unicorn

So glad Đoković got what was coming to him

Agree entirely.  A story about an over-paid and profoundly ignorant (and dishonest, it now appears) sportsman has been headline news here in the UK for a week. Why?  Tennis is a minority interest at the best of times and this ludicrous man managed to keep refugees dying in the English Channel and much else off the front pages.

I ask again, why? Sometimes I despair of the msm.

1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

Covid is political now........

was political from beginning as soon as doctor who warned about it was silenced. Both sides of debate are to be blamed. I recall when Russians announced they had a vaccine  it was criticized as inferior and not working before any results would come. Then Trumps, Bolsonaros,  Magulfis and sores of others came denying danger to a great joy of thier supporters. Djokovic saga is just chapter 1157 of the same story with Serbia's antics of recalling ambassador etc.

You right that world went CRAZY over that and logic with cool head seem to be in short supply. 

My main criticism of the Russian vaccine was them announcing it as both "licensed" and "safe" BEFORE they had the phase 3 trial data.  That trial was completed several month later, with results announced about 2 days after the Astra Zeneca vaccine and, of course, slightly better. I believe it was many months before Mr Putin took a vaccine, long after most leaders had been videoed taking their vaccines.

The vaccination rate in Russia remains very low and they have had more deaths than any European country.  The vaccine may well be good, but when it is announced as safe before they have data to prove it, should we be surprised when the Russians do not trust it ?

On the subject of anti-vaxxers, a Czech citizen who refused vaccines and deliberately caught COVID in order to get a recovery certificate has died.  Stupidity can be fatal.

I read about Czech lady, she was actually very popular folk singer there. 

Hard not to agree that stupidity can be fatal. My long deceased god-mother used to say "I'm not afraid of anybody and anything , only of stupid people " .

I can't say anything about quality of vaccines being prominent and well known  , at least in my circle, pro-vaxer and I agree Russians botched introduction at , as we can see , their own peril,  but my point about politicization was that as soon as they announced they had something,  we in the West  knew it will not be any good. How? That's politicization.