hank75

Boys and their friends

I eat out every night with my regular guy in Pattaya, and quite often with my "friend" in Bangkok. It's always just the two of us, although I have suggested they can invite some friends.

I always leave the choice of restaurant up to them. So far, neither has suggested any place remotely considered high dining. If they did, I'd have to go out and buy suitable attire, as shorts and Nikes just wouldn't cut it.

We tend to go to the same places -MK, Mango Tree or any Japanese restaurant in Bangkok, and Fuji, MK or any steak restaurant in Pattaya. Both take lots of photos of the food and post them on social media.

If my guy in Pattaya suggests Sizzler, I just hide my disappointment behind a smile and off we go.

Maybe they are intimidated by the thought of eating in a high-end restaurant. I've never asked them.

A number of years ago I met up with a German friend in Paris who had arranged to take me out for my birthday. He told me to dress nicely for the night.

We ended up in a very posh restaurant and to be honest, I felt a bit uncomfortable, as everything was totally over the top. Also, there were a lot of dishes I couldn't eat, (foie gras, anybody? Yuk!!) I would have been happier with a pizza!

So if they do feel intimidated, I can well understand why.

I know we have covered this extensively in another thread, which I shall look up too. What is the protocol for this? Do you tip boys daily or just operate on the understanding it is a holiday with expenses covered?

if you take boy from bar, yes , you should tip him daily and also pay his off fee for a period / negotiate volume discount because of multiple nights /.

Covering just expenses probably would't work as like all of us , some expenses are fixed and needs to be paid whether we are home or on vacations / rent /. It may work if trip is very short, 2-3 days but still if you are sleeping together you should tip him for that part.

if you take boy from bar, yes , you should tip him daily and also pay his off fee for a period / negotiate volume discount because of multiple nights /.

Covering just expenses probably would't work as like all of us , some expenses are fixed and needs to be paid whether we are home or on vacations / rent /. It may work if trip is very short, 2-3 days but still if you are sleeping together you should tip him for that part.

Good Lord. Yes, you tip them, negotiate multiple days but still be generous they are with you 24 / 7 and they are working. You're on vacation not them. You are their job and it's best we all realize that.

Yes, you tip them, negotiate multiple days but still be generous they are with you 24 / 7 and they are working. You're on vacation not them. You are their job and it's best we all realize that.

Any time spent with a guy, no matter where you are and what you do together, must be paid for.

Being with farang is work.

not that I disagree but like with most things,  there are many flavors.

My experience with discussed task is narrow - only 2 times , but both on guy's  initiative and quite intensive insistence so I could see an element of guy's  vacation , not just a work in an idea.   

Pattaya guy taken for 5 days to Bangkok - he insisted on handing over  off fee by himself and asked me not to mention trip  to the bar so likely pocketed it  which I couldn't care less about as expense was budgeted and  it was billed at discount.

On top of me covering expenses we negotiated 1000 baht a day stipend and 3000 / night  if we spent night together with 3  nights out of 5 guaranteed - quite elaborate arrangements as you can see.I even rented him separate room in case I will be hosting other guests. 

Bangkok guy taken to Pattaya for just 2 days , all he asked for was me to pay off fee at the bar and expenses and when upon return to Bangkok I gave him 7000 baht for his troubles / we had a lot of fun there / he was quite reluctant to take it and I'm sure he did not fake it.  

Good Lord. Yes, you tip them, negotiate multiple days but still be generous they are with you 24 / 7 and they are working. You're on vacation not them. You are their job and it's best we all realize that.

I understand and fully agree, with the one caveat that the boy in question has been asking to visit my home country - in which case, most definitely he is the one on vacation not me. Yes of course I have the pleasure of his company, but I already have that in Bangkok which is the overall more enjoyable location for me.

I've met a number of guys over the years ago have been lucky enough to go on holiday overseas with a farang. Judging by the photos and their stories, they all had the time of their lives.

I never asked them if they got paid. Maybe some didn't.

If a guy declines to accept any payment, feeling the holiday itself is enough reward, then good on him. Afterall, some farang appear to spare no expense, starting at high -end hotels and taking the guys to expensive restaurants.

But I think the default position is that you pay them. I would always talk to them about their expectations first.

I don’t have the heart to deprive him of (me) treating his friends, but I may start to suggest some lower cost alternatives if a larger group shows up. Any ideas on what these could be?

What city do you visit and which clubs have you been to?

With the majority of my offs, we go straight from the bar to a club of some sort... i like to get to know my guys,,, and inevitably we end up inviting some of his and some of my friends along...

In BKK with its early closing hours it is easy enough to keep costs in check.

Also, unlike the BKK gogo bars, BKK clubs tend to be a lot cheaper than those in Pattaya

But in Pattaya with its late closing a night out often ends at 9 am the next morning!

Sinlapin Issan and Tumnan Issan are a lot cheaper than the likes of NAB, Differ or Hollywood

With the majority of my offs, we go straight from the bar to a club of some sort... i like to get to know my guys,,, and inevitably we end up inviting some of his and some of my friends along...

Am I correct that you pay then for long time? Sounds to me the above is a long time off if you take him first to a bar before you take him to your hotel.

Am I correct that you pay then for long time? Sounds to me the above is a long time off if you take him first to a bar before you take him to your hotel.

I don't differentiate between LT and ST, I also don't discuss sex or tips in the bar...I just take off and see where the night takes us!

BTW for clarity my Thai BF is usually with me too, the off can sometimes be for me, sometimes for him, sometimes for both... it all depends on chemistry

I don't differentiate between LT and ST, I also don't discuss sex or tips in the bar...I just take off and see where the night takes us!

BTW for clarity my Thai BF is usually with me too, the off can sometimes be for me, sometimes for him, sometimes for both... it all depends on chemistry

But if you don't discuss it the boy can be under the impression he will be taken to your hotel and after sex be back in the bar one hour later. In stead he finds himself dragged from bar to bar and only then the hotel and then being paid off with 2000 baht because money wasn't discussed, so he can't complain ? I don't understand boys dont discuss their price first. Because after the fact it's too late to complain.

What city do you visit and which clubs have you been to?

In BKK with its early closing hours it is easy enough to keep costs in check.

Also, unlike the BKK gogo bars, BKK clubs tend to be a lot cheaper than those in Pattaya

But in Pattaya with its late closing a night out often ends at 9 am the next morning!

Sinlapin Issan and Tumnan Issan are a lot cheaper than the likes of NAB, Differ or Hollywood

Just Bangkok, and trust me the boys know exactly where to go to stay out until 4 am! I have been to all sorts of clubs but Fake and Thonglor clubs do blow a hole in one’s wallet.