SexyAsianStud

"There Is No White Jesus"

1 hour ago, caeron said:

Very cute. Of course, I don't think there's a jesus of any color

I used to think that. But the very detailed and strange Markan Gospel, and the probably lost precursor works such as the Q Gospel as well as the multiply corroborated Sayings gospels, found in the caves outside the Mediterranean, suggest from contemporary evidence there probably was some very strange Hebrew prophet moving around his world upsetting the existing order at that time.

In ways that would have made his own authorities want to be rid of him. To avoid drawing down trouble from their Roman governors. 

https://www.amazon.com/Historical-Jesus-Mediterranean-Jewish-Peasant/dp/0060616296https

34 minutes ago, caeron said:

I don't doubt that there was some event that triggered all. I remain dubious about various accounts. I would be delighted if an archaeological find could resolve it all.

There is some contemporary scholarly thought that his losing his temper and kicking over the obscene money-lenders’ tables in the Temple is what triggered the Jewish establishment to come after him and have him strung up.

Of course there is no ‘archeological’ evidence after 2000 years.

• Members
9 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

I used to think that. But the very detailed and strange Markan Gospel, and the probably lost precursor works such as the Q Gospel as well as the multiply corroborated Sayings gospels, found in the caves outside the Mediterranean, suggest from contemporary evidence there probably was some very strange Hebrew prophet moving around his world upsetting the existing order at that time.

In ways that would have made his own authorities want to be rid of him. To avoid drawing down trouble from their Roman governors. 

https://www.amazon.com/Historical-Jesus-Mediterranean-Jewish-Peasant/dp/0060616296https

This is very close to saying that finding traces of an unusual strong season of rains and floods is proof of the universal flood not being a myth. 

6 hours ago, tassojunior said:

well....maybe

480px-JamesOssuary-1-.jpg

Very intriguing find, but after considerable thought, not much credenced by the archeological or other scholars. The family & individual names engraved thereon were very common/frequent in that region during that time.

• Members
16 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Very intriguing find, but after considerable thought, not much credenced by the archeological or other scholars. The family & individual names engraved thereon were very common/frequent in that region during that time.

I've read scholars and scientists equally on both sides. Never seen such a split. IF there was a Jesus, he probably was married with kids and buried in an ossuary tomb. Maybe a zealot or well known to his people but not Rome famous. And all the miracles were later embellishments. The James ossuary ,if it's inscription is original, would indicate Jesus was famous. (It seems original). Never seen more scholars fighting.

2 hours ago, tassojunior said:

I've read scholars and scientists equally on both sides. Never seen such a split. IF there was a Jesus, he probably was married with kids and buried in an ossuary tomb. Maybe a zealot or well known to his people but not Rome famous. And all the miracles were later embellishments. The James ossuary ,if it's inscription is original, would indicate Jesus was famous. (It seems original). Never seen more scholars fighting.

Look through the scholarship. The perception of the “miracles” then were just from that they perceived “reality” in entirely alien ways from how we do today.

• Members
On 7/12/2020 at 11:43 PM, AdamSmith said:

Also this notion of the ‘virgin birth’ was a ridiculously 2nd-century (If memory recalls) misreading of Mary simply being ‘pure.’

meaning faithful.

and King James sucked at Greek.

Edited by tassojunior