Guest anonone

Some Bangkok bar advice?

Nobody has mentioned Jupiter so far? 

And more comments on App Arena, please. Thinking of visiting it - just out of curiosity - how it looks, Thai-Thai disco? :)

(with all this fuzz about BoyzBoyzBoyz, I think, I should visit it in July - I was there once in 2012, nothing special as I remember)

Guest anonone

Nobody has mentioned Jupiter so far? 

And more comments on App Arena, please. Thinking of visiting it - just out of curiosity - how it looks, Thai-Thai disco? :)

(with all this fuzz about BoyzBoyzBoyz, I think, I should visit it in July - I was there once in 2012, nothing special as I remember)

BoyzBoyzBoyz had a reincarnation a year or two ago...can't recall exactly when.  Back in 2012 I think it was a rather boring with not so many gogo staff and a ladyboy cabaret show a couple times a night that wasn't exactly thrilling.

As a twink-lover, it is not on my list of usual bars to visit, but I have stopped in a couple of times for their much improved show.  They have MANY more staff now, though limited young twinks.

I posted about my last trip to Bangkok on another forum. I met a Cambodian guy who is hung like a donkey in a Soi Twilight bar. Back in January I met a cute guy in Screwboys but he wasn't there in April.

I'd give Golden Cock a miss as there aren't many boys there in the afternoon. In any case, a farang comes in and they all go and sit with him at the bar and you are left sitting all by yourself. However, there is one guy called Pan who often works there. He's cute and a lot of fun.

I know your preference so Natureboys may be a disappointment - all very masculine guys, some of whom look a bit rough. But if it's hands -on fun you want and are ok with the type of boys available, then drop in and look for a guy called Mai. He's a real handful, if you get my drift. And a nice guy, too. He'll have his hand up your shorts in no time!

Super A, which is on the way to Natureboy - on the left down a short soi just before Golden Cock - is also hands on. There were a couple of guys you would like working there back in April. Plenty of cock on display.

Guest anonone

Thanks a447

I was hoping you would come by and share your Bangkok knowledge. I will probably visit Golden Cock anyway, just to say I have been there / done that.  Does Nature Boys open in the early afternoon as well? 

To summarize, sounds like sleaze bars are located away from Soi Twilight and consist of Golden Cock (which opens early) and Nature Boys.  Hands on fun also to be had at Super A and Screw Boys.  A visit to soi 4 to Balcony for old time's sake.  Dream Boys is the show to catch and I should arrive at around 10 for a 10:30 show.  End of the night will be at DJ station before heading to the hotel around 4AM to shower and get to the airport.  In between all of the above, I will randomly visit as many of the gogo and beer bars as I fancy, with Scorpion bar (to see the "un-offable" Viet beauties) and Banana Bar (because NIrish recommends) as prime targets.

You know, my first trip to Thailand was 6 nights in Bangkok.  I was a true newbie.  Didn't off a single guy.  Was nervous going to the gogo bars to see a show.  Never invited a guy off the stage.  The only "sex" I had was some happy ending massages.  But wow was I hooked.  Such an exciting time compared to anyplace else I have ever traveled...and the amazing beauty of the Thai lads.  Wow.

Went home and started learning about everything via the internet and the forums. Kicked myself hard for all the missed opportunities.  Heard about this place called Pattaya and decided to check it out.  (I booked my 2nd trip to Thailand right away...returned in just 3 months time :spiteful: )  The rest, as they say, is history. 

Really excited now to re-visit the area that was so exciting and new to me back then.  Anyway, sorry for the reminiscing.  Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts.  Now comes the hard part...waiting for the days to pass until I board the plane.

No, Natureboy opens at 8pm.

Is been a bit hit and miss over the past few trips; sometimes you'll find around 8 guys, other times just 2 or 3.

Sometimes a farang offs all the guys for an orgy. I'd love to be a fly on the wall! Lol

The 2 Vietnamese beauties - brothers - have moved on. The real cutie - you'd LOVE him, he's gorgeous - now works as a waiter at Freshboys . The older brother I'm not sure about. He was in Scorpion one night back in January as I recall, but I don't remember seeing him in April. Both are not offable.

The one who works in Freshboys is sitting on a goldmine. Either he doesn't know it, or he just wants to be able to sit down once in a while...lol. I once toyed with the idea of taking him to Japan with me - he would make an absolute fortune as a model. He's what we call "cho -kawaii" in Japanese. OMG! He's unbelievable!

Guest anonone

LOL  OK maybe exchange Fresh Boys for a Scorpion visit.  And yes, you have piqued my curiosity to see such a vision of loveliness.

I should add my comments re banana bar ( and hotmale bar opposite) are merely as they are at the start of Soi twilight and you can sit and have a cheap beer or two, watch the guys go to work, have a bit of craic with the bar staff ( if you make some effort and don't sit there waiting to be entertained ) - not that i suspect you EVER do that Anon :-) so don't be expecting anything other than that, but apart from that your plan sounds just about perfect and mirrors must of my own nights of debauchery when in Bkk so I'm sure you'll enjoy :-). Hell in just sorry we weren't both there at the same time and then I KNOW the craic would have been good !!! ;-)

Guest alwaysnick

Oh my god, if you haven't been to DJ Station you haven't experienced gay Bangkok. That is definitely the place you should go if you have just one night in Bangkok. It's good no matter what night you go.  

