premv3

Need pro tips for English speakers at saunas (SP & Rio)

Hey all,

I'm visiting saunas in São Paulo and Rio this month. I'm particularly looking for GP (i.e. Lagoa, 555, 269 Chili, and 117)
I went to sauna in many countries before, but this will be my first time in Brazil. I'd love to get your advices!

Any tips you can share for English speakers? (for basic negotiation & exchange WhatsApp contacts for outside arrangement)
- How easy to use mobile phone inside for Google Translator?
- If mobile phone is not allowed, is preparing pen and paper a good option?

Thanks all! I'm excited.

15 hours ago, Connordrick said:

@premv3 i am in SP now.

Have you ever been to Thermas in BCN or Paragoyna in Zurich? Well, Espaco Lagoa Sauna is quite similar, complete with a bar for drinks and food.

• You can use your cell phone; walk around with it; there's no need for paper at all. The guys or garotos may have limited English skills, but you won't need to do much talking. I used Google Translate and some sign language when necessary. A guy willl ask for 150 to 200 Reales,
  • If you spot a garoto walking around fully clothed there chances are he isn't good for sex . I learned this the hard way when I encountered two hot guys, fully dressed. One didn't treated me will d the other one has a good hard on but he was a cold dish.
  • It can be a bit overwhelming at times, but they offer way more delicious guys compared to other saunas i mentioned above. Only a few garotos are pushy, and I didn't entertain them.
  • If you appreciate well-endowed guys you're in for a feast. Some garotos will surprise you with their humoungous cocks . Iwent from 5 pm to late 9 pm, taking breaks because I could barely sit after some of the guys.
  • I typically offered 150 Reales, not to be cheap, but to gauge their reaction. Most likely, their reacted good or bad so it was a good filter,  The hotter ones might expect 200 Reales and if they treated you nicely when they went up to 200, go ahead and say yes.
  • Upon entering the Lagoa , they'll provide you with a locker key, two towels sealed in plastic bags (they're quite good), and flip-flops. Head up one floor where you'll find a bar with tables, similar to Barcelona Thermas. After meeting with a guy, you'll go another floor up to another cashier who'll give you a private room. I can't recall the exact prices, but there's a basic option with a TV and a bed that can get quite warm. My favorite, costing 55 Reales, includes AC, TV with movies, and a private bathroom. Called suites
  • There's a third floor with more private rooms, starting from room number 13 and onwards. Additionally, there's a small bar, a small gym for the guys, and a TV room.
  • Just when you think you've had the best guy, a new garoto with an amazing body/cock will show up. I often wished I could split myself in two or more to savor all the succulent garotos. As in any sauna with gayforPay, the best garotos are in high demand, so if you find one, grab them. but they always will be busy and not hanging around for too long
  • While some gartotos may not meet your expectations, considering the price range of 150-200 Reales (roughly 30 to 40 American dollars), it's a great deal for a try and error. Sao Paulo boasts some of the hottest and nicest guys. i saw all types, mostly masculines, and by 6 /7 pm were a lot muscle guys, blonde black and in between 

Best of luck, and feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'm typing on my phone, so please forgive any typos. 😜

Tonight, I plan to visit one of the stripper bars, and I'll provide you with a report on those places. I'm not a young guy, so the garotos at the sauna wore me out, if you catch my drift. 😆 I have to recuperate during the daytime. And if you're a expert/slutty bottom, like me, be prepared. Even the most experienced and voracious bottom will be exhausted by the end of the day. I wish I had some numbing cream to handle those real 9/10 inches. Of course, not all the guys are that well-endowed, but I'd say about half of them are.

Kuddos @Connordrick and thanks 100 times for the insiders tips! I wanted to ensure you know I read all your tips here and find them very helpful.

Yes, great to hear that we can walk around with mobile phone.
Having mobile phone will definitely help! And it's pretty useful in many ways 😉

I'm very excited for my upcoming trip to SP next week. If knowing it's this good, I would take a month off from work, instead of a week, to stay in SP!

