Same here...was supposed to hit Rio right before winter set in...

I seriously double that they will be up and running by the end of this month, the same way I doubt the US will...

BUT since both countries Presidents share many of the same views on getting the economies up and running as soon as possible, there may be something in the works...

I think we will know by the end of the third week of April how thing are looking for April 30th or May...

Neither the US or Brazil can hold out for months...the unemployment rates would be unfucking real...people unemployed with nothing but time on their hands would not be a good thing even in the midst of a pandemic..

Medical experts need to come up with some type of compromise...

• Members

I hope Junior is right, but I am afraid he is too optimistic. Brazil looks really bad considering the local government disarray. Right now Bolsonaro is fighting even his own cabinet and to make the health perspective even worse, the political future is very uncertain.

I am still fantasizing with a trip in July. I think it would be even too soon for the saunas to be open, though. My hopes are based in this report. If they are right, perhaps COVID-19 morbidity in Brazil and Argentina, where I understand BCG vaccination is universal and mandatory, will not get to the USA heights and traveling restrictions and physical distancing policies will be softened by then. Again, it is just hope, I have no certainty about anything. 

• Members

The Health Ministry is treating the incidence/prevalence like it’s a 3-legged race against Europe, with 90% Invisible Men clones in green & yellow, downplaying the logarithmic curve to date (relatively early from baseline) as being slightly (meaninglessly) below Italy and Spain, as well as overlooking, as SolaceSoul highlights, under-reporting. The rate is on track with USA or worse. 

Time to get real.5B3FD718-7C85-48CA-B917-D8E6C4E4280A.thumb.jpeg.0c6ce1d71c05a40f6c585a481a617735.jpeg

75231649-41D9-48E2-821B-2709D1566A9D.jpeg

• Members

It is now apparent that we are looking at an 18-24 month hiatus in Montreal’s strip clubs if widespread vaccination does not shorten the duration of mitigation measures. Canada has a similar absolute case prevalence, but currently a considerably higher per capita rate compared to Brazil. I fear that Brazil will eventually outpace it, and Easter and it’s basket-case Mad Hatter leader will resurrect greater proliferation. If not, I’ll happily eat my Imperial margarine bonnet. 

• Members

Considering the ratio "tests/1M pop" in Brazil and comparing it with other big countries, considering the ratio "COVID+/tested" in Brazil and doing the same comparison, even taking in account the unrealistic idea that Brazil is less than proportional when compared to these countries, you can conclude that COVID in Brazil is spreading fast (even inside favelas which will act as an amplifier) and that if we're VERY lucky the saunas will reopen at the end of June.

Not even talking about the travel restrictions.

Cases in Brazil are possibly EXTREMELY underestimated.

958360884_Schermata2020-04-05alle16_05_05.thumb.png.b346a0a8172ba02e0405f8b851d9f187.png

• Members
1 hour ago, likeohmygod said:

Considering the ratio "tests/1M pop" in Brazil and comparing it with other big countries, considering the ratio "COVID+/tested" in Brazil and doing the same comparison, even taking in account the unrealistic idea that Brazil is less than proportional when compared to these countries, you can conclude that COVID in Brazil is spreading fast (even inside favelas which will act as an amplifier) and that if we're VERY lucky the saunas will reopen at the end of June. Not even talking about the travel restrictions.Cases in Brazil are possibly EXTREMELY underestimated

I was not talking about the spread of the infection, but about morbidity rates. But you and @Riobard need to stop demolishing my hopes right now.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

It’s not the role for medical experts to come up with a “compromise” in order to reduce unemployment or boredom at home. Their job is to save as many lives as possible during a global pandemic.

Right now, the USA has more recorded cases and deaths from COVID-19 than any other country, mostly due to the lagged (at best) or failed (at worst) response — not by our medical professionals, but by our federal government leader, and many state government leaders who take their cues from him.

I didn’t think it was even possible, but the response to the pandemic by Bozonaro at this point lags behind that of Drumpf. He’s about where Drumpf was a month ago, and Dumb Donald’s current position is not quite evolved enough to flatten the curve and curb a pandemic. The respected Oxford University model predicts 478,000 deaths from COVID-19 in Brazil alone. Recent news reports indicate that Brazil is seriously under reporting both its coronavirus cases of infection AND its deaths (known and unknown) in impoverished areas (favelas). meanwhile, Bozo refers to it as “just a little flu” and encourages the country’s largely catholic population to attend crowded churches every Sunday. 

This thing in Brazil is NOT going to end anytime soon. Not without months of forced closings and social distancing. It’s probably going to be one of hardest hit nations, at this rate. 

It brings me no joy to say this, but it’s shaping up to be a blood bath down there. The last thing any of us should be concerned about is when a sauna will re-open. 

Back to what I originally stated, right now, we need medical professionals to definitely save as many lives as possible....that does't change the fact that the economies of the world are fucked up so there has to be some type of compromise, a vaccine will take a long time....Better testing across the board, getting concrete figures on who is more likely to get the virus....finding out if you are immune is you are exposed to the virus....Im not a medical professional (SOMEBODY WHO IS, FEEL FREE TO PROVIDE SOME SOLID INFO)...

Here is what I do know-

The US and every other country in the world, can't have cities, states, countries shut down for months...PERIOD...

I am 100% concerned about people getting sick and dying...How much of that has to do with healthcare, testing, treatment, etc.?

I am less concerned with going to the saunas than as few people dying as possible AS WELL as people getting back to work...Maybe government can figure out how to work on that...Hell I don't know...

What I do know is that giving stimulus money or subsidies won't be enough to help unemployment, small business, people all over the world...The same way that not testing, having preventative methods as well as being proactive as a whole to all possible outcomes...

What are your thoughts and opinions...?

Edited by Badboy81

• Members
On 4/5/2020 at 2:13 PM, Anthonyvan said:

The situation is indeed very grim right now. I have the feeling that my trip to South America in late Oct early Nov will be unrealistic given that the Southern Hemisphere will enter its winter season very quickly, which seems to be the hotbed for this virus. 

There's not a huge seasonal change in temperature for Sao Paulo or Rio. They're both tropical or subtropical. 

• Members

I've been curious to know, even when Brazil opens its economy and the saunas again and travel restrictions are lifted, how many of us will jump right back into swapping bodily fluids (the ones we used to think were safe) with some new garoto? I'm asking the most adventurous and experienced set of adventurers in the world. 

• Members
2 hours ago, davet said:

I've been curious to know, even when Brazil opens its economy and the saunas again and travel restrictions are lifted, how many of us will jump right back into swapping bodily fluids (the ones we used to think were safe) with some new garoto? I'm asking the most adventurous and experienced set of adventurers in the world. 

If restrictions are ease by the, I am planning to be exchanging fluids in July. I am aware that I am extremely optimistic.