to your BF the disfavor of leaving a relationship issue in suspense...  "will leave it for when you come back"...  Perhaps he should either not have mentioned it at all, or have discussed it right there to completion.  After all, in today's world you can have video talks for hours, and this time lost to sleep but with the issue resolved would have let you sleep much better thereafter. 
---------------
Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:49 AM
About Numazu,  I am not a moralist and in no way I condemn him.  He is promiscuous like most we are here in different degrees.  It must be in our genes.  I don't judge him but I DESCRIBE him.  There is an element of excess that stands out, although "pathological" may be a little strong.  He says he is 36 y.o. but his obsession with sex fits more a teenager, not an adult at an age where one is normally focused on work and career and eventually family and children (even gays we can have family and children, haha.)  If now he is so desperate to run around the globe in search of sex workers to pay,  what... what will he have left for the time he is twice his age like me?  I think there is time for everything, and to become a sex tourist is best for people who have done their duty, are retired with little or no responsibilities, with plenty of time and money to enjoy... like me!
---------------
Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:26 AM
At that age I traveled the world as much or more than Numazu, not as a sex tourist but working for a multinational company in the oil industry. I had my sexcapades but I was not obsessed with them like I wasn't obsessed with food or booze.  My fascination with the guy is the time and effort he dedicates to his sexcapades and the writing about them. Doesn't he have a life... besides sex?  There is a long way between that and "rationing".

Two more boys told me they are not coming back after New Years in Vietnam. Again tired of police.

Also heard a few boys have gone over to Super A. I’ve never been so not sure. But police only seem to bother boys in Twilight.

perhaps we will see some resurrection of soi 6 which once upon the time was quite viable alternative to soi Twilight  with Solid and Tomahawk bars quite busy and well stocked with talent..

Super A used to be a dump in last few years but  recently they spruced it up   a bit and I was nicely surprised in September with what I saw there   

Reader and Steveboy, please leave Tuvalu problems to us Tuvalans and don't even try to suggest foreign i.e. Vietnamese intervention,  

perhaps we will see some resurrection of soi 6 which once upon the time was quite viable alternative to soi Twilight  with Solid and Tomahawk bars quite busy and well stocked with talent..

Super A used to be a dump in last few years but  recently they spruced it up   a bit and I was nicely surprised in September with what I saw there   

The soi 6 neighborhood has a several things going for it. One, it already hosts various entertainment venues. Two, it's off the beaten path so less likely to "offend" the hi-so. Three, rent should be lower.  Like the idea.

....please leave Tuvalu problems to us Tuvalans and don't even try to suggest foreign i.e. Vietnamese intervention,  

Understand that Vietnam has acquired a frigate from the Laos Navy and is steaming toward Tuvalu as I write.

I'm sure you'll happy to know Steveboy has been banned.  He had been warned a few times and even suspended once.

Delighted.   

Some regular pruning is needed to keep a nice shape to the tree  & ensure people with something positive to say are not put off by the trolls.

Anyway, we had better get back to Vietnamese boys.

Somebody mentioned Scorpion Bar. Heard right now there are no boys working there.

A lot of the Vietnamese boys started there because he would always hire, then they could look around for better jobs.

Now the boys have a pretty good network for jobs and don’t go to Scorpion.

That makes sense & if the network is mainly in Bangkok, I guess that's why there are, as far as we can tell, proportionately fewer Vietnamese working in Pattaya.