firecat69

Back in Thailand

I certainly don't want anyone to feel that I set the Bar too High. Fortunately my trips are always at least 30 days long and there have been a lot of them. For that reason I have the time to post many times and of course I have my laptop and cameras with me.

If I was here for 7- 10 days then having fun is certainly more important then reporting on the fun.  I think we all understand that and will be grateful for any reports that anyone has time for.

I know that I gained valuable information from Anonone's posts as well as others that led me to Bars and nights I would have not otherwise tried.  

You just never know what nugget of information could prove valuable to your next visit and who that nugget might come from.

So I look forward to any and all reports from visitors no matter how short and whether or not they have photos.

I certainly don't want anyone to feel that I set the Bar too High.

Don't be too shy firecat, you set bar high and anybody seems to be happy about it.

An you are right, any report , even shot and devoid of pictures may be valuable to somebody either as warning or enticement.

I will be definitely trying to visit A-Bomb and Vassa thanks to your post, Anonone earlier was praising Magnolia Spa, never planned but now certainly I'll go there too, Christians was happy with A-Bomb in summer, I placed it on my list along  with few places everybody is complaining about / Dreamboys / as never hurts to check in person as we all have out likes and not-likes.  

As high season approaches hope more people will visit and post.

Hi all

I am back home after my holiday in Thailand. How is your holiday Vinapu? I spent 3 nights in Pattaya, 2 nights in Hua Hin and 7 nights in Bangkok. This is my first trip to Thailand..... Amazing trip and wondered if I overpaid....

There were not much massage shop or club/bar at Hua Hin. In fact, I think that the gay scene over there was a bit quiet. However, I did enjoy the beach and the sun.

In Pattaya, as mentioned previously, I went to Abomb and chose that guy in the first pic (photo took by firecat). It was disappointing........ Vinapu, if you like eye candy or worshipped lean/muscular guy like me, I suggest that you choose other boys. There are a few others who matched our type. This boy was disappointing. Also, he asked me for more tips, 1000bahts but I refused and gave him 100bahts. In the end, I paid him a total of 1600 bahts (excluding bar fine). Just wondering am I paying too much? Veterans out there, please advise...

2nd night, I went out late because I woke up quite late after a nap. I went to NAB. There were so many cuties out there and everyone was having fun. I left at abt 1.30am and headed to boyztown. It was a mistake on my part because I intend to reach there earlier to catch the show but I forgot abt the time. Most of the shops were closing and Toy Boy has already closed. I could see that many boys were already leaving the place to go back. I was a bit anxious because I did not want to go back alone. 1 of the boy outside the massage shop Scandic (hope I remembered correctly), saw me and waved to me. He asked me if I wanted any massage. However, the shop was already closing (in fact I think closed), lights off and chairs already packed inside. Abt 4 boys at the entrance preparing to go back. I think they are preparing to close and lock up the place. I asked him if the shop was still opened for business, he told me yes... no problem sir... ok for you... go hotel you want?? Thus, I said ok to go hotel for massage. He said he would take care of me. He was not my type. I saw a lean/fit/handsome guy and requested for that guy. They told me to pay upfront at the counter and I paid 1800 bahts to bring the boy back to hotel for outcall massage service. I asked him if it include the tip for the boy, he told me yes. Back in the hotel, after showering, the boy started to massage for me. He told me that I was lucky because normally it would cost abt 2000-2500bahts for outcall massage service. As I went there during the closing time, they gave me a discount.. Is that true?? The massage was not really good and I could sense that the boy was trying to end it asap. He told me that he forgot to bring condom, and he pretended to search his bag for a while. I found it hard to believe his story. Normally I thought massage boy/gogo boy always have condoms with them either in their wallet or bag (I might be wrong). I told him that the hotel did provide condom. I went to take and pass the condom to him. He was trying to rush everything. After everything has finished, I did not intend to give him any extra tips as I was not happy. He told me that I have to give him 1000bahts... I was shocked because I thought that it has already been included in the 1800bahts that I paid upfront over the counter.... He told me that it was different and this is his min tip etc....... In the end, it was quite late ard 3.10am in the morning and I just paid him and showed him to the door. I did believe that I was overcharged in this instance. Am I correct? What is the rate to pay for inhouse massage at the shop and for outcall massage? What abt the minimum tip for the boy? 

3rd night, I went to Boy Boy Boy. I offed a lean/muscular chap. He was 27 years old and handsome. Oh my god, he was a cobra.... long and thick. It was fun. I paid him 1800 baht and he was happy (1500bahts was the norm + 300bahts for the extra tips). 

