Olddaddy

Shen Yun performing

21 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Described as "Chinese culture dance before Communism"

Do some research. This annual performance series is sponsored by the Falun Gong cult based in Taiwan. They're rabidly anti-China and pro-Trump. They also publish the notorious Epoch Times newspaper. 

All the hype is just that. None of the dances they do are "ancient" or authentically "Chinese." They're highly westernized camp. You shouldn't believe that any of their performances represent "five thousand years of civilization reborn." 

Best not to waste any of your money -- despite the 24/7 TV ads, billboards, and other ubiquitous advertising in every city. 

2 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

Do some research. This annual performance series is sponsored by the Falun Gong cult based in Taiwan. They're rabidly anti-China and pro-Trump. They also publish the notorious Epoch Times newspaper. 

All the hype is just that. None of the dances they do are "ancient" or authentically "Chinese." They're highly westernized camp. You shouldn't believe that any of their performances represent "five thousand years of civilization reborn." 

Best not to waste any of your money -- despite the 24/7 TV ads, billboards, and other ubiquitous advertising in every city. 

With respect to you ,you seem to be very one sour old guy 

I don't care about Trump because I'm in Australia🦘🦘

where our Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is out of the Country more than he is in it ✈️

And why would I support China anyway?

I hope Taiwan can remain free for all us older gay people 👨‍❤️‍👨

Enjoy life💃🕺

Everyone is different and has different beliefs,sure we can disagree but still show respect to each other

My motto "Grow Old Disgracefully !!

, we all don't have much time to waste "hating"  someone because of their beliefs ,race ,sex ,gender, life is not long 😉

23 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

And why would I support China anyway?

I hope Taiwan can remain free for all us older gay people

Who asked you to support China? I didn't. 

Nor does the Falun Gong represent Taiwan in any way, shape, or form. 

Your reading skills have a very thick blinder if you got all of that from my comment. 🤣

But if you do decide to purchase tickets for you and your partner, you'll be donating to a very homophobic organization that hates both of you. 

• Members
On 2/1/2024 at 10:35 PM, Olddaddy said:

... I don't care about Trump because I'm in Australia🦘🦘...

My step-mother and I (if I'm recalling correctly) went to a performance some 8 years ago, and were surprised to learn that the show is mostly Falun Gong propaganda. Yes, and you pay to see that. If you think that Trump's wackiness couldn't affect Australia, think again. 

From Wikipedia:

"...Falun Gong is entirely based around the teachings of its autocratic founder and leader: China-born Li Hongzhi. According to NBC News, to his followers, Li is "a God-like figure who can levitate, walk through walls and see into the future. His ultra-conservative and controversial teachings include a rejection of modern science, art and medicine, and a denunciation of homosexuality, feminism and general worldliness." Hongzhi instructs his followers to downplay his controversial teachings, when speaking to outsiders...".

Don't be fooled into thinking you're watching a Chinese cultural performance. These shows are merely set up to support Falun Gong, financially and with propaganda.