abidismaili

Pattaya gay for pay?

I often read Thailand - and Pattaya in particular - is a gay paradise, but there is then always someone saying: "Yes it is, but it is gay for pay".

What is meant with that?

That the boys are almost all heterosexual and only go with men for the money? 

Or do they mean that while the boys are gay indeed (most of them) they only will go with you for money? That picking one up for free is as good as impossible? (Assuming the tourist is not 20, but say 40 or 50)?

I just find it hard to believe most boys in gogo bars and beer bars and on Gayromeo are hetero's selling themselves.  I am sure a few will be heterosexual. But the majority is gay, or not?

Depends on your type.  Twinks will be mostly gay . The more muscular the more Gay for Pay and limits on what they are comfortable doing.

Yes you can find an occasional free one but most want and need money.  In BKK more likely to find non - money boys but in Thailand there are no hard and fast rules.  IMHO

I often read Thailand - and Pattaya in particular - is a gay paradise, but there is then always someone saying: "Yes it is, but it is gay for pay".

What is meant with that?

Just what it says, you pay your money and they will engage you in homosexual acts whether gay, straight, bi, ladyboy, etc.

Just what it says, you pay your money and they will engage you in homosexual acts whether gay, straight, bi, ladyboy, etc.

Ok thanks. I was confused because it was implied the boys are really heterosexual and act only gay in exchange for money.

I couldn't believe it, because in my (limited) experience I think most go go boys are sincerely gay. And of course undoubtedly some will be heterosexuals. But I think that are the exceptions.

Pattaya in particular - is a gay paradise, but there is then always someone saying: "Yes it is, but it is gay for pay".

I think a more apt proverb might be "no Money, No honey"

Saying that my Irish friend is in early 40s and rarely pays when in Pattaya... and he gets loads of 18,19.20 year old guys

Of course the draw with him is that he visits reguarly and is single... so the boys are all giving free samples in the hope of drawing him in!

Damn for ONCE I wish that was me you were talking about but alas we both know it's not ! :-( lol

Mind you even the guys that do happily "cum free" I tend to offer a little something to anyway as a) they probably need it and b) it does tend to keep everything on a certain level so that there's no confusion about who I am or what we're doing and after a few shags they don't get the idea they're a BF.

Guest luvthai

I don't care what label one puts on Pattaya  I for one hope that it will always stay the same even tho I know some changes have taken place with more to come.

It is a place I have always felt like I could be myself.   Sitting at the green chair bar watching the street scene is so relaxing to me.

Ok thanks. I was confused because it was implied the boys are really heterosexual and act only gay in exchange for money.

I couldn't believe it, because in my (limited) experience I think most go go boys are sincerely gay. And of course undoubtedly some will be heterosexuals. But I think that are the exceptions.

does it really matter if they are gay or straight?  may be if one is looking for real boyfriend, otherwise if they are gay or just faking it for the money as long as they are  doing it very well It doesn't matter for me at least.

I always ask them at some point what they like better, boys or girls and  answers I consider sincere , most popular being "both".

Some guys are claiming to be 100 % straight but  I do not believe it  , otherwise where erection would be coming from ?.

My experience is that straights and bi are trying harder to please but gay twinks are not my territory and they may sense it on rare occasions when they are hired.

Sometimes there are curiosities like very manly guy  massaging me at Fundoshi, by own admission into girls yet bottom only. True professional perhaps? 

The Thais don't have a word in the Thai language for "Gay" 

But we in the West see us gays as being born that way. It is not a choice. It is not that we choose being gay at age 20 and at age 35 we decide to be hetero and then switch back to gay at age 50 because of choice. Being gay is part of your biological make-up. In Thailand guys who feel sexually attracted to guys must also be part of the population for eons of time already. Or are Thais genetically so different from other humans that homosexuality does not occur there? Very unlikely.

So how can the Thai language not have a word for a biological phenomenon that must have existed since the first humans appeared on earth?

Nor is there a Thai word for heterosexual, straight or whatever you would call it (or I haven't encountered it yet). But there is a Thai word for "free" : ฟรี which is taken from English and spelled in Thai.

I understand "gay for pay" as a boy who is straight, but has gay sex for money. There are people who prefer gay money boys, but for me it makes no difference if I pay a gay boy who would not have sex with me for free or a straight boy who would not have sex with me for free.

I understand "gay for pay" as a boy who is straight, but has gay sex for money. 