Actually, what is the price that veterans out there paid for short time? 1000 -1500bahts? Someone please advise.. Thanks

In Bangkok, I went to Hero, V Club, Aqua, Arena and Banana Club for massage. I wanted to try Albury too but it was closed. Closed for business (Not operating anymore). I was not sure what was the reason but heard probably it was due to the bad location and poor business from others at other massage shops.

Hero and V Club has a lot of good looking, fit, lean and muscular type (model type) but probably most of them were straights looking to earn money. Many customers in Hero and V Club. Banana Club was mostly twinks and all of them were gays. Aqua has some muscular type. Arena was a bit disappointing and not many choice for me.       

I walked passed Soi Twilight and went to Dream Boy. I did manage to off 1 boy who was my type. Brought him back to my hotel. After everything has finished (it was average to me), he asked for 3000 bahts but I only paid him 2500bahts. So did I overpay ?? 

The rest of the days I managed to find someone from either jackd or grindr. Enough to keep me occupied and I did not go to any bar or club. Some of them did not ask me for any money but some of them did ask for help to pay for bills or others. I did give them 1000-1500bahts depending on the situation. 

Hope that you guys are not bored with my update. It was an amazing trip and I look forward to go back again in Dec. Perhaps I might want to engage a local tour guide to bring and show me around Thailand in Dec. Alternatively, any volunteer out there ?? 

Too bad you did not heed the warning about the boy in the photo from another poster.  (ananone or Z909)

The boy who told you owed him more after the massage was ripping you off.  Pattaya short time 1000 is acceptable and extra is graciously accepted.  Over nights 1500 and same if you feel he deserves extra.

Bangkok I have not taken a Bar Boy in quite some time.  Don't find the need.  1500 used to be acceptable for short time and 2000 over night but it appears boys from certain bars expect more then that.

I would no longer take a boy in BKK without establishing the tip prior to offing him.  I would tell him 1500 for short time before I offed him and give him extra if he deserves it.  If he is demanding more before you leave , it is likely not to be a good encounter. IMHO

Based on some reports elsewhere on Saphan Kwai , I may make another visit because the boys are less professional and apparently happy with 1000.

Sorry to hear mmjmmj that you were ripped off by Pattaya and BKK  boys but there's always price for newbies to pay. I my case years ago this was long time rate I volunteered for short time encounter, but I still remember it fondly so no harm really done.

As for my part I'm posting updates regularly under " Off to Thailand " thread.  As consolation I'm spending like drunken sailor even knowing prices but must say no bitter feelings so far, all great.

No problem exchaning in Bangkok, when arrived on Monday they already had seen few. So fear not

For the first time I changed money right here in USA. I discovered Chase and Bank of America both will do it here (Chase actually gets it from BoA. As a customer I paid only the exchange fee, no processing fees. It took less than 24 hours to have the Thai baht in my hands.

For the first time I changed money right here in USA. I discovered Chase and Bank of America both will do it here (Chase actually gets it from BoA. As a customer I paid only the exchange fee, no processing fees. It took less than 24 hours to have the Thai baht in my hands.

I am a Bank of America customer.  Did you get a good rate. I never even considered that because I was sure they would rape me.

"Actually, what is the price that veterans out there paid for short time? 1000 -1500bahts? Someone please advise.. Thanks" quote mmjmmj

Boyztown is now 1500 but many of the guys can be found on the apps snd are happy with 1000 and many ok with 800. Ask for price before you take them from a bar or online. I offed a guy from Vassa Bar towel night on Friday and gave him 1000 short time and he was happy. Great fun and highy recommend Vassa Bar for entertainment amongst the other boring bars in Pattayaland and Boyztown.The others need to try something different. Lucky 7 already closed and the rest have little interest. Toy Boys and Vassa are the only bars I visit now.

mmjmmj, they ripped you off in all occasions you mentioned. But this was your first visit, and I made mistakes on my first visit as well (even on my second, not being ripped off directly as I am tight with money, but other tricks they play with people new to the business).

Was in Vassa bar two weeks ago on Friday, thumbs up from ChristianPFC.

"Actually, what is the price that veterans out there paid for short time? 1000 -1500bahts? Someone please advise.. Thanks" quote mmjmmj

According to previous polls, Pattaya going rate is supposed to be 1000 short time, 1500 long time, although it's probably good to offer an extra 100~200 if completely satisfied.

Some might always try their luck asking for more, why not? However if you politely refuse, the same people are very keen to get offed again on your next visit to the bar.

I've started 2 new polls, so lets see what the result is.

I can't speak for BofA rate but since Chase got the money from BofA I would hope they would charge customers accordingly. Ironically, my local BofA branch wasn't even aware that they could get me baht. apparently it comes from a separate business division. I paid sell rate of the day. Total transaction: I gave them 1K US and got back 999.54 US worth of baht from Chase

Hi all

I am back home after my holiday in Thailand. How is your holiday Vinapu? I spent 3 nights in Pattaya, 2 nights in Hua Hin and 7 nights in Bangkok. This is my first trip to Thailand..... Amazing trip and wondered if I overpaid....

