reader

Tawan Bar in Bangkok Closed: Police Raid Reported

2 hours ago, jamiebee said:

This is really sad. And now it's already April and still no news of reopening. Tawan guys are my type. My first time in Bangkok last year, almost every other day I'm in Tawan. 

Do you anyone have any recommendations of where you could find or where to for Tawan-type guys? 

The closest alternative (though not quite the same) would probably be Arena massage, or the Moonlight models (real pricey though).

I'm still holding hope that they will announce a re-opening, maybe at a new place or something (and hopefully before my upcoming trip) 🙏🙏🙏.

3 hours ago, jamiebee said:

Do you anyone have any recommendations of where you could find or where to for Tawan-type guys? 

In covid time some of them worked in massage places like Arena or Sabaidee so some may land there while waiting for bar's resurrection

I’ve just chatted to one of my Tawan Boy friends I’ve known for over 12 yrs. He dropped into Soi Tawan last night, partly for ‘old times sake’ and meet up with a few of the other guys and have a drink. He is scraping by working as Grab driver. 
I asked if he thought it would re-open and his response was ‘ยังไม่มีกำหนดเปิดครับ‘ [there is no opening date yet]and ‘รอต่อไปครับ’ [keep waiting]

Hard to tell from that. 😒

A tawan frequent customer told me the cause was one of the cabaret performer. I’ve never liked that part of the show. It’s ironic that it is the cause of tawan’s downfall.

i don’t understand why the boss insists in having that part of the show. Tawan is known for muscle and chubs, not fairies and twinks.

5 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Yes, famous for muscle but also had a fair share of twinks if you got there at the right time. The bar was not closed because of the cabaret. I have never heard of the police closing for shitty performance. Otherwise, I don't think any would be left. I just don't like the shows though.

It’s not like performance per se, but the performer in the cabaret. Pick your guess which one is it.

a. Illegal foreign worker

b. Underaged

c. Drug use

As time passes "why" the bar closed becomes less of an issue, replaced by "where the boys are" now.

It appears that their admirers are best advised to visit the area of the 7-Eleven. I'd be surprised if any of the guys are shy about chatting with strangers and more than they were when the bar was open.

12 minutes ago, reader said:

As time passes "why" the bar closed becomes less of an issue, replaced by "where the boys are" now.

It appears that their admirers are best advised to visit the area of the 7-Eleven. I'd be surprised if any of the guys are shy about chatting with strangers and more than they were when the bar was open.

Hopefully they'll be hanging out there and accepting ST/LT offers before the bar reopens. I need my my muscle boys 😭

7 hours ago, Shax said:

Hopefully they'll be hanging out there and accepting ST/LT offers before the bar reopens. I need my my muscle boys 😭

some spas (Jey, Googuy, Arena, Sabaidee VClub ) can be our temporary salvation and some bars may turn helping hand to Tawan boys as well. We are waiting for reports of first sightings of them somewhere.

7 hours ago, reader said:

As time passes "why" the bar closed becomes less of an issue,

issue no,  but our curiosity needs some satisfaction , otherwise various more or less plausible theories will emerge while real reason may be mundane like business not able to pay it's rent or meet it's payroll .

Certainly that short stretch of soi 6 has it's share of mysterious business disappearance recently, Coffee Grinder is still mourned by many including myself which is telling since I'm not even coffee drinker.

1 hour ago, ausken said:

I assume the 7-Eleven checkout staff can handle the off fees and drinks for the guys? This could be a lucrative new business for 7-Eleven to get into!

HELLO WELCOME! 

Tomorrow night I will try and off one of these Tawan guys. My plan is to approach them and say "Are you from Tawan?" and negotiate from there. I am hoping they take 2500 THB for a no sex muscle worship session. Honestly, I just want to massage one of their bodies. My likes are particular. I find that rate reasonable but expect to be taken for much more. I'll report back.

• Members
1 hour ago, ausken said:

I assume the 7-Eleven checkout staff can handle the off fees and drinks for the guys? This could be a lucrative new business for 7-Eleven to get into!

Slurpers overheard: “Shall we head to 7-Eleven to off a few Slurpees?”

IMG_4183.jpeg

IMG_4184.jpeg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, roughjock said:

HELLO WELCOME! 

Tomorrow night I will try and off one of these Tawan guys. My plan is to approach them and say "Are you from Tawan?" and negotiate from there. I am hoping they take 2500 THB for a no sex muscle worship session. Honestly, I just want to massage one of their bodies. My likes are particular. I find that rate reasonable but expect to be taken for much more. I'll report back.

I think you are right 2500  for short time is  quite generous  considering that they even don't have bar to work in now.

I wish you luck  and waiting for report. I always maintain that Tawan  bay was most friendly of them all and  their boys were very approachable.

19 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I think you are right 2500  for short time is  quite generous  considering that they even don't have bar to work in now.

I wish you luck  and waiting for report. I always maintain that Tawan  bay was most friendly of them all and  their boys were very approachable.

Just looking for a nearby hotel to book now as I live across the Chao Praya! 

1 minute ago, roughjock said:

The Quarter Silom (1 min away, looks nice, unsure of guest policy.)

I've stayed there myself last year and brought guys I offed from Tawan with no issues at all. 

Looking forward for how things turned out on your side later. 

The Quarter is very good indeed. Price gone up a lot since it first opened but great service and nice rooms. Even had Netflix and an open account left by previous occupant 😆

In short, very very convenient 👍