Guest Goldenboy

Trip report

Guest anonone

I think many visitors underestimate the importance of respect, kindness, fun, and friendliness from the Thai boy's perspective. Yes, they need they money but it is not everything.  The boys note everything we do in forming their opinion of what kind of person we are. Do we tip others?  Do we smile?  Do we give coins to beggars on the street? Do we offer to buy the boys food without being asked?  I typically ask them if they want something from 7-11 or foodstall before we go back to the room. They also tell all the other boys what type of person we are when they return to the bar! So my belief is that you create your own karma according to how you treat the boys and it either "works for you" or "works against you".

I think it is useful to think beyond just the dimension of how much to pay.

This is a great post and very, very accurate. 

Guest Goldenboy

Prices seem most definitely to be a hot button. They were intended just as another fact - albeit my facts were advised pithy - nothing more nothing less.

The odd troll doesn't bother me - I will be posting more. I have great interest in the gay thai scene and want to participate in exchange of views. When back home it allows you to relive the many moments of pure joy in a trip.

If it was not clear from my directness- fantastic time had. I treat people well and I feel like I get it back in spades. In fact I would describe may of the interactions as euphoric.

Last word on tipping - I know the score but chose to add more simply reflecting the fact that most of the time I am in bangkok, I never strictly have ashort time, some were long time, the lads always party/eat before moving back to the hotels, they generally come from good establishments, and it is a reflection of how I feel about the whole thing and it's worth. Give a base and make clear the rest is simply extra because I like them or feel they did a great job etc.

Thanks to the good people of the board. Latter.

I think many visitors underestimate the importance of respect, kindness, fun, and friendliness from the Thai boy's perspective. Yes, they need they money but it is not everything.  The boys note everything we do in forming their opinion of what kind of person we are. Do we tip others?  Do we smile?  Do we give coins to beggars on the street? Do we offer to buy the boys food without being asked?  I typically ask them if they want something from 7-11 or foodstall before we go back to the room. They also tell all the other boys what type of person we are when they return to the bar! So my belief is that you create your own karma according to how you treat the boys and it either "works for you" or "works against you".

I think it is useful to think beyond just the dimension of how much to pay.

This is a great post and very, very accurate. 

fully agree, that's an excellent post. Sometimes it seems some people (not on this board as far as I can tell) view the boys they hire as mere merchandise, as objects they own for the duration of the time together. I find that reflected sometimes in requests by money boys in their online profiles to be treated with respect and the like. From my own point of view, I don't understand the necessity of such requests, but unfotunately there is obviously a need for it.

Well, they are human beings like the person hiring them, and in fact one hires not the person, but a service they provide. I see no difference to, say, a hairdresser, whose service (a haircut) is being purchased and the person is otherwise treated as such, as a person one can respect and chit-chat and be friendly with. Focussing on the person rather than the money side of the deal is part on the enjoyment, especially in Thailand, as explained so well by farangyai.

while I fully agree with farangyai and anddy's comments and practice what  they preach must notice that some of those advises can be used by boys as well. 

Farang hiring them is also person not just farting  wallet. If certain services or length of time were agreed upon , their side of bargain should be kept . 

Both sides have room for improvements, I'm not speaking out of bitterness since my experiences were mostly excellent but there's bad apple from time to time who all of the sudden recalls that his motorbike is parked in the wrong place and they must leave now or being hired long time insists on going to bed  fully dressed  etc. 

Guest LoveThailand

I know the boys do it for money. I know I am probably not a person they woudl have chosen to go to bed with otherwise.

But - under these circumstances being nice to them makes the whole experience better to both sides.

I have yet to meet a boy who does not respond to a nice gesture.

I know the boys do it for money. I know I am probably not a person they woudl have chosen to go to bed with otherwise.

still if they like us for whatever reason, usually tip or perceived good heart they tend to perform better on subsequent sessions.

This is reason I'm slowly moving from butterflying and giving more  business to those known already. Nothing wrong with doing it for money , I'm of strong and expressed already opinion that straight 'gay-for-pay ' boys are often performing   better to make up for shortage of passion.

I agree with Vinapu about boys performing better after the first session. This is often my experience.

With the first off there is the unfamiliar factor - he doesn't know me and what I like (Im more bottom and like prolonged kissing). I don't know how he is going to perform and whether there will any problems.

On subsequent dates he knows I will be a good tipper, especially for overnights and will treat him well and that I stay in good hotels and apartments. I make relatively short visits (3 or 4 weeks) to LOS, especially Pattaya, for gay sex.

I tend to be butterfly in my first week but then retain boys for longer periods, during which I get to know them as more than a sex object, and occasionally take them to the beach or even to Koh Samet. Im always realistic. I know as an older gay there is a big gap between me and a 18-25 Thai Boy !.

Guest FossilGay

while I fully agree with farangyai and anddy's comments and practice what  they preach must notice that some of those advises can be used by boys as well. 

Farang hiring them is also person not just farting  wallet. If certain services or length of time were agreed upon , their side of bargain should be kept . 

Both sides have room for improvements, I'm not speaking out of bitterness since my experiences were mostly excellent but there's bad apple from time to time who all of the sudden recalls that his motorbike is parked in the wrong place and they must leave now or being hired long time insists on going to bed  fully dressed  etc. 

I like this post.  It is always a two-sided affair.  Both are adults, both enter into the transaction willingly.  Customer and service provider must try to be fair and reasonable in meeting each other's expectations.

I was in one massage place in South Pattaya.  As they were taking an age to find a free room, I suggested my hotel was just across the road and then a 1000 baht off fee was mentioned, so I gave up on that idea.

I'm not sure why any one would want to off a masseur.   If you're after a short time encounter, the massage shop premises work fine. If long time, hook up with the masseur on Jack'D and meet him after his shift.

I'm not sure why any one would want to off a masseur.   If you're after a short time encounter, the massage shop premises work fine. If long time, hook up with the masseur on Jack'D and meet him after his shift.

Because one likes him, leaves private encounters for private premises, doesn't want to wait until he finishes his shift, neither one is on Jack'd etc, boss doesn't like his boys having off encounters with his clients even after hours and boy is afraid his roommate will gossip,  all those would be my reasons and I off massage boys more often than go-go's  

To the OP:

Sounds like you had a great time and if the boys were worth the prices you paid to you, that's all that matters. In the scheme of things, the most expensive boy you had for a night costs roughly the same as a 30 min quickie here. In my opinion if you pay the good performers good tips and the bad ones to cover their time only then The good ones have an incentive to keep being good. If you try to get away with the lowest tips to all then what's the incentive to perform well?

So looking forward to my next trip in Oct/Nov.

. In my opinion if you pay the good performers good tips and the bad ones to cover their time only then The good ones have an incentive to keep being good. 

This would be confirmed m by me experience, whenever happy I paid over the odds with anticipation of another off , on subsequent  meeting boy was even better and inclined to stay longer than on first visit.

Which is important to me since I like romantic BS  like kisses and hand holding and hate when even best boy looks like is in rush to spent his newly earned tip . 

Guest LoveThailand

this way both sides are happy and no stories of broken hearts and drenched wallets to follow.

Does not provide guarantee. Both happened.