There were not much massage shop or club/bar at Hua Hin. In fact, I think that the gay scene over there was a bit quiet. However, I did enjoy the beach and the sun.

In Pattaya, as mentioned previously, I went to Abomb and chose that guy in the first pic (photo took by firecat). It was disappointing........ Vinapu, if you like eye candy or worshipped lean/muscular guy like me, I suggest that you choose other boys. There are a few others who matched our type. This boy was disappointing. Also, he asked me for more tips, 1000bahts but I refused and gave him 100bahts. In the end, I paid him a total of 1600 bahts (excluding bar fine). Just wondering am I paying too much? Veterans out there, please advise...

2nd night, I went out late because I woke up quite late after a nap. I went to NAB. There were so many cuties out there and everyone was having fun. I left at abt 1.30am and headed to boyztown. It was a mistake on my part because I intend to reach there earlier to catch the show but I forgot abt the time. Most of the shops were closing and Toy Boy has already closed. I could see that many boys were already leaving the place to go back. I was a bit anxious because I did not want to go back alone. 1 of the boy outside the massage shop Scandic (hope I remembered correctly), saw me and waved to me. He asked me if I wanted any massage. However, the shop was already closing (in fact I think closed), lights off and chairs already packed inside. Abt 4 boys at the entrance preparing to go back. I think they are preparing to close and lock up the place. I asked him if the shop was still opened for business, he told me yes... no problem sir... ok for you... go hotel you want?? Thus, I said ok to go hotel for massage. He said he would take care of me. He was not my type. I saw a lean/fit/handsome guy and requested for that guy. They told me to pay upfront at the counter and I paid 1800 bahts to bring the boy back to hotel for outcall massage service. I asked him if it include the tip for the boy, he told me yes. Back in the hotel, after showering, the boy started to massage for me. He told me that I was lucky because normally it would cost abt 2000-2500bahts for outcall massage service. As I went there during the closing time, they gave me a discount.. Is that true?? The massage was not really good and I could sense that the boy was trying to end it asap. He told me that he forgot to bring condom, and he pretended to search his bag for a while. I found it hard to believe his story. Normally I thought massage boy/gogo boy always have condoms with them either in their wallet or bag (I might be wrong). I told him that the hotel did provide condom. I went to take and pass the condom to him. He was trying to rush everything. After everything has finished, I did not intend to give him any extra tips as I was not happy. He told me that I have to give him 1000bahts... I was shocked because I thought that it has already been included in the 1800bahts that I paid upfront over the counter.... He told me that it was different and this is his min tip etc....... In the end, it was quite late ard 3.10am in the morning and I just paid him and showed him to the door. I did believe that I was overcharged in this instance. Am I correct? What is the rate to pay for inhouse massage at the shop and for outcall massage? What abt the minimum tip for the boy? 

3rd night, I went to Boy Boy Boy. I offed a lean/muscular chap. He was 27 years old and handsome. Oh my god, he was a cobra.... long and thick. It was fun. I paid him 1800 baht and he was happy (1500bahts was the norm + 300bahts for the extra tips). 

Actually, what is the price that veterans out there paid for short time? 1000 -1500bahts? Someone please advise.. Thanks

In Bangkok, I went to Hero, V Club, Aqua, Arena and Banana Club for massage. I wanted to try Albury too but it was closed. Closed for business (Not operating anymore). I was not sure what was the reason but heard probably it was due to the bad location and poor business from others at other massage shops.

Hero and V Club has a lot of good looking, fit, lean and muscular type (model type) but probably most of them were straights looking to earn money. Many customers in Hero and V Club. Banana Club was mostly twinks and all of them were gays. Aqua has some muscular type. Arena was a bit disappointing and not many choice for me.       

I walked passed Soi Twilight and went to Dream Boy. I did manage to off 1 boy who was my type. Brought him back to my hotel. After everything has finished (it was average to me), he asked for 3000 bahts but I only paid him 2500bahts. So did I overpay ?? 

The rest of the days I managed to find someone from either jackd or grindr. Enough to keep me occupied and I did not go to any bar or club. Some of them did not ask me for any money but some of them did ask for help to pay for bills or others. I did give them 1000-1500bahts depending on the situation. 

Hope that you guys are not bored with my update. It was an amazing trip and I look forward to go back again in Dec. Perhaps I might want to engage a local tour guide to bring and show me around Thailand in Dec. Alternatively, any volunteer out there ?? 