6 hours ago, numazu said:

Lucky you! I’ll never trade the feeling of my first time in a sauna in Brazil.  If you’re interested in knowing how that went, it’s all here:

Anyway, to your question, yes mobile phones are allowed in the saunas so you’ll have that to help you. And thank goodness for Google Translate!  How did we ever survive without it?  I do have a few tips for you to make those transactions with these hot men a little bit easier.  This definitely helped me starting out. After that though I’ve decided to be fluent in the language and that was one of my best decisions I’ve ever made:

1. Take the time to learn some basic words:

Even if you will rely on your Google Translator, knowing some words in Portugues will help.  Which words?  I’d go to YouTube to find out which words to learn. This is a good video that gives you the basic phrases as a tourist.  It’ll also get your ears used to hearing how Brazilian Portugues sounds like:

So try to brush up on your Obrigados (thank you) and Ois (hello) and Desculpas (sorry) before you go.

2. Know the basic Portugues sex words and phrases.

Simply putting “ I’m a top”  in Google Translate will result in a slightly different thing than what you intended. So knowing the basic sex terms in Portugues will definitely come a long way.  Phrases like:

Ativo - Top

Passivo - Bottom

Versatil - Versatile

Ativo liberal - Someone who prefers to top sometimes will bottom under the right circumstances (this is incidentally my sweet spot and my preference of guy in the saunas)

Beija bem? - Do you kiss well?

Você faz o que? - What do you do/what sexual positions do you do?

Quanto?  - How much?

Chupar - suck

Vai me comer? - Will you fuck me?

Gozar/Com gozar - to Cum, with cum (sometimes a negotiating tactic)

There are a lot of more words to mention, but this should get you started.

3. When using Google Translate, keep it simple.

One mistake people often make while using Google Translate is the usage of complex sentences with colloquialisms and jargon that translate differently from what you mean.  For example, let’s say your new Brazilian boyfriend invited you to a party tonight.  You just realized that your butt is sore due to the non-stop pounding you just received from that 10 inch dick.  You take you phone and type in the sentence “Can I get a raincheck? meaning that you can’t go now but would want to be invited the next time he goes. The translation will be wrong of course, as raincheck is a colloquialism that means something else when directly translated.  But just putting in something as simple as “Next time" is good enough to convey the point across.  Complex sentences with multiple clauses will more than likely confuse the algorithm of the translator, resulting in garbled translation.  Break it up into simpler and more digestible phrases will come a long way. 

4. When negotiating price, best way is through your phone.

If you’re not familiar on how to count in Portugues, best way to show how much one is willing to pay or to get paid, is to use your phone’s calculator app and putting in the amount to show them, or for them to show you. Sometimes boys will try to say the amount in English but it is sometimes wrong. It’s easy enough to say duzentos when saying 200 reais but when in doubt, use your calculator.  Also the calculator’s font size is big enough to get the point across.

5. Don’t use your phone to translate when outside

Using your phone to translate inside the sauna or bar or restaurant or hotel room is fine because it is secure. But say you and you paramour are walking hand-in-hand on Rua Augusta and you had the urge to tell your boy how much you love the feeling of his cum shooting inside your butt, but you don’t know how.  Don’t just whip pout your phone in the middle of the street and start typing away on Google Translate! That’s the easiest way to get your phone snatched. It can wait till you are inside where it is more secure.

I think I’ve covered most of what I feel will help you. In time you will learn the language through immersion, if you are open to it of course. I feel that my experience in Brazil has improved 100 times more significantly by learning the language and connecting with the people. The cellphone is a blessing and a curse: it allows us to communicate with people that we otherwise will have difficulty understanding, but at the same token, having a cellphone with you at all times makes the experience weird and impersonal, at least for me. Besides, it’s better to put down that cellphone to two-hand that 10 inch monster you just paid duzentos  reais for.

Also big respects to @numazu with great pros tips here. This means a lot to me. I'll definitely check out the the blog too.

Yes, I'm also studying Portuguese, specifically for this purpose :). I've been learning from Duolingo daily in the last one month.
Still need to ensure I catch up all the essential vocabs :)

9 hours ago, premv3 said:

I'm speechless with what everyone shared 😮. Can't wait to rub them there!!  although I'm 100% top...

• humoungous cocks
  • 10 inch monster
  • those real 9/10 inche
  • 10 inch dick
  • amazing body/cock

Are there plenty of bottoms among all these amazing guys?

@premv3 Glad you found the information useful.

About the bottoms, i am not the right person to ask since i have Bottom blocker (kidding) I dont know if any of them bottoms, you can ask, top = ativo or bottom = pasivo 

Thursday wasnt a good day; less guys than Tue/Wed and not much quality. there were one or two that may have been a bottom, but i am just guessing

• Members

Great thread, especially thanks to @Connordrick and @numazu!

My only nitpick is the above definition of ativo liberal (achee'-vo lee'-ber-al).