Guest anonone

I should add my comments re banana bar ( and hotmale bar opposite) are merely as they are at the start of Soi twilight and you can sit and have a cheap beer or two, watch the guys go to work, have a bit of craic with the bar staff ( if you make some effort and don't sit there waiting to be entertained ) - not that i suspect you EVER do that Anon :-) so don't be expecting anything other than that, but apart from that your plan sounds just about perfect and mirrors must of my own nights of debauchery when in Bkk so I'm sure you'll enjoy :-). Hell in just sorry we weren't both there at the same time and then I KNOW the craic would have been good !!! ;-)

Oh wow...the thought of you and I hitting Bangkok together for one wild night of partying?  I think that is like "crossing the streams" of a ghostbusters plasma machine....  LOL

Thanks for the follow up advice on Banana and Hotmale bars.  I know exactly what you mean about having a bit of craic with the staff, and that is actually the type of place and the type of night which I enjoy alot.  I think I shall be quite happy.   

Anonone:

The Hotmale Beer bar has quite a few Ex-Sunee Beer Bar boys working there... so you may even recognise a few of them!

Interesting....wonder what surprises might be in store for me...

Oh my god, if you haven't been to DJ Station you haven't experienced gay Bangkok. That is definitely the place you should go if you have just one night in Bangkok. It's good no matter what night you go.  

Thanks, alwaysnick.  I definitely plan on checking it out for my one night in Bangkok.  I have occasionally (LOL) visited a late night club or two in Pattaya, so I have always wondered how DJ station compared. 

Guest alwaysnick

I have visited the nightclubs in Pattaya too and they are nothing compared to DJ Station and other bars in the Soi 2 alley. Far better quality crowd and atmosphere and good for singles. Have fun! Don't go home with the first guy who hits on you. 

The only sleaze bars in Bangkok are Nature Boys and Super A (recent experiences). Nature Boys can seat about 5 customers and there might be as little as 2 boys and up to 5 boys. Super A has 10-15 boys on average. Nearby Golden Cock has boys fully dressed, not interesting for me.

About Soi Twilight bars, recent visits to some of them were largely a disappointment (details see my blog). If you spend time in Pattaya, I would say it's not worth going to bars in Bangkok. (I live in Bangkok and go to Pattaya to visit bars!). No fuck shows at the moment (doesn't interest me anyway, but the drink price is the same), foreign boys in jeans or fully dressed (a big turn off for me). If you go to a bar in Twilight, take a good look before sitting down and ordering a drink.

(I can't comment on Dream Boys, Jupiter, Tawan as I haven't been for years as they are too expensive or not my style.)

Granted, it's low season both  in Bangkok and Pattaya, but at least prices are reasonable in Pattaya.

I noticed that plenty of boys (among them some cute massage and Vietnamese boys) spend time at the pool tables on the ground floor under X-Size. Can't blame them when business is slow, but neither they nor their bar will get business from me when they are at the pool tables.

DJ station on Fri and Sat night (there is a show 11:30 to 12:00, ladyboy lipsync, as far as I remember) is crowded. Difficult to move around, I avoid these days.

GOD (now G Bangkok) is a horrible place. Expensive entry (300 Baht), and smoking inside and crowded.

I have been to Thai style discos as a single customer many times (Wave, App Arena, G-Star, Fake, details in my blog). They would be perfect on a Sat (full but not crowded, coyote boy and other show).

"Best news is that apparently Golden Cock opens up in the afternoon, so that will probably be my first stop." Kind of. They have some live-in boys who they will wake up if a customer comes in the afternoon.

"Hands on fun also to be had at Super A and Screw Boys." Super A definitely, but Screw Boys is normal operation, I haven't witnessed any sleaze in 4 visits over the last 18 months.

Have you thought of saunas? There is Farose 2 in Ramkhamhaeng (on the way to airport, so you could take all your luggage and depart directly from the sauna) which has not the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance, but is quite an experience, and should be busy on Sat to Sun night midnight, with group activity in darkrooms.

I have posted some pics from App arena in this thread:

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/post302205.html#p302205

Its basically a Giant Bkk version of NAB... but with a loss less farang dancing badly and knocking over tables!

Guest anonone

Thanks for your report Christian.  You have spent a lot of time in Bangkok, so I appreciate your observations.

I am not a big sauna patron while in Thailand.  There are enough saunas available to me in the USA that it is not high on my list of things to do in Thailand. 

And I will not necessarily be looking for a sex buddy for the night.  My Bangkok visit will be at the end of a week with my BF, including a couple days up in Isan...not much else to do there except fucking...so I will be rather satiated in regard to a bed companion....maybe...depending on who I meet in Bangkok, I guess.  :spiteful:

Really, I am more looking to just spend a night carousing in the Bangkok gay area, seeing the different bars, and having a good time.  As mentioned up thread, I only spent time in Bangkok on my first Thailand visit.  That was many years ago and I was not very adventurous.  It is now my opportunity to make up for lost time.  LOL

My intent with this thread was to get the "lay of the land" for Bangkok's current gay scene.  Armed with this knowledge, I can now cruise the Silom area and understand better what the options are.  When the night comes, I will hit the streets and see which way the wind takes me....

Guest anonone

Well, after all my preparation and great advice from many...turns out to have been wasted effort.

Due to changing travel, I ended up not staying in Bangkok at all.

On the plus side, I had another great visit including a couple days in Isan with BF and family.

Thanks anyway, everyone, for all the info, may come in handy at some point....

thanks vinapu.... happy to post trip report but i doubt it will be as exciting as others' trips considering my interests! :-) 

relax , as long as you are not interested in girls  your reports will be well received, rest assured

Some of the tawan guys are now charging 3k short time!!! The weekend audience is also dwindling, not full house anymore.

first they started with 4000 long time which I was tricked to pay  three times ,  now that. I guess it's up to us to assess if it's worth the trouble and expense. I love Tawan boys but it's only one I'd pay that much for long time   and none I'd pay 3000 short time unless short time was , say 11 pm -7 am