Tomcal

April Rio Trip pt. 2

• Members
1 hour ago, Tomcal said:

Under the category of some things never change...in the last 4 days i have gotten 11 guys sending messages saying various themes all having to do with :  their wallets were stolen, they do not have the rent for May, and the old standby, their Mother/Grandmother needs a heart operation.

The running joke between my friends and me (which combines all of the stories the boys tell us together in one excuse) is “Grandma was in a motorcycle accident and is in the hospital.” Note: these motor vehicle accidents, hospital stays, and operations always seem to occur on a Friday, the start of the weekend!

• Members

Thanks for the summary @Tomcal It made it easy to appreciate the different saunas (after your original thread was hijacked).

I like your "standard reply" too. If it's not copyrighted, I may use it as a defence against future would-be leeches ;-)

• Members

I wonder how often these made-up stories are successful in eliciting money? 

They must occasionally work, or the guys wouldn’t bother to even try.

I recently got the “my phone got stolen and do you happen to have an extra you can give me” story

We went to ToNeAi the gay bar on Farme de Amoedo just past the intersection of R. Visconde Piraja(across the street from Galitos Restaurant).  While it is a fun bar to hang out with friends when you get the bill for drinks you will think you just left one of NYC’s trendy bars! this trip it was less then 1/2 full at 11:30 on several nights when we walked by and on Friday night at midnight it was less then 1/2 full! i have never seen it that empty on a Friday night before!

DD2043BE-5582-4B73-8188-669E1EBA99E7.jpeg

E08B96C6-AB6C-4E1C-AD9F-63754E4CEEDE.jpeg

18 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Under the category of some things never change...in the last 4 days i have gotten 11 guys sending messages saying various themes all having to do with their wallets were stolen, they do not have the rent for May, and the old standby, their Mother/Grandmother needs a heart operation. All of these messages have come from new guys i met this trip except for one.  My standard reply which i now have saved is " I am sorry but i am neither the bank or a relative, and you do not give sex away for free and i do not give money away for free!"   almost always they respond with "ok, thanks!"   lol

Were you in Thailand and did not tell me?  :)

I think a good reply for those questions. One Brazil guy I gave a lot to last 2 months while gone put everything in bank and then one week later called crying that his money was stolen from him.  I remembered he said he put it in the bank and told him I was so sorry that they had bank robberies in Brazil where all the money was taken from people.  He didn't know what to say. ;)

Glad you had a good time and got to know the busy nights.  Which nights were busy in your apartment? :) M-S

• Members
7 hours ago, sanddunes said:

I wonder how often these made-up stories are successful in eliciting money? 

They must occasionally work, or the guys wouldn’t bother to even try.

I recently got the “my phone got stolen and do you happen to have an extra you can give me” story

Don’t worry about their tales.

Just give what you want, when you want, how much you want, in exchange for what you want, and only what you can afford to lose, and everyone will be happy.

Oz every night i had overnight visitors, 3 the first two nights then 5 the next 5 nights and then just 3 of us the last night! The first 3 were regulars that have been staying the past 3+ years with me! One of the regular guys who came up from SP and brought a friend who everyone really liked, and was a great addition to the group!

4 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Were you in Thailand and did not tell me?  :)

Brasil can't touch Thailand in this regard...The Thai's are WAY more proficient ....I'll leave it up to you and some of the others that have visited the LOS to tell your funniest reason for their need of immediate money, can't wait...I know you'll have quite a few, lol

• Members
4 hours ago, Tomcal said:

this is one of the new guys i met on this trip at Manhatten-Rios Sauna, he was there on Friday and Monday evenings and at Pointe on Wednesday night!

F7FF49E2-73BF-4F74-B669-C3E78CB7972C.jpeg

Very handsome! I wish I had met him when I was there about six weeks ago

10 hours ago, floridarob said:

Brasil can't touch Thailand in this regard...The Thai's are WAY more proficient ....I'll leave it up to you and some of the others that have visited the LOS to tell your funniest reason for their need of immediate money, can't wait...I know you'll have quite a few, lol

LOL  I had one friend who paid for the hospital stay of his lover of 5 years and visited him in the hospital. The man died and he paid for the funeral and he went.  Then, a few years later the man showed up in Pattaya.  Apparently, miracles do happen!

6 hours ago, Tomcal said:

this is one of the new guys i met on this trip at Manhatten-Rios Sauna, he was there on Friday and Monday evenings and at Pointe on Wednesday night!

F7FF49E2-73BF-4F74-B669-C3E78CB7972C.jpeg

Damn!

• Members

The above B&W has an interesting Bruce Weber vintage feel and is a nice departure from selfies, though hot mobile downloads of course always welcome. 

For $ bailout requests when down there, you can always pre-emptively utilize for your smartphone app, in the byline dialogue field : I am using Whatsapp. You are not using me.

3 hours ago, Riobard said:

For $ bailout requests when down there, you can always pre-emptively utilize for your smartphone app, in the byline dialogue field : I am using Whatsapp. You are not using me.

Riobard, i did not understand your last paragraph?

• Members

I was being tongue in cheek.

You may notice when you msg someone you see the name you entered in contacts, and underneath it in Whatsapp you may see a standard or personalized phrase ... disponivel, at work, busy, god bless, etc are some examples.

A common one is "I am using Whatsapp", but you can add to it. Since all or most your contacts ask for cash, it might be hilarious to put in your personalized byline a brief phrase (translated), like I suggested above, or "my ATM is empty", or "condolences about Granny but she should have worn a helmet", or "god bless Brasil for its free health care". ;)

Discreet, insider wording, in case "I only pay to fuck" is too provocative for our whole range of contacts.

• Members

In three years, I have had one text request for financial assistance, two for travel accompaniment, and countless for repeat programas.

For the travel, I share what places I like. I invite a detailed itinerary and itemized budget, but I have yet to receive one. So far, It is easy to avoid a hard no.

An intrafamilal medical aid request was made in a very sophisticated and clever manner. I was not hoodwinkable but impressed enough with the upscale effort at bullshit that I did offer some payment of goods should their need be authenticated.