reader

Norwegian arrested for allegedly slashing throat of Thai gay lover

From The Nation

Chiang Mai police on Thursday arrested a Norwegian, 58, for allegedly slashing the throat of his Thai gay lover, 39, at their house in Muang district of Chiang Ma province.

Ben Roy Eiek was arrested on charges of murdering of Chalit, who was found with a slit throat at a house in Ban Wang Sing Kham in Tambon Pa Daed at 9pm on Tuesday.

When police arrived at the scene, they found Eiek in the house but he denied killing the man, claiming he was suffering from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and had no strength to attack his lover. He claimed his lover was killed by an attacker who fled the scene.

Police investigators doubted his claims and gathered scientific evidence at the scene and studied feeds from a security camera in the house before they obtained an arrest warrant for Eiek.

Police also doubted his claims about suffering from ALS disease as he could not provide any medical proof.

The man was taken to the Muang Chiang Mai Police Station for legal action and police would seek a Norwegian interpreter and a volunteer lawyer to assist the man during further interrogations.

• Members
1 hour ago, Travellerdave said:

Yes Elek really got things done unlike myself. I hate to think of the stress and conflict when I made a mess of finishing with several boyfriends over the years. You have to think and think again before getting into a relationship. 

It's really not that difficult.   All you need to do is breaking up, block him on your phone and apps, and never see him again.

1 hour ago, scott456 said:

All you need to do is breaking up, block him on your phone and apps, and never see him again.

I would hate to break up a relationship in the manner you suggest. It rather implies - at least to me - that boyfriends can be picked up and then dumped as though they never meant anything to you. I mean by boyfriend someone who has been with you for a considerable time and who is not paid for his time (other than meals, transport, vacations etc.)

4 hours ago, scott456 said:

It's really not that difficult.   All you need to do is breaking up, block him on your phone and apps, and never see him again.

not that easy. What if he wants to see you again , even for  a brief moment , enough to shoot you or something ?

7 hours ago, reader said:

He must be telling the truth. Every time he enters her club, Mamasan Lucy makes a beeline for him.

confirmed. By the way I wonder how she is doing as last time I visited Banana she looked bit , how to say ? , less energetic perhaps