Olddaddy

I'm thinking of buying a business

19 hours ago, Londoner said:

Much more expensive, I cannot deny. Mainly because of the travel. Once there, hotel rates are cheap compared to Europe and food....well, we eat well though not extravagantly every night. Neither of us drinks alcohol which is a help, but we find it nigh on impossible to spend more than 1000 bht for two.

Three trips a year, each of three weeks. Some consider this too little-  I agree sometimes- but I find the anticipation and then the recollection of the days in Thailand means that I always have something to look forward to. And my life in London has pleasures that not available in Thailand,  cultural, political and sporting- if you can call being a season-ticket holder at a Premiership football club "sporting"!

Sounds fantastic life!

I now understand why your not moving there permanently.

If we all did move to Thailand/Pattaya permanently we wouldnt have anything to look forward to ,plus we have our life's back in farangland 

On 11/26/2023 at 7:17 PM, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

The kind of experiences that sexpats and and sex pests are eager to pass on aren't exactly something that Thailand is in desperate need of.

What a silly comment - unless it is made specifically about that very small group whom some regard as sexpats! There is also a huge group of expats of various nationalities who live in Thailand for whom sex is far from the primary issue. Even if it were, that hardly diminishes their experience from work and other charitable experiences in their home countries.

I have an American friend who is married to his partner and they have been together for around 35 years. He has a great deal of experience as one of the most senior executives in his company. They certainly have many gay friends but never visit gay establishments. On the other hand they do have spare time which they would willingly contribute.

33 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

But you haven't told us what hobbies you've actually pursued -- and enjoyed -- in your life. Can't you continue them in Thailand?

I like going to the gym and doing fighting type workouts , Muay Thai,Krav Maga etc 

But as a business I don't think I would enjoy it .