TotallyOz

Name Three Movies you have Seen at Least 10 Times

Haha so many to choose from. I can stare at my various shelves of DVDs for ages looking for a 'different' one to watch; usually fail miserably, and then resort to one of my shelf-full of favourites.

I am going to cheat and list three series/groups:

Lord of the Rings/Hobbit

Harry Potter

Thor

Undemanding fantasy, just what I need when I want to be able to relax over my dinner. And if I should fall asleep for a while during the film - doesn't matter, I know them all by heart :lolu:

I thought I had never seen any movie ten times - then realised there is one I love which I have shown to many friends and boyfriends, Everyone loved it

Victor Victoria with the quite wonderful Robert Preston as a gay nightclub singer, Julie Andrews, James Garner and Leslie Anne Warren

7c59cdb5c6c178e807429505f2a554ea.thumb.jpg.a47745a7d1982ac3172c2262e8bb62c2.jpg

Coming close would be Woody Allen's Manhattan with George Gershwin's great music.

Casablanca (1942) - Ageless.

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)  - Classic cast, terrific soundtrack; a true epic.

Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Anthony Hopkins; need I say more.

All the best movies have already been made.

"I'm shocked...shocked.."

"He likes your lemonade"

"Goodbye, Clarice"

I definitely agree Lawrence of Arabia should be in a 10 best movies list, although I have not seen it 10 times. Arguably the greatest epic ever made - cast, director, writing, music and especially its cinematography and stunning desert scenery. Loved Noel Coward's quip to Peter O'Toole after seeing the premiere, "If you'd been any prettier, the film would have been called "Florence of Arabia"!

David Lean was a wonderful director. Some might argue that Dr. Zhivago is at least as good, although I think not. Bridge on the River Kwai was surely one of the great non-epic movies.

His one semi-failure was his last in my view - A Passage to India. Another superb cast led by Dame Peggy Ashcroft who won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. But casting Alec Guinness as the Indian Professor was a major mistake. No matter how hard he tried, he could never portray an indian successfully. I also felt Lean's keen eye sometimes deserted him. When there is a close up of the train arriving (to take the party to the caves?) it is spotlessly clean, not a speck of dust anywhere. Yet it had just steamed through the Indian countryside and surely should have been caked in dirt!

Admittedly, I have seen Gone with the Wind more than any other movie and I love it. But, as a child, it came on once per year, and my entire Southern household watched EVERY night EVERY year I was living with my parents. It was a big deal for my mom. I still love the movie.

Gone withe the Wind.jpg

20 hours ago, vinapu said:

My choices are less  upscale :

Stryker Force

Tradewinds / best butt ever filmed / 

California Kings

You are a naughty boy! I could not understand why those were not familiar and so I Googled them. Then, bam, my memories returned. :)

• Members
23 hours ago, fedssocr said:

The Love of Siam

I can't fathom why I've never seen this??? I had it on my list but never saw it... so on your recommendation of having watched it 10 to 12 times I'll download and see it soon...thanks.

33 minutes ago, Lonnie said:

I can't fathom why I've never seen this??? I had it on my list but never saw it... so on your recommendation of having watched it 10 to 12 times I'll download and see it soon...thanks.

if you can find the director's cut it's much better than the edited version which cut out some very important scenes. It's also almost 3 hours long though

1 hour ago, fedssocr said:

if you can find the director's cut it's much better than the edited version which cut out some very important scenes. It's also almost 3 hours long though

Just googled this and found out that there is a full version that is 16min longer than the director's cut.