That is how I also understand it. But why do many people then say "Pattaya is only gay for pay"? It implies then almost all gogo boys, beer bar boys,  Gayromeo boys are heterosexuals. I find that hard to believe. Many of these are I think genuine gays. Yes money boys, but gays nonetheless. So people who call Pattaya "Gay for pay" are wrong in my opinion.

That is how I also understand it. But why do many people then say "Pattaya is only gay for pay"? It implies then almost all gogo boys, beer bar boys,  Gayromeo boys are heterosexuals. I find that hard to believe. Many of these are I think genuine gays. Yes money boys, but gays nonetheless. So people who call Pattaya "Gay for pay" are wrong in my opinion.

Does it really matter if the guy is gay, hetro or bi as long as he delivers what you pay for and what he promises when making the arrangement for a sexual encounter for money?

So people who call Pattaya "Gay for pay" are wrong in my opinion.

congratulations -  you have set up your straw man and now you have demolished him to your own satisfaction

I think the real issue here is for most western gay tourists and expats in Pattaya what percentage of sex encounters are commercial? what percentage of venues (bars/massage/sauna etc) targeting this group are commercial? what percentage of Internet hookups by this group are commercial? what percentage of this group are/were attracted to Pattaya by the ready availability of cheap commercial sex workers of they type they lust after compared to the price of comparable sex workers back home or compared to the selection realistically available to them for free at the bars, the baths or online back home?

so discussions about the semantic differences between gay money boys and gay for pay boys and the relative percentages of each in Pattaya and is Pattaya therefore gay for pay don't I think get us very far, the reality for most of the group is more of the "No money no honey" variety - i.e. most are going to have to pay for sex most of the time, but the sexual orientation of the sex worker has little to do with it!

of course all the above comments apply to the "fat/ugly/old falung" stereotype of western gay sexpat/sex tourist  -  but then I don't know that too many western gay 25yo blonde Adonis types end up in Pattaya and those that end up in Bangkok usually complain about the lack of a "real" (i.e. non-commercial) scene!

bkkguy

PS I am posting this against my better judgement - I am surprised that everyone's "troll radar" has not gone off already!

and those that end up in Bangkok usually complain about the lack of a "real" (i.e. non-commercial) scene!

So even for hot 25 year old European guys it is hard to find free gay sex in Thailand? You would almost think that the "Gay for Pay" guys are right after all. There aren't many genuine gays in Thailand? Because if true gays are all over the place wouldn't they want free sex with a European Adonis?

Btw your troll radar needs some fixing. When was the last time you have send it for repair?

How dump or stupid my questions may appear to you they are genuine. But I think you do need an IQ above 100 to appreciate the intelligence of them. Intelligent people see the merit of my question. I am very curious to know what percentage of money boys are truly gay. But I agree you need some intelligence to be interested in things like that. Lacking it, it may appear as trolling.

But I think you do need an IQ above 100 to appreciate the intelligence of them. Intelligent people see the merit of my question. I am very curious to know what percentage of money boys are truly gay. But I agree you need some intelligence to be interested in things like that. Lacking it, it may appear as trolling.

Force yourself to be nice abidismaili, not a good introduction to the forum by questioning IQ of it's members

Force yourself to be nice abidismaili, not a good introduction to the forum by questioning IQ of it's members

Ok. But I have an excuse. It is not nice being called a troll. Who would not get angry?

Look I get answers to my questions like "who cares if they are gay or not". Yes from a practical standpoint it doesn't matter. 

But just out of pure intellectual (academic) interest, I would like to know what percentage of gogo boys etc are truly gay. 

I from my point of view can not understand this is not something interesting to know about. 

Ok. But I have an excuse. It is not nice being called a troll. Who would not get angry?

Look I get answers to my questions like "who cares if they are gay or not". Yes from a practical standpoint it doesn't matter. 

But just out of pure intellectual (academic) interest, I would like to know what percentage of gogo boys etc are truly gay. 

I from my point of view can not understand this is not something interesting to know about. 

I think as westerners its very hard for us to understand what motivates the guys (or women) to work in the sex industry.

Some time ago I met a Ladyboy in Pattaya who told me that he is NOT transgender and only started to cross dress in order to make money in the sex scene after he saw others from his village making money.

We as foreigners in stark contrast to the Thai boys from the Villages are extremely rich and privileged and I for one cannot imagine the poverty that would necessitate having to pretend to change gender just to make enough to survive or maybe  support aging parents.

I would conclude that a lot of stuff that goes on in tourist Thailand like thirty-something year old attractiveThai women getting hitched to doddering old men is only for pay.