PeterRS

The Washington Riot - Arnold Schwarzenegger Gets It Right

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

I agree , quite moving and quite to the point, but will Trump supporters listen?

No, they are morons. Every one of them. Sorry, that is rude. If they still support Trump today, they are unpatriotic, unAmerican, and traitors.

Yes, I actually do believe this.

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

will Trump supporters listen?

I doubt they'll even watch or they'll just shut it off as soon as they realize Schwarzeneggar is speaking against Trump.

The fact that anyone would still support Trump and would want him leading the USA - well, I think many of you are aware of my "I Don't Get It" list - and I definitely don't get it.  I never understood why anyone ever supported him in the first place.

5 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

I never understood why anyone ever supported him in the first place.

perhaps they watched and liked "The Apprentice ?

I liked it , specially first season but it did not make me liking Trump -  but who knows, may be some  were more softhearted toward him?

Those following the Capitol Hill riot have become familiar with the positions of the Chief of Capitol Police and the sergeants-at-arms of the Senate and the House of Representatives, all of whom have since resigned their posts. But you’ve probably heard little about their boss, the “Architect of the Capitol”. For someone who flies so low below the radar, his authority is so broad that he is the most powerful non-elected official on the Hill. A CEO of sorts.

How could an architect hold sway over the those whose titles suggest overt responsibility for security and law enforcement? Well, to begin with, he doesn’t necessarily have to be an actual architect.  Second, he doesn’t have to pass an exam. And third, and most important, he does have to have political connections.

Unlike the sergeants-at-arms who are appointed by the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate, the Architect serves at the pleasure of the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

The current Architect is J. Brett Blanton, nominated by Trump and confirmed by voice vote of the senate to a 10-year-term in 2019. To learn more about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Blanton

Blanton hasn’t totally escaped attention. Some have also been calling for his resignation: https://www.archpaper.com/2021/01/after-capitol-is-breached-calls-for-the-architect-of-the-capitol-removal/

It was 28 years ago that the Architect’s role was popularized in Murder in the Senate, a novel co-authored by then Senator William S. Cohen, who later served as Secretary of Defense under Bill Clinton. I pulled the book off the shelf last week and find it even more timely now than when I first read it. I recommend it highly if you want to learn more about the all the places the rioters did—and did not—manage to invade and the role of politics in every phase of events on Capitol Hill. Btw, it’s about the murder of a senator.

Although now out of print, used copies can be found on Amazon, EBay and other sites.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/iocAAOSwcuRa3jwB/s-l300.jpg

I watched the video and have to agree with him, he put it so well, unfortunately from what I have read today and yesterday it looks like there is going to be big trouble coming both before and on inauguration day. Link below to a news story below, just an example of what I have read recently, I think the National guards are going to be in high demand 

Disturbing news story  

13 hours ago, reader said:

....Capitol Hill campus that will need to be defended in the days leading up to the inauguration.

True , but still sounds surreal beyond measure even if it's true.   Americans defending against attacking Americans that's awful thought when one think about it.  

Incitement to that should be capital offense ,  one who seeds  a wind should harvest a storm.

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

True , but still sounds surreal beyond measure even if it's true.   Americans defending against attacking Americans that's awful thought when one think about it. 

Members of the National Guard are given weapons before Democrats begin debating one article of impeachment against President Trump, outside the US Capitol in Washington, DC, on Wednesday, January 13.

Members of the National Guard are given weapons before Democrats begin debating one article of impeachment against President Trump, outside the US Capitol in Washington, DC, on Wednesday, January 13. Joshua Roberts/Reuters