faranglaw

Short time hotel Silom

Hello gentlemen,

I realize I have been around this blog (this block) for awhile, but strangely enough, I don’t know of any nice, or nice enough, short time hotels in the Silom area (near Sala Daeng).  Can anyone enlighten me? I am meeting a boy with a wide smile tomorrow evening. 

Thanks in advance! 

faranglaw

#1 Even proper hotels have rooms as low as 500 baht currently.

#2 If there were any short time hotels, I'd imagine they would be shut, due to lack of custom.   The drive in places further out might be surviving, but I guess that's not convenient.

When one lad couldn't produce ID due to a visa application, I went to the Nantra and I think it was 500.  (The lad was about 25, so no proof of age worries)

Far better is The Quarter, if you can get a room for 600.

I recall 2 short time hotel in the area. the ones facing old jupiter bar named suriwongse hotel, and another one in actual patpong itself. I forgot the name, but it was near one of the bars that had the Thai boxing. On the same side as the 2 gay bars nearer to saladaeng. 

But as z909 mentioned the standard hotels might have brought down their prices. So really no need unless they ask for passports and stuff. 

When I stayed at the Quarter in December I had no problems bringing various visitors to the room.  Sometimes guys waited patiently in the reception seating area for me with absolutely no hassle from the staff.  Very reasonable rates too and would certainly back up Z909 suggestion of considering this as a substitute. 

Yes, its the other side of Silom-the old and venerable Suriwong. Has standard and upgrade rooms-they always wanted you to steer into the plush ones or at least sell you some expensive mixer drinks. No idea about open or not, but it has been a real Thai institution for well over 40 yrs now, in fact cannot even imagine it being closed.

Vaguely I remember another one along a side alley off Ram IV-just beyond far side of old soi Pratuchai (boysgate), has more chance of not being there anymore.

I never have found those short timers to be particularly nice (in the sense of what styish HTLs offer nowadays). Those in TH tipically have parking spots in front with heavy curtains, which will be drawn asap as customers have entered.  But this also seems to be a dying fenomenon-in good old Sapan Kwai at least 4 or 5 have been closed and demolished. Tipically boys offed from bars/gogo will always know a few in the direct area.

Another and much cheaper and hence more basic one was (still is?) NIAGARA just off after the 2nd corner off the street beside the ARENA block and that Super(money) exchange. Again-its all from nearly 2 yr ago, no idea about now. The basic fee is valid for 2 or 3 hrs-pay more for longer sessions.

Thanks everyone! Great blog and helpful guys. I appreciate it. z909 you are right. Quarter is almost as cheap as a love hotel.  About $20 Canadian. So I’ve booked there.  I will let you know how it went.

Incidentally, The Quarter has 3 blocks and I've tried them all.  If you are in blocks 2 and 3, you don't even have to walk through the reception area.  When in block 1, they also did not check my guest's ID.

• Members
19 hours ago, faranglaw said:

I don’t know of any nice, or nice enough, short time hotels in the Silom area (near Sala Daeng).  Can anyone enlighten me?

This site has some decent, clean short-time hotels.  Just enter Silom as the location.   https://th.dayuse.com/

Brings back memories of years ago when a street trade boy dragged me to the Niagra Hotel near Silom late one night - never again (the hotel, not the boy).

Pavilion Hotel just beside Fresh Boys and opposite of Dreamboys has short time rooms for 500. I was offered that option when offing twink from Dreamboys in Dec but politely declined preferring my own room in Quarter.

Furama Silom may have  cheap regular rooms worth the walk . I used one for 550 as short time on my first night in Bkk as I did not want to drag my Jupiter  guy to my quarantine hotel. Breakfast was even included but we did not utilize it .

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Pavilion Hotel just beside Fresh Boys and opposite of Dreamboys has short time rooms for 500. I was offered that option when offing twink from Dreamboys in Dec but politely declined preferring my own room in Quarter.

Furama Silom may have  cheap regular rooms worth the walk . I used one for 550 as short time on my first night in Bkk as I did not want to drag my Jupiter  guy to my quarantine hotel. Breakfast was even included but we did not utilize it .

These days hotel prices are so low that there seems little point in a short time hotel, as I discovered last night. I stayed at the Quarter on z909’s recommendation and thank you!  It was perfect. Nice breakfast, no hassle bringing boys in (ahem, twice!—Hornet sure is busy around there!).  $21 Cdn (about 500 baht) for the whole night.  I’ll be back. 

6 hours ago, scott456 said:

I have never encountered any problem bringing overnight guests to my hotel rooms in Thailand, never needed a short time room.

Yes never faced any problems too . When I in BKK I just book room at Silom area and bring who I want. Short time rooms are really waste of money .

• Members

Well, I used to stay in Saphan Kwai, and frequented the numerous local Thai entertainment venues around Pradipat Road instead of going to Silom.  Often the only farang I would see during a night out in Saphan Kwai was in a bathroom mirror.  One night I found myself in Silom, and the the boy wasn't keen on going to Saphan Kwai with me, so he suggested a local short time hotel just a few blocks away. 

Back then, I think the room was about 250-300 baht for two hours.  So short time hotels do serve a purpose.  Now that the nightlife areas have shrunk considerably in the last 20 years, and have nearly disappeared in Saphan Kwai, I stay in Silom, so I have no need to hire a short time room any longer. 

I always stay in Silom.

So the only problem was when one guy didn't have his passport.

However, I recognise others may have different reasons for hiring short time rooms.

eg.

1 On business trip with colleagues in same hotel.  Particularly if your employer takes a dim view of hiring prostitutes.

2 Living or staying out of town.

3 It's just possible that some want to conceal activities from another partner ?

6 hours ago, z909 said:

1 On business trip with colleagues in same hotel.  Particularly if your employer takes a dim view of hiring prostitutes.

2 Living or staying out of town.

3 It's just possible that some want to conceal activities from another partner ?

4. one is so horny that can't wait until gets to hotel

5. shy to be seen by hotel staff or other guests  as serious debauchee, gay at that,  or stays in hotel prohibiting  guests or charging for them .

18 hours ago, vinapu said:

4. one is so horny that can't wait until gets to hotel

5. shy to be seen by hotel staff or other guests  as serious debauchee, gay at that,  or stays in hotel prohibiting  guests or charging for them .

4 is excusable, but I would think anyone affected by #5 ought to think about different countermeasures.  Firstly, shyness needs to be cured in Thailand.

I found that on my very first trip.   There was a concert in Boyztown, with a stage at the top of the street and rows and rows of seats facing it.  Whatever was on stage was of far less interest to the audience than Z909 walking up the raised verandah to The Ambience, with a nice young lad.

Hotels prohibiting guests ought to be boycotted on principle, since it's not their business to decide who shares my bed based on their assumptions about our relationship.

I'll add one more:

6 Lives in Bangkok, but doesn't want the lads knowing precisely where.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:52 AM, z909 said:

Hotels prohibiting guests ought to be boycotted on principle, since it's not their business to decide who shares my bed based on their assumptions about our relationship.

I agree if I am paying  a Room for 2 persons it's really non of the hotel business who I am bringing to the room , of course it's their right to ask the guest to show  ID for security reasons but that's it.