TotallyOz

RIP Lurkerspeaks

It is with deep regret that I tell you that Lurkerspeaks passed away yesterday.  I don't have more information than that. I met up with him a few days back and he was not doing well.  He was sick and went to a good hospital.  I was supposed to meet him tonight.  A few friends were worried they had not heard from him in a couple of days and I called the hotel. They said he passed away.

RIP my friend

Guest Larstrup

This is simply horrible news. I had just been following his Thailand thread and had felt sorry for him becoming sick after his arrival there.  Does he have family or friends who can arrange repatriation of his remains Oz? Is there anything any of us can do to help?

May he rest well in the heavens. 

This is terrible news for me.  As I live in  Bangkok for about 6 months a year, I was able to become good online friends with Lurkerspeaks .We talked frequently as I helped him plan trip.   He was very excited for this trip, his first to Thailand.   He wasn’t in the best of health. Had some issues on the flight over.  Went to hospital in Bangkok and seemed to be doing ok.  Was able to get out and about for a couple days of fun.  Now this news. 

RIP 

Guest Larstrup
3 hours ago, Lucky said:

I found lurker's Facebook page, and his last post says:

I am better. still have a bit of a cold/congestion, but I am able to get out and function now..

Is it really appropriate to publicly share his personal information and life history here? 

In my mind, no it isn’t. 

Guest Larstrup
53 minutes ago, Lucky said:

What I posted is nothing different than what he did. No personal info is given re name, etc. You are just being a bitch on this sad day.

No, lucky. Your link to his Facebook page is an open road to his real name, places of employment and so forth.  All one needs to do is click on his Facebook page name From your link and his whole life is there for everyone and anyone to view. Nobody’s being a bitch here at all lucky, as noted by my earlier post. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Larstrup said:

No, lucky. Your link to his Facebook page is an open road to his real name, places of employment and so forth.  All one needs to do is click on his Facebook page name From your link and his whole life is there for everyone and anyone to view. Nobody’s being a bitch here at all lucky, as noted by my earlier post. 

Larstrup, you are correct. I hadn't realized that by including that time marker that one could click on it to get to the Facebook page. So you have taught me something. Perhaps the moderator can delete that link. My apologies to all concerned.

• Members

I did not know Lurkerspeaks except from reading this site.  If I pass away in a foreign country anyone is welcome to read my facebook page.  In other words, basically no harm, no foul.  And, no disrespect to anyone intended.

RIP.

Best regards,

RA1

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Larstrup, you are correct. I hadn't realized that by including that time marker that one could click on it to get to the Facebook page. So you have taught me something. Perhaps the moderator can delete that link. My apologies to all concerned.

The link is deleted.  I know not intentional. 

9 hours ago, BiBottomBoy said:

Anyone know what happend?

It's weird to suddenly get sick when you enter a new country.

He was sick from Day1.  He got a bit worst and finally went to hospital.  I didn’t think anything of him telling me that the manager of the hotel took him to the doctor but in hindsight, that is a indication of how sick he became.  

Guest Larstrup
2 hours ago, Lucky said:

The covenant of lurker’s confidentiality  was my only motivation in expressing my concern. Typically, most content (links in this case) you might post here or elsewhere from Facebook will always have a back-link in it to one’s personal main homepage.

• Members

This is really sad news.  My thoughts go out to all Lurker's family and friends.

57 is far too young to die.  I hope that there are not difficulties in getting him or his ashes home.  On my recent trip to Europe I had Travel Insurance (thankfully unused), but I have no idea if there were provisions for death abroad.  We should all leave instructions on how to handle death abroad.  I have no idea what I would if someone in my family died abroad or what my family would do if I passed.

Thank you to those of you who knew him for telling us here as much as possible without infringing on his anonymity.

• Members
2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

He was sick from Day1.  He got a bit worst and finally went to hospital.  I didn’t think anything of him telling me that the manager of the hotel took him to the doctor but in hindsight, that is a indication of how sick he became.   One note on that. He shared with me how touched he was by the sympathetic care and concern he received from the staff at the hotel and at the clinic. It speaks volumes about the warmth of the Thai people.