In my experience, ativo liberal only meant the top GP would also kiss and maybe suck, not just get blown and top you.

Apparently others heard it used differently, but I never heard it to mean that the top GP might bottom.

Several years ago I used to hear that phrase a lot, but not these days. Didn't hear it once in my seven weeks in Brazil this summer.

23 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I would not say "plenty" but definitely some.

Be sure to have that conversation quietly. In my experience, some GPs you might not expect to flip are willing to btm if they like you, they think you will be discrete about it, you don't have a horse cock, and/or it is a slow night for them. They may ask for an extra 50.  Many GPs seem paranoid about getting a reputation as a bottom because many clients love the fantasy of getting pounded by a total straight top.

GPs will often ask what you like. Glance around to show you are being discrete and whisper "achivo." You may quickly get an instant nunca/never or a shy OK, or otherwise hesitation and negotiation (even a question about your cock size).

Also, many GPs are like hawks monitoring who goes to rooms with whom. If they see you taking any of the few known bottoms, they will get your number. I always confuse them with the diversity of my picks.

Final observation: Sometimes, rather than relying on an advance agreement, I like to play the "how far can I go" game. Making out intensely, cocks rock hard, roaming my hands everywhere... and then when getting close to the jackpot it's either red light (my hand is moved away with maybe a laughing "no, no") or green light (a barely audible moan) bingo. Gives the great illusion of a hot seduction.

19 hours ago, Xclay said:

Great thread, especially thanks to @Connordrick and @numazu!

My only nitpick is the above definition of ativo liberal (achee'-vo lee'-ber-al).

In my experience, ativo liberal only meant the top GP would also kiss and maybe suck, not just get blown and top you.

Apparently others heard it used differently, but I never heard it to mean that the top GP might bottom.

Several years ago I used to hear that phrase a lot, but not these days. Didn't hear it once in my seven weeks in Brazil this summer.

I would not say "plenty" but definitely some.

Be sure to have that conversation quietly. In my experience, some GPs you might not expect to flip are willing to btm if they like you, they think you will be discrete about it, you don't have a horse cock, and/or it is a slow night for them. They may ask for an extra 50.  Many GPs seem paranoid about getting a reputation as a bottom because many clients love the fantasy of getting pounded by a total straight top.

GPs will often ask what you like. Glance around to show you are being discrete and whisper "achivo." You may quickly get an instant nunca/never or a shy OK, or otherwise hesitation and negotiation (even a question about your cock size).

Also, many GPs are like hawks monitoring who goes to rooms with whom. If they see you taking any of the few known bottoms, they will get your number. I always confuse them with the diversity of my picks.

Final observation: Sometimes, rather than relying on an advance agreement, I like to play the "how far can I go" game. Making out intensely, cocks rock hard, roaming my hands everywhere... and then when getting close to the jackpot it's either red light (my hand is moved away with maybe a laughing "no, no") or green light (a barely audible moan) bingo. Gives the great illusion of a hot seduction.

Thanks!

• Members
22 hours ago, Xclay said:

Be sure to have that conversation quietly. In my experience, some GPs you might not expect to flip are willing to btm if they like you, they think you will be discrete about it,

It will most definitely be very quiet and discrete if you rely on Google translate on the phone.

• Members
On 8/25/2023 at 10:30 AM, Keithambrose said:

I am only top (sadly), and I never found a bottoms shortage in the saunas. When you ask your questions, do it discretely, and make sure no other garotos can hear. You may be surprised at the shocking difference between how a garoto behaves alone with you or with other boys around. 

19 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I am only top (sadly), and I never found a bottoms shortage in the saunas. When you ask your questions, do it discretely, and make sure no other garotos can hear. You may be surprised at the shocking difference between how a garoto behaves alone with you or with other boys around. 

Thanks!

Absolutely fantastic news about being able to stroll around with our mobile phones. Having a mobile device will undoubtedly be advantageous and incredibly useful in numerous ways 😉

I'm eagerly anticipating my upcoming trip to São Paulo next week. If I had known it would be this enjoyable, I would have taken a month off from work instead of just a week to spend more time in São Paulo!

Fantastic news about being able to walk around with your mobile phone. Having a mobile device will undoubtedly be beneficial in many ways ( ♥‿♥)♡

I am looking forward to my upcoming trip to Sao Paulo next week. Had I known it would be so enjoyable, I would have taken a month off instead of just a week to spend more time in Sao Paulo!