hojacat

Book suggestion!

Recommended by someone in another forum, last year I got to read THE RICE QUEEN DIARIES by Daniel Gawthrop. I enjoyed the book, especially the chapters about his travels and life in Thailand. Even though the book is almost 20 years old and due to my age I started visiting Thailand and Asia much later than the author, I could relate to some of the places and feelings described in the book.

I would like to know if anyone can help me find other books with similar subject and theme? So something along the lines of gay scene/life in Thailand or any other Asian country, preferably seen from a foreigner's perspective and published in the last 20-30 years. Heading to BKK in 10 days and I usually prefer books over movies or music for passing time on a flight.

Try "Coctail Boyz" by Nicky Stewart. It is a three volume story about a fictitious bar in Sunee Plazza and its owner, staff, boys customers and environment from the opening of the bar and the reqcruitment in Issan to the death of the owner and its closure after a few years. It is available paper back from Amazon.de @ Euro 14.97 each. Also available in e book format.

The "Bangkok Boy Bar" by Richard Vohl is also available from Amazon.