They took you for a ride like all of us from time to time, With Boyz Boyz Boyz you were generous but if you were happy nothing wrong with you. Scandic / now Boy Club / boy was too greedy , 800 was massage fee and 1000 was supposed to be given to boy by the shop, anything on top of this would be warranteed only if negotioated but everything over 2000 would be good long time rate for PTY , may be too high even. As consolation don't worry I overpaid too.

I gave 1500 to boy from Abomb for very good but 1 hr only performance/ time agreed beforehand /, he took it but did not seem overly excited with amount so may be even PTY is moving to this range 

Dreamboys short time rate is 1500, I was told this by mamasan during my unhappy interaction with the # 31. I kicked boy with 1000,  he wanted 1500 as short rate , called mamasan who told me the same but I did not  yield a baht. See my post.  

A for 2500 / 3000 it depends you were with him short or long time / overnight / 2500 would be norm for long time it seems. My boy also wanted 3000 and he got it but it was long long time and he worked hard for his money , believe me .

I look at things of overpaying not as much as what norm is but if I get value for money. I'd rather pay more and enjoy time  than pay less and enjoy a savings.

Mamasans are unlikely to give reliable advice on the going rate, as they're always going to try & push the figure up.

The polls here suggest it's sufficient to pay 1000 short time & 1500 long time, or slightly above that. 

The real test comes when you found someone you liked, tipped them & go back to the bar few days later. They're invariably very keen for another off after being tipped at, or slightly above such rates. 

That wouldn't happen if they expected another customer to arrive and pay them significantly more.

I am a Bank of America customer.  Did you get a good rate. I never even considered that because I was sure they would rape me.

It's been my experience that any time you change currency with one of the banks before you leave you get a terrible rate. I have gotten baht from BoA in the past, but the rate is not very good. You can always check on their website to see what kind of rate they are offering before you complete a transaction. It's much better to just wait and get some money from an ATM once you arrive. The airport has many ATMs.

Hmm. I must have gotten lucky then. I checked and the rate I got from Chase was same sell rate as quoted on XE.com for that day and no service fees. The thing I like about Chase is that they have dropped foreign transaction fees on credit card purchases. Not sure if that also applies to ATM withdrawls. Last time I was here and used ATM, both the Thai bank and my bank at the time charged fees for using the ATM.

I'm not a big fan of BoA. I got caught in New Orleans once short on cash. I couldn't find a BoA ATM. I checked their website and couldn't find one (and there's an ATM on most every block in NOLA). I called the toll free number on my BoA ATM card. After20 minutes I was told the nearest ATM was in Meridian, MS. The CSA asked, "Is that close to where you are?" My sarcastic nature took over. The only thing I could think of to say was, "Only if you consider 160 miles away as close." That was when I switched to Chase.

As for changing ,money in the BKK airport-rate is the same in every single counter BUT WITH ONE EXCEPTION:

last counter before you enter trains area, it will be on your right. It seems this area doesn't belong to airport since uniform rate is not adhered to there , rather they have Silom/ Sukhumvit  street rate, This was case in may and the same on Nov 11th when I arrived.

So wait until you are almost to board the train. Caution-they may not be opened 24 hrs so it may not work when you arrive post midnight. I was there 9.45p.m. and they were opened, airport rate was 30.00, they had 31.22. Not much difference if you are exchanging 100 USD but quite a bit if we are talking 1000.

A bunch of us went to Vassa boys last night for towel night. Three of us were happy and myself and one other were bored.

Vassa has cornered the market on very slim, tattoo free teenage boys. Lots of pretty skinny gay boys. No tobacco smoking while we

we were there and towels stayed firmly on with no exposed parts.

Before going to Vassa, we dined at Cafe New Orleans. Restaurant was busy and it was over an hour before soups and salads

were served. Some enjoyed their dinners but one will never return. Mine was ok but over 2 hours in a chair no fun.

Last stop was Boys,Boyz,Boyz . Lots of manly men here and playfulness among the guys. A couple of twinky boys but young masculine

men were bountiful. A few looked over 30 as well. Very hot sexy show (not Bangkok hot) and plenty of boners throughout . No tobacco smoking here.

Many women in audience and many of the guys directed their attention to the women.

One farang gave a very sexy teenaged boy a 1000b. Tip. The kid has the sweetest buns and is popular. He seemed stunned

by the generosity as 100b. Tips are the norm and somewhat rare these days. BBoys super and the twins were featured and

super as well.

Boyztown has something for everyone.

what a contrast to depressing firecat's report from Sunee  for the same night.

If I were reporting on Sunee, posting would have been depressing. Fun bar like Eros, too busy with too many customers.

Nice Boys spoiled for me by a skinny boy with ugly deformed cock, who sat right in front of me and exposed it and chuck wowed

constantly. Krazy dragon has been dead and Power boys not my cup of tea. Also can't stand the black lighting at Happy boys.

Depressing enough?