reader

'Traveloka' booking site

6 hours ago, reader said:

A local friend called my attention to this flight/hotel booking site that specializes in SE Asia destinations. Watched him book flight and was impressed by choices. prices and speed of transaction.

https://www.traveloka.com/en-en

Sounds like a good site for you..... Loca in spanish is like calling someone a crazy girl, derogative in the gay community, like a crazy queen 😝

1 hour ago, fedssocr said:

I'm always a bit leery of booking flights with these sort of sites. If anything goes wrong with your flights having to contact them for customer service might be difficult.

Indeed, I have had that experience. Wherever possible I book directly with airlines' sites. But these aggregators are good for finding out which airlines fly to the the destinations I am looking at and for price comparisons.

4 hours ago, floridarob said:

when we want to exaggerate the loca, we put loka  

Sorry if I am pouring cold water on your fun moment, but the word "loka" is from Sanskrit. It means the world or the universe. (see 4th paragraph of https://kr-asia.com/in-the-top-flight-everything-you-need-to-know-about-traveloka-part-1-of-2)

Not everything revolves around the Western world or European languages 😘

4 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Sorry if I am pouring cold water on your fun moment, but the word "loka" is from Sanskrit. It means the world or the universe.

Not at all, my definition of Loca (loka) is used in my daily vocabulary. The Sanskrit meaning, never   ??

Doesn't it break down to two different words  TravelOKA , 🧐

• Members

It seems to have sprung from a locally well known fromage tour operator a bit west of Montreal. When Trappist monks sell the farm there’s no telling what will evolve including its relation to the smell test and to variety on the in-flight cheese course trolley . 

IMG_3313.jpeg

IMG_3312.jpeg

• Members
15 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Sorry if I am pouring cold water on your fun moment, but the word "loka" is from Sanskrit. It means the world or the universe. (see 4th paragraph of https://kr-asia.com/in-the-top-flight-everything-you-need-to-know-about-traveloka-part-1-of-2)

Not everything revolves around the Western world or European languages 😘

Qué quoi what now?